Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutters on the bus

Options
  • 24-12-2020 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

One of the silver linings of the Covid crisis for me is the restrictions on public transport. It's great to get on a bus and have the seat to yourself and know that some random mentaller isn't going to sit down beside you and start trying to talk to you. This I think is an affliction particular to Ireland where pensioners in particular can't seem to resist the compulsion to talk to total strangers. I find it hard enough to talk to people I've known my whole life, never mind some coffin dodger who's plonked their musty old a*se down beside me on the bus and decided I'm the person who gets to hear their life story today.

I'm just back from doing the last of my Xmas shopping in town. There was some daft old bat in the seat behind me the entire journey moaning and complaining the entire way. She was obviously hoping someone would take her seriously and start joining her in talking sh*te the whole way home. And before yiz all giving out to me about the poor old lonely dear who probably has no one at home etc., this old bat didn't sound particularly lonely or isolated. She was just a typical cranky opinionated haridan who thought her particular hobby horses were so important that she just HAD to tell the first unfortunate person she saw. Thankfully, with seats being restricted to one occupant only she just had to be content with raving away to herself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Ranting and raving forum is that way --->>>

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Did you get your money back from the charm school?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Earphones...problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Choosehowevr.

You didn't want anyone to talk to you

Yet you want to talk to us with this rubbish

• Advertisement

So wait, she didn’t even talk to you directly and you’re moaning about her?
    Did ever hear of tolerance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Everlong1 wrote: »
    One of the silver linings of the Covid crisis for me is the restrictions on public transport

For me, it's the no bag packers at supermarket checkouts. Get t'fcuk away from my shopping ye cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's a tricky thing having someone talking to you when you don't want it.
    If they are old I usually will chat to them.
    For you it can be 15/20 mins of discomfort, for them it could be 15/20 mins of the only human interaction they have all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Bus wanker!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Everlong1

You didn't want anyone to talk to you

Yet you want to talk to us with this rubbish

Who forced you to read it ?

• Advertisement

Did you get your money back from the charm school?

I've never pretended to be the world's most sociable person. Which is precisely why I don't want complete strangers trying to start conversations with me.

For me, it's the no bag packers at supermarket checkouts. Get t'fcuk away from my shopping ye cnuts.

That used to get on my t*ts as well. The arrival of the self service checkouts is a Godsend. No more little knac*ers trying to guilt me into supporting their school cheerleading team. FFS this is Dublin not America love.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That used to get on my t*ts as well. The arrival of the self service checkouts is a Godsend. No more little knac*ers trying to guilt me into supporting their school cheerleading team. FFS this is Dublin not America love.

You might get a visit from three ghosts tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Treat the elderly with respect, you will need it too someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,693 ✭✭✭✭blueser

One of the silver linings of the Covid crisis for me is the restrictions on public transport. It's great to get on a bus and have the seat to yourself and know that some random mentaller isn't going to sit down beside you and start trying to talk to you. This I think is an affliction particular to Ireland where pensioners in particular can't seem to resist the compulsion to talk to total strangers. I find it hard enough to talk to people I've known my whole life, never mind some coffin dodger who's plonked their musty old a*se down beside me on the bus and decided I'm the person who gets to hear their life story today.

I'm just back from doing the last of my Xmas shopping in town. There was some daft old bat in the seat behind me the entire journey moaning and complaining the entire way. She was obviously hoping someone would take her seriously and start joining her in talking sh*te the whole way home. And before yiz all giving out to me about the poor old lonely dear who probably has no one at home etc., this old bat didn't sound particularly lonely or isolated. She was just a typical cranky opinionated haridan who thought her particular hobby horses were so important that she just HAD to tell the first unfortunate person she saw. Thankfully, with seats being restricted to one occupant only she just had to be content with raving away to herself.
    No it isn't....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSW3zLmYcBU&ab_channel=whatsbestonvideo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

OP you should get a car...you know like an adult

Pacifico wrote: »
    OP you should get a car...you know like an adult

Yeah I definitely should become another idiot who's happy to spend 5 hours a day stuck in traffic and who's so wedded to their car that the thought of a 10 minute walk to the shops sends them into a panic.

blueser wrote: »

Nice one! I wonder after he did that routine did he get sanctimonious ars*holes giving him grief about it like all the humourless gimps on this site who can't see that my post wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What is it with all the kids old enough to hold a phone or tablet and the volume up full.... These kids will turn into morons like their parents.....

They have zero respect for anyone else....

Are the parents that thick that they don't know they invented ear phones.... Kid friendly ones too.

I've had to tell so many to lower it and even tell them they invented kids ones

What is it with all the kids old enough to hold a phone or tablet and the volume up full....

I've had to tell so many to lower it and even tell them they invented kids ones

MY HERO. Seriously. Given the type of knack*ag we're talking about it takes genuine courage to try and put some manners on them. I imagine you probably got a volley of abuse from most, it not all of the little scrotes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,693 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Nice one! I wonder after he did that routine did he get sanctimonious ars*holes giving him grief about it like all the humourless gimps on this site who can't see that my post wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
    Probably. Though he'd get infinitely more these days from professional offendees.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

MY HERO. Seriously. Given the type of knack*ag we're talking about it takes genuine courage to try and put some manners on them. I imagine you probably got a volley of abuse from most, it not all of the little scrotes?

I'm the Driver so it bides well they take it on board or the bus tends to get very sluggish....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,854 ✭✭✭CoBo55

They always mess it up!!!

I'm the Driver so it bides well they take it on board or the bus tends to get very sluggish....

OK you're going to have to tell me what route you're on so I can sell my house and move there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

biko wrote: »
    It's a tricky thing having someone talking to you when you don't want it.
    If they are old I usually will chat to them.
    For you it can be 15/20 mins of discomfort, for them it could be 15/20 mins of the only human interaction they have all day.

I usually enjoy it when older people chat to me on public transport. I've heard the most incredibly personal life stories on buses and trains from some amazing people. You might learn something, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

You were so convincing in your denunciation of women as cranky harridans, coffin dodgers, daft old bats, mentallers and nutters that you had me fooled. This could be a double bluff now, claiming that you were not being serious. I don't know what to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Level 6 is no talking.

You were so convincing in your denunciation of women as cranky harridans, coffin dodgers, daft old bats, mentallers and nutters that you had me fooled. This could be a double bluff now, claiming that you were not being serious. I don't know what to believe.

And my work here is done. :D

Yester wrote: »
    Level 6 is no talking.

If only.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

At least a step up from those same types on the train. On that mode of transport, no means of egress until the next stop.

Advertisement