Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord unhappy with blinds

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

beauf wrote: »
    You can't seem distinguish between reasonable and unreasonable.

One issue is the LL behaviour is against the rules. If the the tenant is also breaking the rules thats a different issue. One doesn't make the other right.

well thats where we differ, just because you dissagree doesnt make me wrong, to me not being unreasonable, ie being considerate, its not doing things that will cause an intrusion into someone else peaceful enjoyment of their own home. Running an air compressor, tools that run up to, if not over 85db is not reasonable in a domestic setting.

Using an air compressor to inflate childrens toys, blow dust off a playstation (allegedly) is ridiculous, sounded to me like the OP wasnt giving the full story, which now seems to be the case. They sound like a poor tenant and neighbour, unfortunately the laws as they are allow for unreasonable behaviour, I dont even usually bother posting/ replying in this forum because you invariably end up dealing with entitled, unrealistic, stubbornly held, selfish viewpoints. Just because someone pays rent does not mean they have unlimited entitlement to do as they please, rights AND responsibilities, works better for all if people are reasonable, not digging the heels in and getting offended being asked as an adult to do something, that isnt completely unreasonable, ie air compressors, the whole, keeping the blinds shut just sounds like, dont want to pay tv licence, when a tenant is that stuck or tight, its not a good sign to a landlord, because invariably they will be cutting costs somewhere else, I belive there was some disbelief earlier in the thread at ventilating a rented property, basic stuff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There have been a few reports recently in this thread and I'm going to lock it to take a look over posts. I may not bother reopening it as it looks as it if has long since run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement