Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18 months for Carragaline stabbing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You need to do research and see the pictures of the white irish cork lads in his gang. I would hazzard a guess that you've seen it and are being deliberately obtuse.

Also, I'm saying they are scum, anyone who commits or is party to an attack like that is scum. I never said they were salt of the earth. I'm not sure where you got that from. I was just saying they hung around with each other in what you could call a diversely raced gang for lack of a better term. My understanding was that this guy would be hanging around with a gang of white/mixed and black lads. All in the one gang. The lad himself is clearly mixed race and probably half irish.

Your “understanding”, based on what exactly? And these photos, are they wearing a gang uniform? How do you know it’s not just a random snap? I’m in plenty of photos with strangers I’ve met on the session, at concerts, festivals etc. You seem to have an in-depth knowledge of this “gang”, it’s members and their ethnicities.

Or are you just making excuses for black on white crime??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Getting down to brass tacks, that is the objection. It cannot be racist, because the victim was Irish.

Meanwhile, there is a global keening over the death of a black man, simply because he is black.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

The victim is 100 percent of decent stock end of, normal kid, GAA player with ballygarvan, but to make it worse his 2 pals watched and didn't do anything,(2 strapping carrigaline GAA players, if they were mine I'd be ashamed)

Cowardly fu*kers. Our lads are being bred as wimps these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Your “understanding”, based on what exactly? And these photos, are they wearing a gang uniform? How do you know it’s not just a random snap? I’m in plenty of photos with strangers I’ve met on the session, at concerts, festivals etc. You seem to have an in-depth knowledge of this “gang”, it’s members and their ethnicities.

You seem to have an in-depth knowledge yourself. I've said I was going off photos on social media im sure you've seen and the ones in the park im sure you've seen. But we can just leave it there and agree to disagree.

The guy who committed the attack is not one of "our lads" right?

• Advertisement

You wha'?

You seem to have an in-depth knowledge yourself. I've said I was going off photos on social media im sure you've seen and the ones in the park im sure you've seen. But we can just leave it there and agree to disagree.

I’ve seen one pic. One. You’re claiming they all grew up together and have been bffs from day one.

You can be sure that if our lads fought back, Fanta would be in here calling them racists.

Lillyfae wrote: »
    His teenage girlfriend, who put herself between him and the animal trying to catastrophically maim him.

She did more than his two GAA mates who were apparently with him.

Shame on them.

You wha'?

You almost slipped up. Be more careful hiding your racism so you don't get banned.

• Advertisement

You can be sure that if our lads fought back, Fanta would be in here calling them racists.

You brave enough to say that the perp isn't one of "our lads"?

What on earth are you talking about?

Oh I get it. Lads if we don't embrace the scumbag as one of our own we're wacist :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Hamachi

The guy who committed the attack is not one of "our lads" right?

Please just stop. You’re tying yourself in pedantic knots at this point.

As for the perpetrator, his father is African and his mother is Lithuanian. You can choose to argue the semantics of whether this constitutes one of ‘our lads’ or not. Alternatively, you can have the decency to concede that there is a high probability of a racial component to the savagery doled out by that contemptible lowlife.

Either way, a young Cork man’s life has been temporarily destroyed. Let’s hope he manages to rebound psychologically and proceed to lead a long and happy life.

Hamachi wrote: »
    Please just stop. You’re tying yourself in pedantic knots at this point.

As for the perpetrator, his father is African and his mother is Lithuanian. You can choose to argue the semantics of whether this constitutes one of ‘our lads’ or not. Alternatively, you can have the decency to concede that there is a high probability of a racial component to the savagery doled out by that contemptible lowlife.

Either way, a young Cork man’s life has been temporarily destroyed. Let’s hope he manages to rebound psychologically and proceed to lead a long and happy life.

Nobody has demonstrated anything other than that this guy committed a scumbag act and should be jailed.

Saying there's a racial component seems ridiculous considering there was nothing racial said in the attack, he's hanging around with white people and by his leaked social media was with white women, and is actually half white himself. His own mother is white im assuming. The only people saying there is a racial component are racist right wingers from what I can tell. Sadly for them they are in the minority.

The only people saying there is a racial component are racist right wingers from what I can tell. Sadly for them they are in the minority.

You’re both as bad as each other and equally deplorable. Those trying to capitalize on the racial undertones and you itching to brand others as racist with your ‘our lads’ tactic.

It’s truly pathetic on both sides of the argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

He is half white, been with white women has white friends and his mother is white.

How dare you call him a racist, you racists.

Looney tune mentality.

He is half white, been with white women has white friends and his mother is white.

Looney tune mentality.

I'd say mixed race guy attacks white guy = automatic racist attack lads!! is a more looney tune mentality.

Who cares what the colors are? He's a danger to society but look at the sentence? It took the Gardai longer to investigate than the ****er will spend in jail!

I'm convinced that eventually, a solicitor will take a case against the state over the lax sentences and bail conditions in this country. Its just ridiculous how many crimes are committed by people on bail or temporary release or remission.

It might be expensive to keep them in jail, but they aren't destroying decent lives in there.

He's a danger to society but look at the sentence? It took the Gardai longer to investigate than the ****er will spend in jail!

I'm convinced that eventually, a solicitor will take a case against the state over the lax sentences and bail conditions in this country. Its just ridiculous how many crimes are committed by people on bail or temporary release or remission.

It might be expensive to keep them in jail, but they aren't destroying decent lives in there.

Amen to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I'd say mixed race guy attacks white guy = automatic racist attack lads!! is a more looney tune mentality.

We live in a world where black criminal dies in interaction with white cop in the USA = automatic global/corporate outrage over somehow inherently racist murder. Its a crazy world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭kirving

She did more than his two GAA mates who were apparently with him.

Shame on them.

She was far less likely to be stabbed than a lad. She didn't know that of course and acted selflessly, but you can damn sure that the lads knew the danger they would have been in.

Have you ever had a knife pulled on you? Because I have, and while I'd love to say in an internet forum that I'd jump in to help a friend, you may react much differently in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Looney tune mentality.

Skin colour or background aside, one thing we can all agree on, he is still a ****ing scumbag kid. Absolute piece of dirt.

Sentence too lenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Can't see it happening I'm my opinion.

Would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Can't see it happening I'm my opinion.

Would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Not really. The majority of solicitors have nothing to do with criminal defence.

You brave enough to say that the perp isn't one of "our lads"?

He’s half Lithuanian/half African (can’t remember his fathers country), no?

So he isn’t one of our lads.

Although I could have just stated that no he isn’t one of our lads and not been racist because my last 2 girlfriends have been black (and hot!!). My best mates wife is black, and I’m also great friends with her. I’ve childhood friends who were black and others who were Arabic. By your logic I couldn’t possibly be racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Sand wrote: »
    We live in a world where black criminal dies in interaction with white cop in the USA = automatic global/corporate outrage over somehow inherently racist murder. Its a crazy world.

Yes this is the thing. Had it been roles reversed and a white person stabbing a half-white person (who would be then called black), there would be outrage and it would be used as an example of how racist Ireland is.

The fact that the far-right tried to call this a racist attack just goes to show that the far-left (and the sometimes more 'mainstream' left) and far-right are just one and the same, or at lot more similar than they would all like to think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

The victim is 100 percent of decent stock end of, normal kid, GAA player with ballygarvan, but to make it worse his 2 pals watched and didn't do anything,(2 strapping carrigaline GAA players, if they were mine I'd be ashamed)

And that’s one of the reasons why many lefties aren’t too upset about this.
    They despise normal middle class people. They also despise the squeezed middle (deserves a separate thread)

So when something bad happens to middle class people, many lefties couldn’t give a toss. Same happens when rural homeowners are violently attacked by travelling gangs.

Of course if a middle class person COMMITS a crime, the left are all over it.

He’s half Lithuanian/half African (can’t remember his fathers country), no?

So he isn’t one of our lads.

Although I could have just stated that no he isn’t one of our lads and not been racist because my last 2 girlfriends have been black (and hot!!). My best mates wife is black, and I’m also great friends with her. I’ve childhood friends who were black and others who were Arabic. By your logic I couldn’t possibly be racist.

He has probably been born and raised in Ireland. Therefore he is Irish.

• Advertisement

He has probably been born and raised in Ireland. Therefore he is Irish.

Ah “probably” makes you a citizen now? Fcuk me they’ve relaxed things a lot.

Being born and raised in Ireland to foreign parents, and living here to the age of 100, doesn’t make you Irish.

You’re an absolute spoofer

Advertisement