Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18 months for Carragaline stabbing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Some of the quotes from the article above:
    Gardaí said the unprovoked attack only ended when the attacking teen took the victim's mobile phone and "left him for dead, really".
    "It was a needless and frenzied attack – it was devastating for my son and for our family," she said.
    From the Judge:
    "There was a considerable amount of violence. He had a victim on the ground. That he should have hit him with a bottle – and then stabbed him in the back with the broken bottle?"
    The defendant approached, spoke to the teen who had struck the victim, picked up a glass vodka bottle and smashed it over the victim's head. He then used the jagged neck of the glass bottle to stab the victim in the back while he was lying helpless on the ground

The fact that this guy gets 1 1/2 years for such an attack is appalling and it is indeed an indictment of the justice system in Ireland. It is stacked against victims in this country.

It is curious that there was no mention of the racial aspect of this case i.e. black gang setting upon a single white male with his girlfriend, and the racial abuse that the victim endured during the attack and stabbing, which was recorded by the gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Kivaro wrote: »
    It is curious that there was no mention of the racial aspect of this case i.e. black gang setting upon a single white male with his girlfriend, and the racial abuse that the victim endured during the attack and stabbing, which was recorded by the gang.

Of course not ,

Now flip the script (white gang ) attacking a black teen with racist intensions and we would never hear the end of the racist Ireland ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

What are the backgrounds / social class for the attacker & victim?

From the Judge:

The fact that this guy gets 1 1/2 years for such an attack is appalling and it is indeed an indictment of the justice system in Ireland. It is stacked against victims in this country.

The racial aspects not important and I'm not sure why you're so obsessed with race?

Scumbags attacks someone and gets ****ty short sentence, that's the story.

bubblypop wrote: »
    The racial aspects not important and I'm not sure why you're so obsessed with race

The victim was racially abused during the initial attack and subsequent stabbing ,
    It was a race attack

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    The victim was racially abused during the initial attack and subsequent stabbing ,
    It was a race attack

Ah well if that was the case then that's different. That's fair enough

Edit, where did you see the racial aspect? I dont see it anywhere.

Daragh1980 wrote: »
    What are the backgrounds / social class for the attacker & victim?

Don't know about the chap doing the stabbing with the broken vodka bottle, after having smashed him across the head with said bottle, while robbing him, but I imagine here isn't a captain of industry role ahead. Not his first rodeo it seems.
    The victim seems like he's from decent stock.

His girl friend saved his life.
    The little prick trying to push the girl off him so he could zoom in on his face is as bad

There was a previous thread on it and several videos of the attack and robbery found on social media , including bragging about it after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

If it was the other way around it would have been all over the media.

We are an embarrassment of a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

The video and social media posts iirc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

The video is still online on some gore sites.

In terms of race all I can say is that scumbag's support group used words like "fam", whilst the poor victim looked at least 10th generation Irish.

Dirtbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

Don't know about the chap doing the stabbing with the broken vodka bottle, after having smashed him across the head with said bottle, while robbing him, but I imagine here isn't a captain of industry role ahead. Not his first rodeo it seems.
    The victim seems like he's from decent stock.

His girl friend saved his life.

Ah ha!
    So the stabber wasn’t a posh white guy from a privileged background?

Interesting to see how w*nkers like Soundmigration will spin this on Twitter. Many of the left insist that “money talks” when it comes to light sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

I absolutely guarantee that he will murder someone before he hits 30, and the judge will have swanned off with a massive pension, enjoying his life, while some family are in despair.

Are we allowed post his name??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

The defendant denied three times to the gardai that he was responsible.

And posted the attack to the internet.

And seemingly left this young fella for dead.

Sounds like a stand-up guy.

Disgusting, ridiculous sentence.
    I'd be beside myself if I was the victim's parents.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Seems very little for attempted murder.

He'll be in and out of jail for the rest of his life.

Don't know how the fcuk this wasn't attempted murder?

Victim bleeding on the ground defenceless, our friend stabs him with the bottle- girl tries to protect him - the other King tries to push her out of the way to zoom in on his face, and our main King comes in again, pushed the girl out of the way, and stabs a few more times.

If the attack wasn't bad enough, the scumbags put it all over social media bosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,265 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

eurokev wrote: »
    I absolutely guarantee that he will murder someone before he hits 30, and the judge will have swanned off with a massive pension, enjoying his life, while some family are in despair.

Are we allowed post his name??

His name was not in the article so I would not write it here. But it was widely published at the time.

His name is irrelevant for the points raised anyway. If people start going on about individuals' backgrounds etc then I'd say the thread will be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

From the Judge:

The racial aspect of the case was used by the defense

"Mr Boyle said of the defendant: “He was subjected to hatred in the community, focusing on the event and his ethnicity.” The barrister said the defendant had since moved out of Cork. "

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40194798.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If they were knocking back 90's yokes nobody would be stabbing anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 30,400 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    The racial aspect of the case was used by the defense

"Mr Boyle said of the defendant: “He was subjected to hatred in the community, focusing on the event and his ethnicity.” The barrister said the defendant had since moved out of Cork. "

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40194798.html

Boo fcuking hoo.

He'll be no loss to Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Boo fcuking hoo.

He'll be no loss to Cork.

Went to Limerick after the attack. Posted video from there on social media.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    The barrister said the defendant had since moved out of Cork.

It should have been part of his sentence that he have to stay there for X number of years.

Feck the UN and their rules against "cruel and unusual punishment".

• Registered Users Posts: 30,400 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

statesaver wrote: »
    Went to Limerick after the attack. Posted video from there on social media.

Yeah, I saw that on Twitter alright.

Can't believe his solicitors gall to try to get sympathy for him.

I don't understand how the racial guff his solicitor was talking about would be in anyway germane to the case anyway.

Season 2 wrote: »
    So, nothing to see here, move along move along..

Plenty to see I would think. I
    Scumbags gets very short sentence, no doubt it won't be his last.

That's the solicitor's job. They are not supposed to be judge and jury. You can't blame them for that. Someone has to represent the accused so that they can be brought to trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Gatling wrote: »
    Of course not ,

Now flip the script (white gang ) attacking a black teen with racist intensions and we would never hear the end of the racist Ireland ,

Not to mention the destruction that follow similar incidents and the non stop lecturing from the media.

That's the solicitor's job. They are not supposed to be judge and jury. You can't blame them for that. Someone has to represent the accused so that they can be brought to trial.

Of course it is. But it's a non-defence and I can't see how his solicitor can get away with bringing up such weak rubbish. I hope it had no bearing on the case.

Of course it is. But it's a non-defence and I can't see how his solicitor can get away with bringing up such weak rubbish. I hope it had no bearing on the case.

I'd imagine it had no bearing. But if the solicitor just said "You're a guilty little shite and I'm not going to bother me bollix trying to help you" then the accused could claim they didn't get a fair trial.

I'd rather see someone putting forward those kinds of weak arguments because if they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for that, it highlights that they have absolutely nothing better to offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Didnt he kick the **** out of someone in limerick a few days later, also put on social media. Didn't he also attack a bus driver this time last year in Cork.

Don't think it's the last of him that we will hear off in the press

Advertisement