Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18 months for Carragaline stabbing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Didnt he kick the **** out of someone in limerick a few days later, also put on social media. Didn't he also attack a bus driver this time last year in Cork.

Don't think it's the last of him that we will hear off in the press

Scumbag has a significant internet presence, acting the hard man.
    A real gangsta.

Gurning for his fifteen minutes even after this incident.
    No remorse whatsoever.

Ridiculous sentence.
    As you say, not the last we'll hear about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Didnt he kick the **** out of someone in limerick a few days later, also put on social media. Didn't he also attack a bus driver this time last year in Cork.

Don't think it's the last of him that we will hear off in the press

Apparently there is a video of him attacking another lad laying defenceless on the ground while he repeatedly hit him with a vodka bottle in the head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    The racial aspect of the case was used by the defense

"Mr Boyle said of the defendant: “He was subjected to hatred in the community, focusing on the event and his ethnicity.” The barrister said the defendant had since moved out of Cork. "

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40194798.html

Going forward, we should expect to see similar defenses from black defendants before the courts in Ireland. In the last few years we already had Judges giving reduced prison sentences to criminals due to their ethnicity, stating that they would have a harder time in prison. The mind boggles.

Ethnicity is also used as an excuse for the extremely poor percentage of Africans engaged in employment in Ireland. One could ask if there is a correlation between criminality and lack of employment.
    Wonder where did the country go wrong, as we were told that Ireland would be different with these types of issues, which were previously observed all around Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

statesaver wrote: »
    Went to Limerick after the attack. Posted video from there on social media.

The video was filmed in the estate he lived in in Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Scumbag has a significant internet presence, acting the hard man.
    A real gangsta.

Send him up to Finglas South throwing shapes.

I'd say he would last 3 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'm not convinced expunging violent crimes from people's records when they turn 18 is a good thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Didn't there used to be a thread on this incident? I couldn't find it.

Seems that the individual in question was sentenced today.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/its-lamentable-judge-appalled-after-video-of-teen-stabbed-with-a-broken-vodka-bottle-over-2-goes-viral-39890058.html

Got 2.5 years with 12 months suspended. What would that equate to in terms of actual time locked up? Would it even be 12 months?

Seems very little for a premeditated attack where fellas gang up on an innocent young fella and batter and stab him over an excuse of 2 Euro just so they could put up a video on social media.

Anyone know why they didn't try him for attempted murder? I wonder will we see cases for others involved too.

A prison year is 9 months. He’ll serve 13.5 months. That’s some fcuking justice

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Should get life for such a sickening disgusting attack

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

The courts in this country is unbelievable,

Stabbings and acid attacks should be on par with attempted murder simple as that lay the law down hard on them and make an example of these incidents otherwise they will just rise over time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

bubblypop wrote: »
    The racial aspects not important and I'm not sure why you're so obsessed with race?

Scumbags attacks someone and gets ****ty short sentence, that's the story.

It was a filmed racial attack, you can hear them verbally abusing him on the ground. Racism is a serious crime last I heard.

Ireland’s hate crime legislation, the Prohibition of Incitement to Hatred Act 1989 makes it an offence to create or distribute racist, homophobic or other discriminatory materials. Offenders face a maximum of two years in prison and a fine of up to €10,000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Imagine the headlines if this was a reversed situation in terms of the gangs involved

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Got off light because they are black

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Case closed.

The case wasnt used by far right racists?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

No. It wasnt.

Unfortunately not for the first time your propaganda is false .

Videos prove you wrong

The case wasnt used by far right racists?

It's not a race crime if those two publications say it's not.

Gatling wrote: »

Videos prove you wrong

I didnt see the video thank god

Was race brought up during the attack?

Videos prove you wrong

Nah. They were caught red handed https://farrightobservatory.medium.com/how-white-nationalists-tried-and-failed-to-exploit-carrigaline-d986c54a2e6a

We know this was a case of far right racists using the kid who was attacked. They couldnt give a **** about him. His family rebuffed the "help"

Terry Pratchet

Nah.

Your wrong your posting that nonsense serves the point nothing to see here move along

• Advertisement

Your wrong your posting that nonsense serves the point nothing to see here move along

The assault wasnt racist. The racists got caught rapid trying to jump on it with their scumbag racist agenda. The family of the victim disowned them. Not my fault you dont like those facts.

Terry Pratchet

The assault wasnt racist.

Yes it was .

Have you watched the videos or videos of the other attacks .

No didn't think so

Yes it was .

Have you watched the videos or videos of the other attacks .

No didn't think so

We know this was an attempt to stir up racist hate in this country and they were absolutely caught red handed with it. Sorry.

Terry Pratchet

We know .

So that's a no ..

But that's hardly surprising considering you claimed to have seen various stuff posted on threads proven to be lies and here you are ranting about far right infiltration , didn't you say something similar about the protests about dp protests out west

We know this was an attempt to stir up racist hate in this country and they were absolutely caught red handed with it. Sorry.

I havent seen the video either, Joey, i dont know if race played a part in the attack. It's possible that it was a racist attack AND that other racists make capital from it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A judge admitted he was appalled at the "lamentable" level Irish society had plummeted to after a video clip of a helpless teen being savagely stabbed with a broken vodka bottle after an unprovoked attack over €2 was shared on social media and went viral worldwide.....

A kid stabbing another with a bottle is described by the fûcking absolute tosser cûnt of a judge as ‘lamentable’... which most dictionaries describe the word meaning ‘regretful’...

Stabbing somebody.. regretful...

If I try run somebody over in my car.. am I reacting in a regretful manner too ? Or am I needing to be of a different ethnicity to gain that weak and unwarranted description...of my behavior ? If not, can I be described as a violent and despicable criminal to be removed from the public to safeguard the public... 5 yeas, two suspended ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I think it's fairly shocking that you can rob someone , stab them and potentially kill them and end up doing about a year in prison . He'll send that time playing video games . It's hardly punishment. A notorious Dublin gangsters son , stabbed someone to death a few years ago . Although he was only 14 when he done it, he got sentenced to 4 and a half years for killing someone. Hes probably out now enjoying the rest of his teens . There's too much kids gloves with scum here .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Just like, when you tried to stir up racist hate in this country, when Hannah Fleming vandalised her own car.

• Advertisement

DVDM93 wrote: »
    That's attempted murder all day long. Shame on the judgement.

Advertisement