Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clermont Auvergne vs Munster, Sat 19 Dec 5:30pm Irish time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

leakyboots wrote: »
    Larkham has brought our handling to a new level, he's made his mark.

That's one of our best ever results on the road

using DDA much better this season, good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

MaddChris wrote: »
    Someone shut this fool up :D

Well this is a first. The meta is just on point with this one!

Where are the post match interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Bloody great result that. Didn't see much of it so can't really comment on the performance, but to come back in SMM like that is fantastic no matter what.

Questions do have to be asked about Clermont though. 3-30 in the second half is pretty bad from them. That's 2 home losses in a row and they nearly let Bristol back into it last week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

PHG wrote: »
    Thought I saw JJ holding his shoulder when he came off and wince when putting on the jacket after. Hopefully not injured

Saw him holding it a little earlier as well before he came off.

I'm dead after that my poor neighbours will think somebody was getting killed from all the shouting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭MaddChris

Where are the post match interviews?
    My guess is BT Sport don't have anyone in the ground to do them. Just sent a skeleton crew for commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Some French teams have a habit of switching off when they get a 4 try bonus point.

I’m just going to leave this here....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

kuang1 wrote: »
    Yeah agree.
    I was almost pleased that they got their bonus point so early. French complacency almost inevitable to some extent after that.

Oh we're doing this are we Lawrence?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Happy Fúcking Christmas!

I don’t know what was said at HT, I presume it was the “remember, Simba” scene from The Lion King on repeat.

I had to watch with headphones in on my iPad as the wife is watching Strictly and I’m in trouble for letting out a roar at the KOB try. Woke the 2 year old. Worth it, he’d have wanted to know!

That was without a doubt Munster's toughest assignment and they passed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Apart from a score summary there is nothing on RTE website about it.

Bit of a joke - no?

kuang1 wrote: »
    Goway out of it Venjur. ;)
    Don't be trying to bring any moderate or sombre tones to this thread.
    Clearly we are the best team in the world at this moment :):):)

Best win of the weekend anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Apart from a score summary there is nothing on RTE website about it.

Bit of a joke - no?
    There was a piece up about a minute before you post.
    They dont need to have a by the whistle report. Its going to be on their news etc.
    Not really an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Ludikrus

Are highlights on anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Are highlights on anywhere?

Anywhere???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Incredible come back. Is this a sign that Munster have turned a corner to better things?

Incredible come back. Is this a sign that Munster have turned a corner to better things?

Next weeks game will tell a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Next weeks game will tell a lot.

It won't. The internationals won't play. Going by last year the internationals won't feature in the next two weeks and will return for the Connacht game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Full match (English commentary/SD):

Full match (French commentary/HD)

Extended highlights (French commentary):

Final minute only (French commentary):

enjoy

It won't. The internationals won't play. Going by last year the internationals won't feature in the next two weeks and will return for the Connacht game.

The “internationals” are only POM, CJ and Murray. Earls, Farrell, Conway and Daly won’t be ruled out for necessary rest, . How well this team is doing is not down to them, they haven’t been responsible for the results that Munster have so far this season, they added a bit to today’s game, but it was the cherry on top not the foundations

The great unbeaten start for both sides in the league is on the line next week. The result will tell a lot about how much, if at all Munster have closed the gap
    On Leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

The “internationals” are only POM, CJ and Murray. Earls, Farrell, Conway and Daly won’t be ruled out for necessary rest, . How well this team is doing is not down to them, they haven’t been responsible for the results that Munster have so far this season, they added a bit to today’s game, but it was the cherry on top not the foundations

The great unbeaten start for both sides in the league is on the line next week. The result will tell a lot about how much, if at all Munster have closed the gap
    On Leinster.

But the internationals won't play for Leinster either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

4Ad wrote: »
    Standers smile said it all !!!

https://twitter.com/pablocoll/status/1340382158985322499

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

On Leinster.

It might tell a story on the respective depth but both lineups will be missing many starters.

aloooof wrote: »
    But the internationals won't play for Leinster either.

And many of them haven’t played for them as they made their way to the top of the conference.

The Leinster starting team will be very similar to the one that started against Montpellier because a good few internationals are injured anyway, Lowe / Sexton / larmour.

For the first time ever I actually don’t want to see the internationals involved,
    Just play the majority of the sides that have played the league so far this season.

Let’s see the like of Coombes vs Ruddock. Casey vs Mcgrath. Healy vs Byrne. Shane Daly vs Keenan, JOD vs josh murphy, Wycherley vs Baird.

Both sides have been giving chances to new squad members. Let’s get a good hard thorough examination of where they are because the league hasn’t really done so yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

Best comeback story since Kim Kardashian

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭MaddChris

Squarewave wrote: »
    What-Chris-Pratt.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Squarewave wrote: »

Rocky IV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭almostover

Full match (English commentary/SD):

Full match (French commentary/HD)

Extended highlights (French commentary):

Final minute only (French commentary):

enjoy

You sir are a legend!

What a game! Tadgh Beirne was MoM for me. He was everywhere, took a lot of lineout ball and carried really strongly. What a 1st day out for Josh Wycherley too. There is a crop of confident, talented young players coming together. Really hope they can make this step up consistently and bring the team on to being serious contenders again. JJ played well but the 2 missed touches on another night could have been costly. The skillset and play looked better tonight. Nice hands in attack and some lovely lineout variations to setup scoring mauls. Perfect victory really, loads to work on from 1st 20mins but a huge night of cup rugby. Clermont will be sick, their discipline was atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭almostover

Tonight also reaffirmed for me the value in taking 3 points when they are on offer. Kept Munster in the game and moving forward on the scoreboard. Only at the end were the goal shots turned down when we had a numerical advantage. Need to see Ireland do more of this too. Allows a team hang in there when being outclassed. Too many times Ireland force going for 7 points when on the back foot up front. Often leading to a confidence boosting turnover for the opposition. You have to take cheap points when on offer. England won a world cup by doing so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Missed the game and just watched it back. 4 tries in 25 minutes. I thought Munster were on the end of a record hiding tbh. Fantastic come back to win that.

Advertisement