Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do dating 'leagues' exist?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Of course they exist. For example, I wouldn't have even considered dating the vast majority of the girls I went to secondary school with. Dating Josephine, a camogie player with huge thighs, wouldn't have even entered my mind. She wants a house just outside Ballygobackwards, a couple of freckle-faced children, and a solid job working in Galway in a medical device factory. My idea of hell. I'd also be far too good looking for her. Harsh, but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Maybe he cheers them up?

Maybe he does but he also bad mouths/slags them with obscene comments about their smell etc once they’ve left the shop. I’ve witnessed this.

He takes the p1ss out of everyone to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Of course they exist. For example, I wouldn't have even considered dating the vast majority of the girls I went to secondary school with. Dating Josephine, a camogie player with huge thighs, wouldn't have even entered my mind. She wants a house just outside Ballygobackwards, a couple of freckle-faced children, and a solid job working in Galway in a medical device factory. My idea of hell. I'd also be far too good looking for her. Harsh, but true.

Go away outta that you. You're from the "bog" , your options were limited to a knee trembler round the back of the community centre with a young one smelling of cow ****e while keeping one eye out for the lical priest and then if you got lucky a quick grope off young one attending a "Gaelteacht".

Go away outta that you. You're from the "bog" , your options were limited to a knee trembler round the back of the community centre with a young one smelling of cow ****e while keeping one eye out for the lical priest and then if you got lucky a quick grope off young one attending a "Gaelteacht".

Thread is polluted with conceited Walter Mitty types without a trace of humility, boasting about deeply unattractive traits. Dating leagues do not exist in the real world, only in the mind's eye of those at odds with it.

In my view they definitely exist. I was well out of my husband’s league when we met: I was incredibly beautiful back then and in amazing shape and he has always been a bit shlubby. He thought all his Christmasses had come at once when I asked him out. :D

I’m not the head turner I used to be (or I’m not perceived to be, that’s a topic for another day :rolleyes:) but I still look pretty good, and he’s not getting any better. So I’m still well out of my husband’s league and that’s despite the patriarchal consensus that women look worse as they get older (:rolleyes:) and men only get better. Not true!
    Augeo wrote: »
    But what else did you bring to the table? What were your earnings? What were his?
    How come you couldn't land someone in your own league?
    I don't like where your conversation is going.

Wealth is not something someone brings to the table.

It doesn't mean anything.

It doesn't count for anything.

Unless you are that way...

Money doesn't make a man any better than he is alone himself ...AND he KNOWS it doesnt ..unless he is a snob! And a fool

Same for women.

She reckons she's out of her husband's league..... And she reckons leagues exist. So what's the harm in asking why she didn't land someone in her league?

She's only mentioned looks.... Nothing else. I asked what else did she bring to the table. Earnings were a separate question.

If you go around claiming you are out if your partners league based on looks alone expect a few questions IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I rarely do more than skim over threads on this site, but the levels of delusion on display on this one really are incredible. There are hierarchies/levels in dating, as there are in most things in life. The 'Nice Guys' might like to think otherwise, but there are loads of women who will always be out of their reach.

I'm never going to date anyone who isn't educated to at least Masters level; I'm never going to date anyone who makes significantly less money than me; I'm never going to date someone with a neck tattoo or a nose piercing; I'm never going to date someone who thinks wearing a tracksuit is an acceptable fashion choice.

And there are lots of women who aren't going to date dweebish, unambitious, and deeply ordinary men - no matter how nice these lads think they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Augeo wrote: »
    She reckons she's out of her husband's league..... And she reckons leagues exist. So what's the harm in asking why she didn't land someone in her league?

She's only mentioned looks.... Nothing else. I asked what else did she bring to the table. Earnings were a separate question.

If you go around claiming you are out if your partners league based on looks alone expect a few questions IMO.

My family is independently wealthy so I wasn’t after his money if that’s what you’re insinuating.

I was attracted to him because 1. we’re in a similar social strata 2. it was time for me to settle down after my hedonistic 20s.

I have a type A personality so obviously I hate to marry someone I could dominate. I make no apologies about that, that’s just my type.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Thread is polluted with conceited Walter Mitty types without a trace of humility, boasting about deeply unattractive traits. Dating leagues do not exist in the real world, only in the mind's eye of those at odds with it.
    our own self esteem too

My family is independently wealthy

yahoo he your sugar baby! good fer him!

He nailed a looker with her own gold!

(I AM KIDDING )

Everyone takes things so literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

its all in the mind. you can attract who you want if you spend the time getting to know yourself

• Advertisement

maccored wrote: »
    its all in the mind. you can attract who you want if you spend the time getting to know yourself
    I don't think you can control who you attract.

It just happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I'm never going to date anyone who isn't educated to at least Masters level

Someone could have a masters and be at the bottom of the league due to been ignorant, ugly and socially arkward

i wanna date a russian guy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Anghus you would be surprised what goes on in the real world

• Registered Users Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

By all means have your clipboard ready to duly tick the boxes until all your criteria are met.

But, in reality, all you need is someone you find beguiling, who piques your interest and leaves you satisfied after you've knocked boots.

But, in reality, all you need is someone you find beguiling, who piques your interest and leaves you satisfied after you've knocked boots.
    How you doin! ;)

Im not beguiling this is my issue.

Greyfox wrote: »
    Someone could have a masters and be at the bottom of the league due to been ignorant, ugly and socially arkward

I've all that except the masters :D:/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

None of you people are dating now because of the restrictions

Well ......no need to rub it in our faces.... :mad:

My family is independently wealthy so I wasn’t after his money if that’s what you’re insinuating.

So he has a few quid.... Makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Esho

i wanna date a russian guy

If an unreconstructed sexist.and racist isn't your type, choose one of the good ones!

Esho wrote: »
    If an unreconstructed sexist.and racist isn't your type, choose one of the good ones!

Well OBV only one of the good ones! :pac:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

What restrictions

Irish_rat wrote: »
    What restrictions
    someone tell him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Well ......no need to rub it in our faces.... :mad:

Don't get angry with me. Take it up with NPHET

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

That’s it. He flirts with every woman he meets in the shop. I’ve seen him flirting with women in their 80s for god sake. “How are you?” “All the better for seeing you gorgeous”

Ah I wouldn't consider that flirting to be honest. Im a lad who worked on tills and deli and we'd always chat up the regulars. It was amusing for staff and customers, just trying to make the day go quicker

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Do people with 'types' and 'checklists' ever wonder why they are single?

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

How do you think prince philip got the gig?

He was penniless.

AND NO HE WAS NEVER GOOD LOOKING !

Prince Philip legitimised the Windsor line. His mother was born in Windsor castle and was the great granddaughter of Victoria.

Vestiapx wrote: »
    Prince Philip legitimised the Windsor line. His mother was born in Windsor castle and was the great granddaughter of Victoria.
    Well you live and learn.

He was a kind of out of the loop broke noble tho

• Advertisement

Do people with 'types' and 'checklists' ever wonder why they are single?
    if you are willing to date every tom ....you are going to end up with tom...or the female tom

Advertisement