Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else getting sick /bewildered at the big butt trend ?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

Lux23 wrote: »
    The amount of young lads that walk around where I live holding their dick in their hands is incredible. Sometimes they have two hands down the front of their jocks like they are juggling them or something.

I've seen them as well - usually in tracksuits, from a non-working class background. I don't think they are a very good example for anything concerning standards of respect :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

It's the influence of Amercian hip hop culture and their obsession with huge arses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

It's the influence of American hip hop culture and their obsession with huge arses.

Low-hanging fruit. Models were curvy long before the Kate-Moss era of beauty - Marilyn Monroe was a sex symbol and anyone would agree she was a curvy lady with a big arse.

Over the years there has been so much commentary about skinny models influencing women to become anorexic or bulimic. Now that it's in fashion to be healthy again you have people giving out about arses being too fat.

If you like a skinny or fat arse, whatever - but you're kidding yourselves if you're saying all these larger arses are all fake.

The women on this all sound as if they've lost a man to a Brazillian woman tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Where is the big butt thread?

Oh, the big butt trend! Soz.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Macu17ab wrote: »
    Low-hanging fruit. Models were curvy long before the Kate-Moss era of beauty - Marilyn Monroe was a sex symbol and anyone would agree she was a curvy lady with a big arse.
    Nope. A common enough belief that Monroe would be "plus sized" today, but wrong. I remember reading an article by some fashion writer whose name escapes who looked at some of her dresses that were coming up for auction and she couldn't believe how small she was and how tiny her waist was. She was an hourglass with a tiny frame.

1919144d8b08e90b8c95c0561d13ff94.jpg

And a huge arse she didn't have.

actress_marilyn_monroe_desktop_1098x1084_wallpaper-229059.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's the influence of Amercian hip hop culture and their obsession with huge arses.
    Well African American women are one of the heaviest of all demographics in the US. Something like 80% are defined as obese, so maybe that's what the guys in hip hop culture are used to so celebrate it?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Wibbs wrote: »
    Nope. A common enough belief that Monroe would be "plus sized" today, but wrong. I remember reading an article by some fashion writer whose name escapes who looked at some of her dresses that were coming up for auction and she couldn't believe how small she was and how tiny her waist was. She was an hourglass with a tiny frame.

And a huge arse she didn't have.

At her biggest she was a size 4 -6 in todays sizes, in the 50's a size 4 was a size 10 - 12. Vanity sizing was brought in in the 80's by retail companies.
    She was curvy but she was also tiny, her waist was measured at 22 inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Speak for yourself Macu - i'm Irish and i'm hung like a donkey:cool:

I'm actually hung like a stallion...............a stallion mouse. :( :mad: :(:o :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Marilyn was lovely though, (sigh)

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Marilyn was lovely though, (sigh)
    IMHO she looked better in her 30's than in her 20's. A hard trick to pull off.

Marilyn%2BMonroe%2Bin%2BGreen%2BTowel%2Bby%2BGeorge%2BBarris%2B(3).jpg

Never personally got the appeal of her tbh, I'd be more a Sophia Loren type. More Latin, less neurotic, more brains going on. Sad end for her though.

• Advertisement

IMHO she looked better in her 30's than in her 20's. A hard trick to pull off.

Marilyn%2BMonroe%2Bin%2BGreen%2BTowel%2Bby%2BGeorge%2BBarris%2B(3).jpg

Never personally got the appeal of her tbh, I'd be more a Sophia Loren type. More Latin, less neurotic, more brains going on. Sad end for her though.

Definitely would..

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

What kind of morons got influenced by that sh1te?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Weirdo..

Right back at ya

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

once went out with a woman who was what they call V shaped

very busty but arse like a man , no hips , its not a good look no matter how nice the boobs are

Well African American women are one of the heaviest of all demographics in the US. Something like 80% are defined as obese, so maybe that's what the guys in hip hop culture are used to so celebrate it?

Theres also the biological phenomenon of steatopygia, throw in the hyper sexuaiisation and objectification of black females in hip-hop, with possible selective breeding for a gene.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Hmmm...
    evolution-wise, these are deep waters.

The Steatopygy is typically found in desert peoples where there might be recurring food shortage: it enabled females to keep a supply of energy stored, in case they might be pregnant or feeding babies.

The wide shoulders, narrow hips look is what they call an Android pelvis - more like the male shape - unsuited for child-bearing and therefore less likely to attract male attention - because problematic for delivery.

But all populations need a wide range of attributes for best adaptation to changing circumstances. So we will see how this develops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭PopZiggy

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Hahha, I had written something like that but deleted. Mine are not that big at DD, but big enough compared to the rest of me and it is actually so weird when mid intense work conversation while you are looking for notes and files etc you find your colleague checking them out, then they see you have seen them do so, they look a bit watery eyed and embarrassed, but nonetheless without skipping a beat the show must go on as if you have not just clocked them absent-mindedly looking at your tits. It is not comfortable at all. Dressing is difficult too, high neck and it looks like you have an upholstered shelf on the front, low neck and it looks like you are on the game.

To be honest if you don't show them off the men will stop looking. Most women wear cleavage to garner attention. Judging by your posting history it would fit the bill. It is quite unusual to openly tell someone your breast size on the internet, for example. DD is considered big, if that's the affirmation you were looking for.

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Hmmm...
    evolution-wise, these are deep waters.

The Steatopygy is typically found in desert peoples where there might be recurring food shortage: it enabled females to keep a supply of energy stored, in case they might be pregnant or feeding babies.

But all populations need a wide range of attributes for best adaptation to changing circumstances. So we will see how this develops.

Its simply a genetic predisposition to having an accumulation of fatty tissue in the trunk in sub-sahara Africans. With any gene, if its part of a selectively preferred phenotype it should become more prevalent over time.
    Throw in crap high carb diets, I wonder is there a co-relation

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Nope. I can't help it that my best feature is my big butt and legs. So no as long as its natural I have no problem with it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Lux23 wrote: »
    The amount of young lads that walk around where I live holding their dick in their hands is incredible. Sometimes they have two hands down the front of their jocks like they are juggling them or something.

I've maybe seen that twice or three times in 30 odd years of living on this planet.

Meanwhile, virtually every girl of a certain age walks around with their camel toe clearly visible and, often times, what (if anything) they're wearing as underwear.

And most of the time, we're talking about girls who, while I don't find anything wrong with them as I like curvy girls, are technically obese.

• Advertisement
Advertisement