Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else getting sick /bewildered at the big butt trend ?

Options
  • 14-12-2020 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Just wondered, is anyone else getting a bit sick of the Big butt trend e.g. the likes of Kim Kardashian, well actually , all of the kardashians........Black China, Nicki Minaj etc etc.
    Will this silly trend lose its appeal? I mean how can these women sit comfortable/be comfortable? Its actually getting a bit disturbing now these days on instagram, young women constantly have their butts stuck out into the camera (over the shoulder look) , and im just looking at them like "are ye serious right now"?
    What is this ??!!!! Leave yer butts alone and settle down like ........:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I prefer the big aul juicy knockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

I think arses are getting bigger with every generation. I did the leaving cert in 2007 and I'm pretty sure girls didn't have donks like that back then.

I'm almost positive they didn't have them back in my parents generation either.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Fine if its natural but its all fake. Sick of it too. Wish they would all jog on. Fake and weird looking. They look so out of proportion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

A good strong arse is ok but the hefty ones are a bit of a turn off alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I prefer the big aul juicy knockers.

If you're into the real deal they usually come as a package. I have a vast behind and I can assure op it's very comfortable to sit on. As for the trends, at the end of the 19th century women wore bustles under their clothes ti make their asses look huge. In the 18th century they wore enormous panniers to give them wide hips. In the 1920s women strapped their breasts down to look flat chested. Trends in body shape will come and go and bodies will always be all shapes and sizes and change shape and size over lifetimes whether we follow the trends or not.

• Advertisement

A good strong arse is ok but the hefty ones are a bit of a turn off alright.

I love big curvy ones. Thankfully a lot of women who've clearly never exercised once in their lives wear leggings/yoga pants designed for active wear, so it's like heaven for me. A big arse shaking everywhere in leggings is hypnotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I can't help but think that it all started with a man being asked "Does my bum look big in this?" and him replying that he loves a big arse just to keep the peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I prefer a smaller arse myself, my wife's sweet little arse cheeks are the size of tennis balls. Makes my cock look huge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I like slender athletic women so no, I don't like big butts and I cannot lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I think arses are getting bigger with every generation. I did the leaving cert in 2007 and I'm pretty sure girls didn't have donks like that back then.

I'm almost positive they didn't have them back in my parents generation either.

I'm only 24 and it feels like just a few short years ago that being told your bum was big was an insult
    Now it's insulting to say somebody has a small or overly flat arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭buried

Wont be long now, plastic surgeons will be offering the chance for people to actually change their face into a huge arse instead. In fairness, looking at the majority of the faces they have scalpeled already, there's not a whole lot of options left.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Ideal for a good spanking. What could you not like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I like an arse thats a little bigger than normal. But the ones listed in the OP are way too big. I think firmness and being spherical is more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Henryq.

Convenience food is becoming the norm for lots of young people

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I'm only 24 and it feels like just a few short years ago that being told your bum was big was an insult
    Now it's insulting to say somebody has a small or overly flat arse

Well overly flat doesn't sound like much of a compliment to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,489 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

803768.jpg

Henryq. wrote: »
    Convenience food is becoming the norm for lots of young people

Leggings seem to get pulled up higher and higher and get tighter and tighter at the same time.

Entire arse usually on show with no attempt to cover any of it with a jacket/jumper.

Kind of reminds me of baboons.

Anyone watch Cow and Chicken when they were a child? Reminds me of The Red Guy from that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Trends in body shape will come and go and bodies will always be all shapes and sizes and change shape and size over lifetimes whether we follow the trends or not.
    100% on the varying trends. Trends in women's "ideal" changes remarkably rapidly compared to men's too. The 50's was the more pneumatic look, the 60's then went waif like, the 70's took that further, the 80's was leg focused, then you had the 90's where it was all about women with four packs, then we got the massive arses. Jennifer Lopez was about the first of the arse focussed women and much was written about it, but she wouldn't get in the door today on that score.

Jennifer Lopez. Earlier. Not having a big arse at all.

Showing the four pack popular then of course.

Though our bodies are changing too for all sorts of reasons; diet, health, maybe even hormone mimics in the environment. People are bigger overall for a start. Go back even 50 years and the average person was smaller framed. There have been a few studies looking into this using clothes sizing records going back to the 1900's and even beyond. They noted not just size either but shape too. In women the hourglass shape was much more common at all sizes in the past than it is today where pear and straight up and down is more common. Breasts have gotten bigger too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

More a boob man myself but I like a shapely bum too.

I can't for the life of me understand why men would appreciate the Kardshian ones implanted arse but to each their own.

Wibbs wrote: »
    100% on the varying trends. Trends in women's "ideal" changes remarkably rapidly compared to men's too. /quote]

Personally , I'd like to see coloured hosiery and knee length trousers return for men. I like a nice bit of leg brightly and tightly clad. The cod piece would be welcomed by me as well. Men's clothes aren't very sexual at all unlike they used to be.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    100% on the varying trends. Trends in women's "ideal" changes remarkably rapidly compared to men's too. /quote]

Personally , I'd like to see coloured hosiery and knee length trousers return for men. I like a nice bit of leg brightly and tightly clad. The cod piece would be welcomed by me as well. Men's clothes aren't very sexual at all unlike they used to be.

And powdered wigs
    None of this fade nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

And powdered wigs

The return of the Fops and Dandies. I'm investing in lead based face paint right away

And powdered wigs

Long hair anyway. Long hair, velvet puffy breeches and scarlet hose with a frilly shirt open to the midriff. A jewel encrusted cod piece to pull it all together (ahem) . I feel a search for period dramas on Netflix will keep me occupied this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

Just wondered, is anyone else getting a bit sick of the Big butt trend e.g. the likes of Kim Kardashian, well actually , all of the kardashians........Black China, Nicki Minaj etc etc.
    Will this silly trend lose its appeal? I mean how can these women sit comfortable/be comfortable? Its actually getting a bit disturbing now these days on instagram, young women constantly have their butts stuck out into the camera (over the shoulder look) , and im just looking at them like "are ye serious right now"?
    What is this ??!!!! Leave yer butts alone and settle down like ........:eek:
    Agree with you lillycakes2. I also remember if you had the big lips some years ago you would be called rubber lips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Henryq.

The "Big Butt Trend"

Is that a thing or a new phrase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭PopZiggy

US2 wrote: »
    I prefer a smaller arse myself, my wife's sweet little arse cheeks are the size of tennis balls. Makes my cock look huge :)

Jesus, I hope she is of age

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

These trends always come and go in cycles, the shape that's idolized now is similar to the over exaggerated curvy S shape of the mid to late 1800's.
    Im just waiting for the 1920's body shape to come back into fashion so I can finally feel 'normal'!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

Here's me head, me arse is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Mine is perfect, just as it is. 10/10!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Long hair anyway. Long hair, velvet puffy breeches and scarlet hose with a frilly shirt open to the midriff. A jewel encrusted cod piece to pull it all together (ahem) . I feel a search for period dramas on Netflix will keep me occupied this evening.

Wish you were in Tesco with me yesterday afternoon. I have gotten so used to lard arses in gynaecological leggings on women that they hardly make me notice anymore unless the cleft is spectacularly cleaven and somehow close up to me, but this tall and very handsome young chap glided up the aisle towards me, reached in gracefully above a bent down old lady for his product and then almost pirouetted into a flowing retreat. He was wearing the tightest thinnest pair of light-coloured jogging bottoms I have ever seen, more a set of ballet tights, and oh my god he had an amazing and reasonably hefty sized arse, though not disproportionate to his awesome and very toned thighs. For a minute I felt a bit shaken, I tell you. Would have been good to have a hand to clutch and an appreciative comrade to make the wide eyed ooooh face with!

Advertisement