Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female Gaa Commentators / Analysists

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

doc_17 wrote: »
    I don’t want to hear from people who haven’t played in the all Ireland men’s championship. Likewise, I don’t want to hear from men who haven’t played the ladies game. Colm O’Rourke is obsolete. Cora Staunton is a cliche machine. Tomas “lookit d’know” O’Shea is grand. I miss Brolly. I am watching the game, I know what’s happening. But Brolly makes haf-time pass quicker, winding up Spillane and O’Rourke.

The game of football Cora Staunton plays is way closer to Men's football than the game Pat Spillane played but truth is most of them are pretty bad and the only ones worth listening too are the people who retired in the last few years or managed very recently and played or worked directly with the players on the pitch. Some of the Sunday Game hurling pundits are good in that respect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭doc_17

I disagree why should you have to have played in the the All Ireland Men's championship to analyse/commentate on it? The key to being a good analyst or commentator is knowledge of the game, ability to make incisive coherent points and explain nuances to the listener/watcher at home.

Arsene Wenger Brian Kerr, and Jose Mourinho never played soccer at a very high level yet people have no problem listening to them talk about Champions League or International soccer.

As for Brolly he turned himself into 'pantomime Joe' he has admitted himself he just says things for the craic, for a wind up. Is that an analysts job or just bar stool fella in the pub stuff?

Brian Kerr? Ah go away will ya! Malogen!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭doc_17

breezy1985 wrote: »
    The game of football Cora Staunton plays is way closer to Men's football than the game Pat Spillane played but truth is most of them are pretty bad and the only ones worth listening too are the people who retired in the last few years or managed very recently and played or worked directly with the players on the pitch. Some of the Sunday Game hurling pundits are good in that respect

Cora Staunton spits out words that sound fine but never gives any insight. I’d rather watch it on mute.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

doc_17 wrote: »
    Cora Staunton spits out words that sound fine but never gives any insight. I’d rather watch it on mute.

You could say that about most of them. Nothing but cliche soundbites in the football analysis

Advertisement