Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AirPods Max

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

yeah - pricing is bonkers but i don't normally pay full whack for any of my tech due to work ... but with lockdown savings I just pulled the trigger on these.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I've had mine for a few months and i love them! The sound is great, as for bluetooth, it's as good as you can get, IMO!

can easily wear them for hours and hours without feeling any fatigue from wearing them which is nice.

unfortunately, i do suffer from the condensation problem, which is a bit of shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

whippet wrote: »
    yeah - pricing is bonkers but i don't normally pay full whack for any of my tech due to work ... but with lockdown savings I just pulled the trigger on these.

Have you used the Airpods with any Atmos movies on iTunes or a streaming service? Or used them with AppleTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

Have you used the Airpods with any Atmos movies on iTunes or a streaming service? Or used them with AppleTV?

I haven’t yet !! Haven’t had the need to - watching anything on Netflix will be done on my tv at home with the surround sound so wearing headphones doesn’t come in to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Forgot to post here - Vodafone were selling the Airpods Max through their accessories page recently at 20% off - €495

https://www.vodafonefaf.ie/collections/audio/products/apple-airpods-max-black

Use code VFFANTASTIC at checkout. Also other Airpods and everything on that site is 20% off with that code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

rizzee wrote: »
    Forgot to post here - Vodafone were selling the Airpods Max through their accessories page recently at 20% off - €495

https://www.vodafonefaf.ie/collections/audio/products/apple-airpods-max-black

Use code VFFANTASTIC at checkout. Also other Airpods and everything on that site is 20% off with that code.

The discount code works for all Max colours, not just the black at the link.

Any idea where they will be dispatched from and what delivery service Vodafone uses?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Any idea where they will be dispatched from and what delivery service Vodafone uses?

I got a 4 pack of AirTags from them last week using the same discount code. Ordered late on the 15th, arrived on the 19th. An Post delivered, shipped from Dublin.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I got a 4 pack of AirTags from them last week using the same discount code. Ordered late on the 15th, arrived on the 19th. An Post delivered, shipped from Dublin.

Damn, no 4 packs listed anymore! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

eeloe wrote: »
    Damn, no 4 packs listed anymore! :(

Email them and see if they are getting more in - there is an email address on the website. That 20% off expires at the end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

there is a firmware update 3E756 out today
    not a clue whats on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Sorry to pull up an old thread. Is there anywhere to test these in store in Dublin? I’m in the market for new headphones but would like to hear them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Just a heads up the above Vodafone discount still works. Ordered a pair for €479 which is the best price I've seen. Arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

soundwise I found them exceptional..I use mine for music and for watching tv/movies at night and they are brilliant.

What I don't like about them is the weight and that they press into your head...I'm so used to light earphones that I hate wearing heavy ones.

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Have you ever owned any of the Bose headphones, qc35s or 700s? Curious how they compare.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I have a set of Q35's and I tried a set of these Airpods Max over in London over the weekend, they are definitely heavier than the Bose one and I really wasnt wearing them for long enough to determine how much harder they pressed against my head, they did seem like they were tighter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

no..but I've used their ear pods etc. On my pc I use dt990d pro (250ohm) version through an audio face as I play my guitar through it and these headphones are incredible with a wide range of sounds...Pugb sounds incredible on it as I noticed sounds I never heard before ie raindrops on metal roofs etc.

Likewise with the airpods...I was listening to scrubs and there's a baby crying in the intro I think it was and I have never heard that before on airpods pro ..i was full sure it was next doors baby.

I just wish they were lighter..after a day of wearing headphones during work for meetings etc the last thing I need is a heavy pair for relaxing at nighttime.

Maybe they should a titanium version :D

My fat head probably doesn't help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Dragging this up, I tried out the AirPods Max over the weekend and have decided to buy a pair, anyone know of any offers available similar to the Vodafone one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Argos had the pink version for €315 recently. But seems the listing is gone from the site. Worth keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I can’t get through a TV episode, let alone a movie, because I have to keep taking my AirPods Max off because my head starts sweating.

Is this happening to anybody else?

Advertisement