Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Jeez man you’re being pedantic as f*ck here.

A law was brought in to stop short term offers and shops just made their offers slightly longer.

It might not be the exact definition of a loophole but you know what posters are getting at when they refer to it as such.

The morale of the story is: people were worried that booze offers would be restricted going forward and are now happy that shops have found a workaround

Firstly it’s not being pedantic, I’m just stating the facts.
    Secondly, the law was really feck all to do with short term offers.
    If the government thought that shops would “find a workaround” of 3 day offers, they would have made the law a month. A 4 day offer is basically no different. Saying that shops have been so ingenious that they found a loophole is..........well it’s not exactly brain box material!

It was all about vouchers and ultimately booze costing more.

So I saw above that Tesco have a bottle of JD for €20 now. This price was available for basically the whole of December and while it’s good, back then you could use a voucher, so the real price was €16.

So yea, booze offers are still restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Jaysus would yis just stick up the booze offers and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Earendil wrote: »
    Jaysus would yis just stick up the booze offers and leave it at that.

Yes we are here for the cheap booze prices :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SkatesOn

dodzy wrote: »
    Who gives a shîte. Seriously, what compels people to talk so much crap on threads, incessant debating on this and that, lending SFA to the content.

Anyone spot Bud slabs on their travels for less than €27 ?

Is there someone doing them for €27?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

SkatesOn wrote: »

Aldi do

Also have 8 x 500ml Guinness cans for €10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,282 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Carlsberg, Heineken and Guinness are €26 in Tesco if any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

Are they 500ml guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

phester28 wrote: »
    Are they 500ml guinness

In tesco, yes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

phester28 wrote: »
    Are they 500ml guinness

26€ per slab of 500ml. Until 21/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Lidl wine offers.
    Soave down from €5.89 to €4.89, Prosecco Spumante down from €12.77 to €9.99.
    Seems to be popular as little or no stock left in the Lidl stores I was in today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭sully123

Bockles a whiskey €20 in tesco.
    Jameson, JD, Bush, Powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

sully123 wrote: »
    Bockles a whiskey €20 in tesco.
    Jameson, JD, Bush, Powers.

Dunnes doing the same for Jameson, Bush, Powers, Paddys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Makers Mark bourbon is down to €35 I think it was I paid in Tesco.

Gave it a go tonight. It’s nice. Not sure I’d pay more than that for a bottle but decent value at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

tennis12 wrote: »
    Aldi do Wil be very lucky to find as none in EW or Coolock

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Got the last 2 bottles of Ha’penny in Wilton the other day.

Had a few last night. Very sharp taste initially but once you get over the initial jolt it’s quite nice. Only drawback is i had crazy carpet mouth after it in the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SkatesOn

bot43 wrote: »
    Got the last 2 bottles of Ha’penny in Wilton the other day.

Had a few last night. Very sharp taste initially but once you get over the initial jolt it’s quite nice. Only drawback is i had crazy carpet mouth after it in the night.

So in summary, besides the initial very sharp taste and the carpet mouth after taste, it's quite nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

Makers Mark bourbon is down to €35 I think it was I paid in Tesco.

Gave it a go tonight. It’s nice. Not sure I’d pay more than that for a bottle but decent value at that price.

Sorry to add chat - but if Makers was priced at like €27 it'd end up in my trolley more often. Even on sale €35 feels like a bit much for me and it's normal price of like €45 is a no no

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

So in summary, besides the initial very sharp taste and the carpet mouth after taste, it's quite nice?

Sharp isn’t a bad thing

mamaz wrote: »
    Sorry to add chat - but if Makers was priced at like €27 it'd end up in my trolley more often. Even on sale €35 feels like a bit much for me and it's normal price of like €45 is a no no

I think it’s a 35 dollar bottle in America so yeah €45 is overpriced.

€27 it’d be a constant in my trolley too. Doubt that’ll happen though.

I tried Buffalo Trace last night too which is on sale for €35 ish in SuperValu at the moment. A lot more mellow but with nice flavours going on. A nice contrasting dram to Mark.

After my youth drinking JD it’s nice to see there are nicer bourbons that don’t need to be mixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,483 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl app on 25/02
    have e2 off the Chile Merlot Reserva Privada 12.5%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

After my youth drinking JD it’s nice to see there are nicer bourbons that don’t need to be mixed.

Sometimes you can get the likes of Eagle Rare and Woodford Reserve for about €40 at times in O'Brien's. I would rate both of them a good bit higher than Maker's Mark or Buffalo Trace. Well worth a go.

Sometimes you can get the likes of Eagle Rare and Woodford Reserve for about €40 at times in O'Brien's. I would rate both of them a good bit higher than Maker's Mark or Buffalo Trace. Well worth a go.

I’ve had Woodford. Bit less flavour than Buffalo Trace imo.

Haven’t had Eagle Rare. Will keep an eye out. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

Will keep an eye out for Eagle Rare - cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Anyone spotted any supermarkets selling Murphys? Haven't seen them anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Dunes stores in Blackpool and I’ve seen them in Tesco aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Tesco stock a 6 pack of it , expensive though , think it’s around 14 to 15 euro .

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Tesco stock a 6 pack of it , expensive though , think it’s around 14 to 15 euro .

Saw beamish in Dunnes the other day for €2 a can roughly as well which similarly to Murphys I’d probably prefer to Guinness but with a slab of Guinness going for only €24 why the hell would ya buy anything else right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Common mistake but JD is not a bourbon.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Common mistake but JD is not a bourbon.

aha we have a whisk(e)y nerd amongst us. In a bargain alerts section of all places.

I absolutely did not make a mistake calling JD a bourbon. Tennessee whisky, bourbon, fcukin tomato tomato. All marketing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

aha we have a whisk(e)y nerd amongst us. In a bargain alerts section of all places.

I absolutely did not make a mistake calling JD a bourbon. Tennessee whisky, bourbon, fcukin tomato tomato. All marketing.

Jack Daniel's is not a bourbon - it's a Tennessee Whiskey

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ALeKk01T8ZH3l752Yt1Po8d9yBcWN39zDQ:1613947106242&q=Is+Jack+Daniels+a+whiskey+or+a+bourbon%3F&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjVqdC_hfzuAhX3aRUIHYZ_DU0Qzmd6BAgSEAU&biw=1366&bih=637

Advertisement