Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

05rblake wrote:
    I rang DID in Bandon, they are getting stock (not in the shop yet). The guy said they don't take payment over the phone but put my name down for one and said they'd give me a call back when it's in the shop. He didn't mention anything about a bundle

popsy09 wrote:
    Just got one bandon , the relief

Did you ring or walk in?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hashtonic

I think that's the one i got. She just said a game, I didn't care tbh.

Anyone wanna buy demon souls haha

Hahahaah nah I’ve been waiting to play that so win win. We get an extra controller too,

I think anyone who didn’t get one this morning, smyths 9-11 tonight is your best bet 25th has been rumoured for a while. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RigAdam123

recyclops wrote: »
    as its all sold separately i wonder can you just give the controller and game back for a refund in the store

On the receipt I got they have Demon souls for 2 euro and then the controller and ps5 for like 325 each. So probably wouldn't allow it

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

Just got off the phone to DID and they got 5 per store.
    €650 with a game and a controller? Disc version! Is it worth going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

hashtonic wrote: »
    Hahahaah nah I’ve been waiting to play that so win win. We get an extra controller too,

I think anyone who didn’t get one this morning, smyths 9-11 tonight is your best bet 25th has been rumoured for a while. Good luck!

I'll be panic refreshing Smyths all day now, cheers. If they drop and I miss out I might just unfollow all the stock drop stuff and wait until there's a reliable supply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Ahhhh booourns I walk away get caught up in meetings and I miss out :(
    So all gone from DID?
    Was it just call up and place order?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CylonXIII

Managed to order the 4th one in DID Sundrive. Couldn’t have been a nicer bunch, had to physically race down to pay for it in store. They said it was first come first served in store and that they weren’t taking payments over the phone. Saw another guy going in after me I’d say he was lined up for the 5th one.

Thank god that’s over after two months! Thanks to CylonXIII for the tip off!

No worries at all, after being in the same boat for the last two months I couldn't leave the boards thread if I got some information

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

BWSGibbs wrote: »
    Just got off the phone to DID and they got 5 per store.
    €650 with a game and a controller? Disc version! Is it worth going for?

its what stopped me trying, forcing bundles is scummy

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pomberg77

iamrnjn wrote: »
    And did you get an email confirmation from Mountjoy store ?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Manager In bandon said please go on boards and tell them all of the stock is gone we are constantly answering phone ha ha

In stock Friday in cork Dublin Wednesday I was told

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 stalking_zebra

I got one for collection on Wednesday/Thursday in the Swords branch. I had to go in store, they wouldn't take any money over the phone. The lad working there said it was the last one they had to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamrnjn

I mean its not bad. You would always need an extra controller plus considering PS5 right now has only two native games - Spider man or Demons soul (you would end up buying one). At this time where the supply is not even 1% of the demand, I would say its a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Personally a bundle like this would suit me! I need the extra controller and a game is a bonus not ideal as I have both spidermans on the ps4 but demon souls I might go for!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 steveasdf

I mean its not bad. You would always need an extra controller plus considering PS5 right now has only two native games - Spider man or Demons soul (you would end up buying one). At this time where the supply is not even 1% of the demand, I would say its a good deal

Spider-Man is very poor value for a bundle though, it’s like 5 hours long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

It's still not ideal though. Imagine the kid promised one for Christmas and has 500 quid set aside by the parents to get one. Rules them out of the chance of one instantly.

Seems like it's a case of DID having brought in the stock everyone could get (controllers, games, camera, etc...) and not seeing it shift due to the fact no one can get the console, so might as well shift some of it with the consoles as they know it's a given due to people wanting them so badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

if Sony had any cop on they would be flooding the market with Digital consoles as it ties people in to purchasing games from them and obliterates the second hand market.

But judging by how this is being handle Sony have no cop on at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

if Sony had any cop on they would be flooding the market with Digital consoles as it ties people in to purchasing games from them and obliterates the second hand market.

But judging by how this is being handle Sony have no cop on at all.

Sony are caught in the eye of a storm in terms of covid, decreased production and transport logistics being screwed up so I'd give them a bit of a pass in that regards. There's obviously way more demand for the disk version than the digital version. Must people on here are looking for the former and I know myself I won't settle for a digital version because I want the option of hunting around for better prices.

popsy09 wrote: »
    Manager In bandon said please go on boards and tell them all of the stock is gone we are constantly answering phone ha ha

In stock Friday in cork Dublin Wednesday I was told

Woman who ansered the phone in Tallaght was really friendly, really apologetic that they were all out, she feels bad for everyone disappointed, try another store and you might get lucky!

Guy on the phone in Sundrive sounded like this was the worst day he's had in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tfr_epos

All of the Dublin stores are sold out now - was in the Sundrive one earlier and they weren't too happy about the situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rcartero

B8ZZ wrote: »
    Clonmel has nothing, ran up twice, nothing, got a mate to go in, nothing there, not this week either

I rang Tullamore and they didn't have a clue, then Athlone and they told me everything is online only.

Then I rang Clonmel and was told that they are getting a 'handful' but if I wanted one I would have to come into the store to order. I decided not to since its a little too far away and I don't want the bundle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Gaffer8

That was a morning worth staying up for after a 12hr night shift... DID Navan pulled through for me !! Chuffed !! My hunt is finally coming to an end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gabe_dublin

Thank you fellow boarders! I managed to get mine in DID Finglas!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Das89

@Gaffer8 Did they have many left mate? Or did they mention?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cdurham20

Thank you fellow boarders! I managed to get mine in DID Finglas!

They said they've none left now

people selling the did bundle on FB for 900 :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,262 ✭✭✭facehugger99

While it might be difficult to explain to a 8 year old why Santa didn't have one for under the tree, I don't understand why anyone would pay over the odds for a PS5 at the end of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I hope they die screaming. No time for scum like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vinny33

wahoo, great news that some people got their PS5 today, hold tight everyone, we'll see more arriving soon.

HN, Smyths, Argos haven't done anything yet so lets keep our eyes open for everyone else. sorry this post isn't stock related, hopefully you don't mind me showing my excitement at people getting their PS5's :D:D:D

Whatever about Smyths, but I would wonder whether Argos just shifted all the stock in the UK stores rather than allocating any to Ireland? They're not selling anything deemed 'non essential' even online, that's not really likely to change for a while and the Irish site is a messed compared to the UK one. I'm sure it would make more sense for them to just shunt the whole lot out on the better resourced site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

I got one in DID. Thanks to all your help on here. I paid €649 for 2 controllers and a game. Disc version. I needed a second controller so it worked out ok for me. When I was inside the store the phone was hopping like mad. Only 5 per store and getting delivery in Friday. Pay today and have to pay instore.

Advertisement