Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

BWSGibbs wrote: »
    I got one in DID. Thanks to all your help on here. I paid €649 for 2 controllers and a game. Disc version. I needed a second controller so it worked out ok for me. When I was inside the store the phone was hopping like mad. Only 5 per store and getting delivery in Friday. Pay today and have to pay instore.

Hi - thanks for the update, can you tell me your process in terms of how you managed to secure one ?
    Did you ring the store first to check/book ?
    Or did you literally walk in and ask for one ?
    I understand you had to pay in store but I'm curious as to how you managed to secure one after learning on here that they had some in stock.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

BWSGibbs wrote: »
    I got one in DID. Thanks to all your help on here. I paid €649 for 2 controllers and a game. Disc version. I needed a second controller so it worked out ok for me. When I was inside the store the phone was hopping like mad. Only 5 per store and getting delivery in Friday. Pay today and have to pay instore.

Yep, I'm the same. Restrictions be damned, I wasn't missing out on this.

Sodmuffin wrote: »
    Nothing that I can see yet.

Was actually €520 that went through my revolut not the 533 on the confirmation email

hey, what is the delivery date for this? assuming you are in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭BWSGibbs

claiva wrote: »
    Hi - thanks for the update, can you tell me your process in terms of how you managed to secure one ?
    Did you ring the store first to check/book ?
    Or did you literally walk in and ask for one ?
    I understand you had to pay in store but I'm curious as to how you managed to secure one after learning on here that they had some in stock.
    thanks
    Hey buddy what the crack?
    Wel when I saw ye all talking about DID. I never heard of them so I googled them and check what was the closest store to me. (Living in Limerick, Clonmel was the closest). So I rang them and got lucky to get threw very early to a very helpful woman who put me down on a list of only 5 that were coming into store.
    I explained that I was travelling from Limerick so would there 100% be one and she said 100% there will be. We only got 5 per store and I was the 4th on the list.
    Said **** it and went down and paid it off.
    Manager and staff said the phones were none stop all morning and that they hope more will come in cause it’s very unfair on people looking for them.
    I’ll be notified by text when mine will be in (Friday). Got extremely lucky to say the least. DID staff seemed to be very friendly and glad I got one from them.

Staff member said more should be popping up online. But only 5 per store. 1 per customer card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Sodmuffin

hey, what is the delivery date for this? assuming you are in ireland?

5th Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

Good to see so many get sorted. With DID and Amazon today and currys last week that's a few hundred people less on the hunt. Smyths still haven't changed there disc page so it still says January 2021 so hopefully they drop by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Got an email from Gamestop at 17:25 with code and link to order my PS5.

Expected ship date of Jan 28th-Feb 1st!

jenno86 wrote: »

that's great. can i ask what date you pre ordered??

What date did u pre order it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

that's great. can i ask what date you pre ordered??

Sept 17th at 5:37am!

Sept 17th at 5:37am!

i ordered same day....fingers crossed now, did your order change last week to 31/03 though?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jenpenjelly

Got the same email from GameStop, ordered and paid and they just cancelled it... Has this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just back from paying off my console in DID terryland, the girl behind the counter said there's a possibility it will be in store on Thursday. Delighted to have got it sorted FINALLY.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Just been keeping an eye on GameStop, so what people are telling me:

People who preordered 17th September and 18th have gotten emails so far (haven’t heard any other dates)
    Plenty of anxious people who preordered 17th therefore currently checking their mail hoping they get something.
    Mix of people who paid in full and paid deposits.
    As of now (19:08) people are still getting emails.

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Got both DID Terryland €650 (which i never really wanted) and the DID €500 online.

Got my online accepted before 6pm so I will be cancelling my click & collect Galway if anyone is interested.

lemonkey wrote: »
    Got both DID Terryland €650 (which i never really wanted) and the DID €500 online.

Got my online accepted before 6pm so I will be cancelling my click & collect Galway if anyone is interested.

Hi I’ve a friend in Galway who wants one can I get you in contact with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jerryor

Preorder done in Gamestop on 17th September in-store and I received my email today to get the console this week from 28th! Happy days!!

Hi I’ve a friend in Galway who wants one can I get you in contact with him?

I'm not selling it or anything, ill just let someone know when I'm cancelling it so they can ring straight after and buy it for themselves.

Each DID store got 5 bundles each you see. They won't be sold online so when I cancel mine they'll still receive it in store either way.

I'm not selling it or anything, ill just let someone know when I'm cancelling it so they can ring straight after and buy it for themselves.

Each DID store got 5 bundles each you see. They won't be sold online so when I cancel mine they'll still receive it in store either way.

Oh okay but given that your guaranteed it could you not just pass it on to someone who genuinely wants it or sell at cost price to them? Like if you’re gonna let them know you’re cancelling anyway?

Either way, can I get you in contact with some based in Galway who would want one? He would take the bundle like or the console.
    Hoping it will bring me some karma ha...I’ve sent you a PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 djbergin

Yeah I’d definitely be interested. I can PM you to arrange the calls if that works for you?

Oh okay but given that your guaranteed it could you not just pass it on to someone who genuinely wants it or sell at cost price to them? Like if you’re gonna let them know you’re cancelling anyway?

Either way, can I get you in contact with some based in Galway who would want one? He would take the bundle like or the console.
    Hoping it will bring me some karma ha...I’ve sent you a PM

You were the first to ask so sure but sorry man I'm not driving to Galway city (45 min drive each way) to collect something I plan on cancelling just to meet some lad who will probably pay me cash!

I can PM you when I cancel it and you let him know then.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jsman11

When did they come online?

You were the first to ask so sure but sorry man I'm not driving to Galway city (45 min drive each way) to collect something I plan on cancelling just to meet some lad who will probably pay me cash!

I can PM you when I cancel it and you let him know then.

Ah very sorry my dude! I wrongly thought you were based in Galway! My apologies, that’s fair enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Just been keeping an eye on GameStop, so what people are telling me:

People who preordered 17th September and 18th have gotten emails so far (haven’t heard any other dates)
    Plenty of anxious people who preordered 17th therefore currently checking their mail hoping they get something.
    Mix of people who paid in full and paid deposits.
    As of now (19:08) people are still getting emails.

Fingers crossed!

I preordered 17th 12 pm, nothing so far...

Ah very sorry my dude! I wrongly thought you were based in Galway! My apologies, that’s fair enough :)

Not to worry lad. Will the PM suffice?

You've first refusal as you asked first.

Jsman11 wrote: »
    When did they come online?

11.08 through a link that could only be accessed through the Wish List. Lasted 10 mins.

Invoice and order confirmation email came straight away but wasn't "Accepted" until 6pm.

Not to worry lad. Will the PM suffice?

You've first refusal as you asked first.

I don’t mind...would you rather deal with my friend personally and drop him a text or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Jsman11 wrote: »
    Good to see so many get sorted. With DID and Amazon today and currys last week that's a few hundred people less on the hunt. Smyths still haven't changed there disc page so it still says January 2021 so hopefully they drop by the end of the week.

I’d be amazed if many got any from AMZ today . I was on Amazon UK within 5 seconds of getting notification and was all gone. That was first time I wasn’t even able to add to basket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Pomberg77

Does anyone know if the DID bundle has to be demons souls? I'd much prefer the new spiderman

Advertisement