Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

10 VW Polo - timing chain stretched

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭User1998

User1998 wrote: »
    OP I bought a 2010 Polo with 110k miles for €1,300 with the same issue as yours. I bought a replacement 2012 engine with 50k miles for €900 and had it fitted for €300. I also put a new timing chain on the replacement engine and changed the oil, the mechanic didn’t charge me for labour for that because the engine was already out of the car, so that was another €250 for parts I think. So about €1,500 or so all in.

OP this is still your best option

• Registered Users Posts: 30 wholesome19

User1998 wrote: »
    OP this is still your best option

The independent mechanic has quoted me something similar - but a 10 engine, so think your right - thinks it's the best option & new timing chain on it.

Thanks so much!

Advertisement