Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madness of the last nine months

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Bill Gates Foundation of he has the power and wants to keep the world population down bellow 7 billion....

Also has huge pull in who and vaccine.... Why has he been allowed so much power?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,019 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Fear mongering BS that's what it means yes I fully understand.

You clearly dont though

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,019 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Bill Gates Foundation of he has the power and wants to keep the world population down bellow 7 billion....

Also has huge pull in who and vaccine.... Why has he been allowed so much power?

You might be looking at the wrong forum

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

People going from being virus experts to US election and constitution experts overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

It will go on for as long as people let it. Those that adhere to the guidelines that change every 5 minutes aren't looking at those in Government golfgate or those in RTE (staff parties).

It really is insane. That lunatic Luke O Neill saying people need to bring their own dishes at Christmas and stick Grandpa by a window so presumably he dies of pneumonia and not to pass gravy.

Seriously anyone going along with this shyte now is hoodwinked beyond belief. The guidelines are nonsense and not adhered to for even one second by the people ramming it down your throat.

It's time to live. What's the point in being alive if you merely exist? Hell people in prison aren't treated with such contempt as us now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Stupidity is stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I feel it is about time a politician campaigning on an anti social media platform runs for election to challenge data protection and the regulatory environs in which some of these companies exist.

The dangers have been very evident in the past few years.

How do you break the stranglehold tho?

The politicians rely on these platforms, so barely even see the danger, never mind being able to even exist without them.

ElJeffe wrote: »
    How selfish and self centred a lot of Irish people are.

People using mental health as a free for all excuse to do as they please.

It really is a being a cnut twice over - once for not bothering to wear a mask and the secondly adding to the stigma associated with mental health making it more difficult for those with genuine mental health problems (i.e. increasing the likelihood of being called out in public for not masking etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

biko wrote: »
    People going from being virus experts to US election and constitution experts overnight.

I grew up with the philosophy that you shouldn't talk about anything with confidence unless you've done your home work. Sadly, most people don't live by the same philosophy. They read headlines, conclusions to studies, and treat these things as hardcore facts without ever even understanding how these "facts" were reached.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

He hasn't. I'm sorry - but it really is conspiracy theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

biko wrote: »

He has to win Arizona !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

It will go on for as long as people let it. Those that adhere to the guidelines that change every 5 minutes aren't looking at those in Government golfgate or those in RTE (staff parties).

It really is insane. That lunatic Luke O Neill saying people need to bring their own dishes at Christmas and stick Grandpa by a window so presumably he dies of pneumonia and not to pass gravy.

Seriously anyone going along with this shyte now is hoodwinked beyond belief. The guidelines are nonsense and not adhered to for even one second by the people ramming it down your throat.

It's time to live. What's the point in being alive if you merely exist? Hell people in prison aren't treated with such contempt as us now.

I suppose you're mad as hell and not going to take it anymore?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

spook_cook wrote: »
    The rise, fall and rise of masks in 2020 has been something. They don't work, don't buy one. Also we're desperate for this Aer Lingus flight to bring some from China. Oh thank God we have them! Oh but they don't fit... Also general public not wearing them for a good three months of the height of the pandemic. But then they were announced to work, so we all put one on while shopping but threw distancing out the window. Having a jumper pulled over your face allows protection for when leaning over someone in the frozen isle to get your precious fishfingers.

We do know about weight and its relation to corona... has there been the slightest effort over the past nine months to get the country's lard-arses in shape?

Fat shaming today are we?

Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Yeah, coz Bill Gates really wants to know what time you take a sh!t and what days you take your bins out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Learning how many of my fellow Irish people can't be trusted to do the right thing in times of crisis.

yes it was shocking to see how people turned on their own and feed into the whole state apparatus.

Same people rejected any comparison to the Stasi while (again) ringing the garda or posting on the local facebook page shaming people who did things they didn't approve of

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

People on social media being called pseudoscientists by the same people who allow pubs to open provided they serve patrons a €9 meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

The hyperbole of whiney boys who try to mask their weakness with macho hubris. Can't wear a mask, can't not get pissed in the pub, can't be conscious of their responsibility. Weak people, bitching and moaning endlessly, thats all I see in 2020. People always looking for the easy way out and the solution of least resistance for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Arghus wrote: »
    Yes, a worst case scenario.

Do you understand what worst case scenario means?

2000 have died - allegedly from COVID - which means the death toll nationally is 0.03 percent.

We face hundreds of thousands unemployed and potentially homelessness in the tens of thousands a cataclysm for small businesses and tens of billions of debt.

paw patrol wrote: »
    yes it was shocking to see how people turned on their own and feed into the whole state apparatus.

Same people rejected any comparison to the Stasi while (again) ringing the garda or posting on the local facebook page shaming people who did things they didn't approve of

Let's be absolutely crystal clear. Fighting a pandemic is completely, totally and utterly different to political oppression.

Great for reinforcing who the numpties are. Both on boards and in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

More will die due to not getting treatment for other issues.

I'm now waiting 5 weeks to see a dentist with a broken tooth and in pain. Most likely will have to be pulled now it's that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭893bet

2000 have died - allegedly from COVID - which means the death toll nationally is 0.03 percent.

We face hundreds of thousands unemployed and potentially homelessness in the tens of thousands a cataclysm for small businesses and tens of billions of debt.

I am tending to agree a little but the death toll would have been far higher if it was left unchecked.

There are other countries that decided on low/no restrictions and had to row back. I think balance is the key and we are a little too risk adverse but our health service is frail from the 20 years of bloated mismanagement so caution is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

There's a thread in the Covid-19 sub-forum here asking whether people will take the vaccine. Most voted yes, but as far as I can see from the replies they all take the view that it's the responsible thing to do or they will take it because they want restrictions to end.

Nobody said that they'll take the vaccine because they're afraid of dying as so many others have died around them. That would be a common answer, if not the most common, if there really was a highly lethal virus going around.

If the disease was as deadly as they say we wouldn't need the obedient people frowning at the sceptics for "not doing the right thing." We wouldn't need Garda checkpoints. The people at RTÉ who put on concerned faces and tell us about this deadly virus wouldn't be hugging one another at farewell parties. Only the poor would be left in the cities, and the middle class would have taken refuge in the countryside. Everyone would be desperate to get the vaccine for fear of death, not because they want restrictions to end or because it makes them feel holy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭893bet

I'm now waiting 5 weeks to see a dentist with a broken tooth and in pain. Most likely will have to be pulled now it's that bad.

I fear for the amount of cancer that won’t be detected until it’s too late.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

km991148 wrote: »
    It really is a being a cnut twice over - once for not bothering to wear a mask and the secondly adding to the stigma associated with mental health making it more difficult for those with genuine mental health problems (i.e. increasing the likelihood of being called out in public for not masking etc).

You don’t get to decide who has mental health issues and who don’t though.

There's a thread in the Covid-19 sub-forum here asking whether people will take the vaccine. Most voted yes, but as far as I can see from the replies they all take the view that it's the responsible thing to do or they will take it because they want restrictions to end.

Nobody said that they'll take the vaccine because they're afraid of dying as so many others have died around them. That would be a common answer, if not the most common, if there really was a pandemic.

If there really was a pandemic we wouldn't need the obedient people frowning at the sceptics for "not doing the right thing." We wouldn't need Garda checkpoints. The people at RTÉ who put on concerned faces and tell us about this deadly virus wouldn't be hugging one another at farewell parties. Only the poor would be left in the cities, and the middle class would have taken refuge in the countryside. Everyone would be desperate to get the vaccine for fear of death, not because they want restrictions to end or because it makes them feel holy.

I'll take the vaccine because:
    A) I don't want to get sick
    B) It's the right thing to do, I want to protect those that are more vulnerable that are likely to get a more serious bout of the illness than I.
    C) I want restrictions to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭HBC08

I been to the dentist twice since Sept (one of those times was for a broken tooth)
    Why are you waiting 5 weeks? Maybe try a different dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Learning how many of my fellow Irish people can't be trusted to do the right thing in times of crisis.
    Learning how intolerant people can be in times of crisis. A lot of what happened from March to June was because we were unprepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Had my dentist call me to arrange an appointment and I know someone who underwent treatment. That sounds urgent and you need to get on to them or, as suggested, change dentist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

And not the "clown" that seems incapable of connecting the dots between face nappies and other steps the Government took to prevent that outcome?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement