Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madness of the last nine months

Options
  • 30-11-2020 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

85,000 deaths.

Keelings bringing in Plane loads of cheap labour while we are not allowed travel 5km from our homes.

€9 magical meals.

Flatten the curve.

Filthy face nappies everywhere.

Cash will kill you newspapers are fine.

Golf gate.

RTE leaving bash.

Anti lockdown protests will spread the virus BLM protests won't.

Dail bar sill open.

Guards immune from deadly virus and do not require filthy face nappy.

Phill Hogan.

People from the six counties and our newest ethnic minority free to move everywhere.

Magic vaccine developed in record time predicted by so called tin foil hat nuts deemed safe for the population but masks still must stay.

Sprits wines beers fags and lotto tickets can be sold but shirts for a funeral on the banned list.

Compliant morons with mask around their chin half the time are fine but people with genuine medical grounds for not wearing this filthy rag face harassment.

People paid to tell us to holiday in Ireland jet off to Spain.

I sure there is loads more feel free to add.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Learning how many of my fellow Irish people can't be trusted to do the right thing in times of crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Thousands of "know it all" social media warriors and experts appear overnight and happen to know more than everyone else........not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

It was actually 2km when Keelings brought their planeloads of migrants

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

85,000 deaths.

Keelings bringing in Plane loads of cheap labour while we are not allowed travel 5km from our homes.

€9 magical meals.

Flatten the curve.

Golf gate.

RTE leaving bash.

Dail bar sill open.

Phill Hogan.

People from the six counties and our newest ethnic minority free to move everywhere.

Magic vaccine developed in record time predicted by so called tin foil hat nuts deemed safe for the population but masks still must stay.

Sprits wines beers fags and lotto tickets can be sold but shirts for a funeral on the banned list.

Compliant morons with mask around their chin half the time are fine but people with genuine medical grounds for not wearing this filthy rage face harassment.

Drink only pubs allowed to open inside for a few weeks and then those with outside facilities for almost a month more and cases remained steady.

Yet in my county 90% of the cases one week were in one nursing home; my dad being one of them.

Pubs closed a few days after his funera (I like to think he was chuckling at me freezing my t**s off giving him a socially distanced send off!) - and cases level since.

Almost like pubs have no effect on numbers eh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Drink only pubs allowed to open inside for a few weeks and then those with outside facilities for almost a month more and cases remained steady.

Yet in my county 90% of the cases one week were in one nursing home; my dad being one of them.

Pubs closed a few days after his funera (I like to think he was chuckling at me freezing my t**s off giving him a socially distanced send off!) - and cases level since.

I am sorry about your father.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭Tork

Filthy face nappies:rolleyes: At least we know where you're coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

When I read "face nappies" I know I won't be needing my brain for the rest of the post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I am sorry about your father.:(

Appreciate that, thanks.

Arghus wrote: »
    When I read "face nappies" I know I won't be needing my brain for the rest of the post.

Or the last nine months for that matter.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

85,000 deaths.

Where's that exactly? We haven't hit 85,000 cases in Ireland yet, thankfully, never mind 85,000 deaths.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,803 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Learning how many of my fellow Irish people can't be trusted to do the right thing in times of crisis.

You should see what it's like here in the UK. I was gobsmacked walking around my hometown and saw everyone wearing masks. Here there are signs everywhere with few paying heed.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Zaph wrote: »
    Where's that exactly? We haven't hit 85,000 cases in Ireland yet, thankfully, never mind 85,000 deaths.

It was from this Clown.

Leo-Varadkar-Phoenix-Park.jpg

Up to 85,000 Irish people could die from coronavirus in worst-case scenario, Taoiseach indicates, as three more diagnosed

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/up-to-85000-irish-people-could-die-from-coronavirus-in-worst-case-scenario-taoiseach-indicates-as-three-more-diagnosed-39029363.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I feel it is about time a politician campaigning on an anti social media platform runs for election to challenge data protection and the regulatory environs in which some of these companies exist.

The dangers have been very evident in the past few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

On the basis of no restrictions being implemented ffs.

It's a projection. Not a matter of fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,733 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Brexit in January to give even more fun.

Yes, a worst case scenario.

Do you understand what worst case scenario means?

Yes, a worst case scenario.

Do you understand what worst case scenario means?

Fear mongering BS that's what it means yes I fully understand.

I'm out.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You do understand the meaning of "worst case scenario", don't you? Thankfully, despite a lot of people's best efforts to not adhere to some simple rules regarding masks, social distancing, hand washing, etc., enough people have done so to avoid that worst case scenario, or anything even close to it.

You do understand the meaning of "worst case scenario", don't you? Thankfully, despite a lot of people's best efforts to not adhere to some simple rules regarding masks, social distancing, hand washing, etc., enough people have done so to avoid that worst case scenario, or anything even close to it.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,212 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

"Next 2 weeks are crucial"

Those that use the phrase are unintentionally acknowledging that what comes out of their mouths is mostly sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Laws that enable public drinking a with the term "take out pints" nd then outrage when people go and drink publically

Gervais08 wrote: »

Or that maybe one example isn't every example?

In the couple of weeks the pubs were open I know of 3 clusters of at least half a dozen that coincided with groups who had met in a pub. Pretty sure none were identified as clusters because they weren't the kind of people to use contact tracing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Brexit in January to give even more fun.
    At least the brits will finally get it into their heads what it means ..and their politicians won't be able to hide it ....they will prolly join again in 10 yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

85,000 deaths.

€9 magical meals.

Flatten the curve.

Golf gate.

RTE leaving bash.

Dail bar sill open.

Phill Hogan.

Compliant morons with mask around their chin half the time are fine but people with genuine medical grounds for not wearing this filthy rag face harassment.

I prefer Billy Joel version, at least his rhymed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Filthy face nappies everywhere...do not require filthy face nappy...masks still must stay...mask around their chin...this filthy rag face harassment.

Got it right twice out of five attempts.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Proof that care in the community isn't working for some and their dosage needs adjustment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

How selfish and self centred a lot of Irish people are.

People using mental health as a free for all excuse to do as they please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I'm learning to speak Swedish.

I now know Anders Tegnell is Swedish for f uckwit !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement