Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbonara sauce is a scam

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Myself and a few of my colleagues at the Carbonara Regulatory Embassy of Accepted Menu's (doesn't make sense but go with it) have reached a decision that cream is a vital and traditional ingredient in a classic old style cream,mushroom, billy Roll carbonara.

You can appeal this decision when the review board meets again. 1200 years from now.

Good day sir ....

I said good day!:mad:

Hopefully you all get lined out side your houses and shot by the mafia!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Nah, the mob would get invited to a meal at his house and they'd die of food poisoning. Then again, they might feed his own carbonara to him for his last meal.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

New Home wrote: »
    Nah, the mob would get invited to a meal at his house and they'd die of food poisoning. Then again, they might feed his own carbonara to him for his last meal.......

Your telling me the mob would eat the gastronomy abomination?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They wouldn't be told it's carbonara.

Or they'd be invited to a blind tasting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

You forgot the pineapple. Rookie mistake, that.

Le sigh. I can't believe nobody has copped on to this yet. You obviously cook the pasta in the cream. Duh.

Ah no thats Carbonara Tropicana. A no less delicious variation on the classic as already outlined.

CUIRD6F.png

Bellissimo!

That said for full authenticity- you should really substitute coconut cream instead of the traditional dairy cream

Ah, I can see you've added some tomato sauce for that more Italian flavour. Bravo.

Ah, I can see you've added some tomato sauce for that more Italian flavour. Bravo.

That's part of the Tropicana recipe variation - tomatoes being a new world exotic fruit and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

gozunda wrote: »

That said for full authenticity- you should really substitute coconut cream instead of the traditional dairy cream

Heavens to betsy that sounds scrumptious!

So if you're using coconut cream instead of traditional regular cream could you jazz it up with just a little Thai green paste? And maybe chicken instead of the traditional ham?

Heavens to betsy that sounds scrumptious!

So if you're using coconut cream instead of traditional regular cream could you jazz it up with just a little Thai green paste? And maybe chicken instead of the traditional ham?

Thanks for the tip - must try that, it sounds great. That said for Christmas - I reckon a turkey leg and cranberry sauce carbonara could be just the thing. Maybe with Baileys instead of the ordinary cream? What you'd think?

Edit: I reckon chucking on some toasted almonds could really kick the whole thing up a notch...

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip - must try that, it sounds great. That said for Christmas - I reckon a turkey leg and cranberry sauce carbonara could be just the thing. Maybe with Baileys instead of the ordinary cream? What you'd think?

Ah yes a classic Christmas carbonara. Italians think its 'chow bella' Recipe:

Cream
    Shredded turkey
    Cream
    Cranberries
    Pigs n a blanket (Sausages wrapped in cheese & cabbage)
    A litre of mulled wine
    Sprouts
    Regret
    Cream
    Good quality microwave pasta
    Sage and onion stuffing
    Cream

Method: Mix all the above stuff together and pack tightly into a large bowl. Put in the fridge for a few days and leave to set. Gently remove from the bowl and place upside down on a plate so it looks like a sort of eerie carbonara christmas cake.

Best served drunk. And alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Cream
    Shredded turkey
    Cream
    Cranberries
    A litre of mulled wine
    Sprouts
    Regret
    Cream
    Sage and onion stuffing
    Cream

Method: Mix all the above stuff together and pack tightly into a large bowl. Put in the fridge for a few days and leave to set. Gently remove from the bowl and place upside down on a plate so it looks like a sort of eerie carbonara christmas cake.

Ah yes, a Christmas cracker of a recipe!
    Last year I went a step further and divided the 'cake' into little squares and packed it into ice trays. Freeze overnight and you've got yourself some mini carbonara ice cubes. You can add them to a lovely glass of cream or simply suck on them for a refreshing treat that's deceptively filling!

Don't forget the shrimps, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You need trifle in the Christmas carbona, who'd eat one without it? Just use cream cheese rather than normal cream in the trifle, and sambuca instead of sherry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Don't forget the shrimps, please.

Indeed...don't scrimp on the shrimp as the Italians say when making Christmas carbonara

You need trifle in the Christmas carbona, who'd eat one without it? Just use cream cheese rather than normal cream in the trifle, and sambuca instead of sherry.

Ah, now, come on!! An authentic carbonara is no trifling matter!!

Non foodies. Unlike us. :mad:

Cream
    Shredded turkey
    Cream
    Cranberries
    A litre of mulled wine
    Sprouts
    Regret
    Cream
    Sage and onion stuffing
    Cream

Tbf I really think you've reached the height of gastronomy there. That sumptuous dish would be hard to beat for sure.

May I suggest some antacid & banana blancmange for afters perhaps?

For my own more rustic Christmas recipe - I was thinking more of leaving the Turkey legs whole - with them peaking out of the mound of spaghetti ala bangers and mash style?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'm big into gastronomy, looking through my telescope at the largest source of cheese known to man kind

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

I'm big into gastronomy, looking through my telescope at the largest source of cheese known to man kind

Looking through my telescope, I see a huge gap between man and kind!

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement