Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Boxing Thread (Dubois v Joyce & Jacobs v Rosado)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,902 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Big Joe doesn't look like he was even fighting tonight.

He said in his interview he is blessed with a good chin, I think he is blessed with a body that doesn't need much oxygen either. Frank Warren is taking deeper breaths at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He said in his interview he is blessed with a good chin, I think he is blessed with a body that doesn't need much oxygen either. Frank Warren is taking deeper breaths at the moment.

The chin still has been tested against real power. DD struggled to land any dynamite!

Wilder and AJ both spark him badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Carl had Dubois ahead. Did anyone here have him ahead?
    I had JJ ahead by two but in fairness, a lot were close

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Hahaha fantastic comment. Joe is a horrible talker but he did the business tonight and I hope he gets a world title fight. I think Usyk would be too slick for him. That’s knee looks worse and worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I think Joe Joyce deserves a massive slap on the back. Does that mean that he becomes mandatory for one of AJs belts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

He takes the sloth approach of conserving energy by moving his (upper) limbs so slowly !

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I had Dubois 1 ahead but it really could have been the opposite as well. Some rounds were tough to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Someone on Espn Latin America had Dubois up by about 4-5rds :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Miccoli

I think Joyce is a tank though tbf, Excellent Chin.

I remember saying on Joyce's debut that he was already a cut above the Whyte's and Chisora's etc. I think just being big, strong and a good chin with an engine really goes a long way in HW.

Yeah Joyce undoubtedly has a solid chin. I Just think that it's very worrying for Dubois as his whole game plan is based around power and he didn't even buzz Joyce. I'm not impressed with the stiffness of Dubois or his defence so if his power doesn't carry up past British/European level I don't think he has a chance at world level.

Nathan Gorman on the Twitter machine
    Great fight�� Daniel will come again congratulations
    @JoeJoyceBoxing and @mrsamjones88 fantastic result

Decent of him not to dance on DDD's grave.

• Advertisement

I had Dubois 1 ahead but it really could have been the opposite as well. Some rounds were tough to score.

I had him 1 up as well..

He definitely landed the better shots throughout..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

lack of head movement from Dubois was terrible.

walshb wrote: »
    I had him 1 up as well.. He definitely landed the better shots throughout..

I think he may regret not just throwing the kitchen sink at Joyce after he realised the eye was closed completely.

Is there anybody staying up for the Tyson fight. (still can't believe that I am actually saying that)

I had Joyce up by 2. There was 1 possibly 2 rounds where Dubois threw a nice combo and then did nothing else. Joyce didn’t do a huge amount but he got the jabs in and won the other 2 mins for me. A lot of close rounds.

I think he may regret not just throwing the kitchen sink at Joyce after he realised the eye was closed completely.

I agree. The kitchen sink probably should’ve come earlier. I think after the 9th Joyce knew Dubois was bolliixed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Is there anybody staying up for the Tyson fight. (still can't believe that I am actually saying that)

No

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Really enjoyed that. Fair play to Joyce. Could feel it was his sort of fight from the start when he was winning the jab exchanges. Dubois really struggled to get him on the backfoot and gain any sort of momentum.

Feel for Dubois. That eye was horrendous and I've no idea why a doctor didn't have a look at it. He took a massive risk that he didn't have to take. Definitely think he'll come again.

I think Joe Joyce deserves a massive slap on the back. Does that mean that he becomes mandatory for one of AJs belts?

He'll be number 2 with the WBO. So if Joshua vacates it'll be Joyce v Usyk for the title.

Morrison J wrote: »
    He'll be number 2 with the WBO. So if Joshua vacates it'll be Joyce v Usyk for the title.

Why is there talk of Joshua vacating though? I heard them say that on BT, but why would AJ give up a belt, it's not like he is gonna go up to Super Heavyweight.

• Advertisement

Can you really see Joshua vacate? If he wants to become undisputed then surely he wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,647 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Not a chance. Absolute joke with the no knockout, cut ends the fight rules.

Why is there talk of Joshua vacating though? I heard them say that on BT, but why would AJ give up a belt, it's not like he is gonna go up to Super Heavyweight.

The WBO are making him fight Usyk next but Joshua is trying to make a fight with Fury. He can either fight Usyk next or bin the belt and fight Fury. Only other option is to pay Usyk off to wait but Usyk has said he doesn't want that.

I'd be surprised if Joshua took a risk as big as Usyk with the Fury pay day there for him. Makes sense for him to bin the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

eagle eye wrote: »
    Not a chance. Absolute joke with the no knockout, cut ends the fight rules.

I can half understand it being PPV seeing as it’s 2 legends and seeing what they have left. With those rules it’s madness though, imagine paying for that and the ref stops it over a cut 😂

One judge had Dubois up eight rounds, is that right?

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dreadful stuff from Dubois. Found out. No aggression, no killer instinct, no head movement, no plan B. Just got clipped with the same jab dozens of times and then gave up.

A good thing he was only in there with Joyce and not a killer.

The Nal wrote: »
    Dreadful stuff from Dubois. Found out. No aggression, no killer instinct, no head movement, no plan B. Just got clipped with the same jab dozens of times and then gave up.

A good thing he was only in there with Joyce and not a killer.

Yes

Agree..

Some here seem to think Joyce was very good

I thought both were exactly as they always were..

Dubois worse than I thought..

Very predictable, slow, novice like..no real dynamism or variation or venom..

Plod plod plod..

Just not seeing it with either..

Usyk-Joyce would be interesting

And if Joyce had any decent speed of foot and hand, I’d give him a good chance..

One judge had Dubois up eight rounds, is that right?

I’d have to watch again, but several rds were very close, so wide scores either way could well be justified!

• Advertisement

Just on the quit angle:

Although I believe that he quit, and agreed with Frampton: the claim from any boxer that they’d never quit and have to be carried out of the ring is silly..And could come back to bite them on the arse!

No man knows when that fight could come where their mind and body betrays them. They are humans. Not machines..

And the definition of quit is subjective..

Advertisement