Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020: ROUND 15 bahrain GP1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Does anybody know if Netflix are there this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

rameire wrote: »
    there seemed to be around 3 or 4 stewards at the point of impact.
    they all seemed to run away instantly, hopefully no major issues with them.

3 ran away, 1 charged in with his fire extinguisher!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I cant even... I really thought that was a fatality. I remember watching Jules Bianchi and feeling sick after it and I got that same feeling today.

I timed it from the replay. He was in the flames for over 25 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Inquitus wrote: »
    3 ran away, 1 charged in with his fire extinguisher!

Quite a bit of debris headed in their direction including one of the wheels. They have got lucky too. Fair play to the lad who went straight for the extinguisher even if it seemed to be a token one he had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Halo still intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Halo and the fact it was the first lap so the medic car was there saved his life.

Very lucky to be alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

I cant even... I really thought that was a fatality. I remember watching Jules Bianchi and feeling sick after it and I got that same feeling today.

Yeah i was the same. That was a horrible few mins before they showed him out of the car. Was sure we had a tragedy on our hands. Don't really have much appetite for this race now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,289 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You change one or two factors, the crash doesn't happen, you change one or two factors, the driver is dead.

Credit to the track team. Thats a quick repair of the barrier. Under an hour.

• Advertisement

You change one or two factors, the crash doesn't happen, you change one or two factors, the driver is dead.

And that literally applies to a lot of big stunts too.

Mugello was nasty. Could have been much worse on the restart

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The use of concrete barriers as a replacement at that angle makes me even more nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Monocoque, HANS and Halo all did their job. The pictures Sky have posted up are pretty scary.

https://www.facebook.com/171398419619795/posts/3613369418755994/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Yeah i was the same. That was a horrible few mins before they showed him out of the car. Was sure we had a tragedy on our hands. Don't really have much appetite for this race now.

My GF kept talking and I was just zoned out fixated on the screen waiting for an update.

And Gunter just dropped the F bomb :pac:

Tzardine wrote: »

Miracles do happen. My heart was in my mouth watching that live.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

My GF kept talking and I was just zoned out fixated on the screen waiting for an update.

And Gunter just dropped the F bomb :pac:

And the Sky lad calling him Gunter Swearer while apologising for it :pac:

You can clearly see the point where the leading edge of the HALO impacted with the barrier and deflected it up and over his head.

n4IoT6G.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Tzardine wrote: »

Paul di Resta timed it at 18 seconds

The use of concrete barriers as a replacement at that angle makes me even more nervous.

Yeah I'm not loving it. They're linked together rather than anchored, I would imagine a big impact will be enough to move them, hard to know how they'll react.

I wonder if there's a safety argument to be made to bring back refuelling? :pac:

Paul di Resta timed it at 18 seconds

You mean 18 sheckonds.

• Advertisement

Reckon this is going to be a very subdued race once it restarts. No one is going to want to take any risks after what they just saw. And who could blame them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I wonder if there's a safety argument to be made to bring back refuelling? :pac:

Cars these days actually carry less fuel than they did even in 2009. So pit refuelling might not do too much.

Reckon this is going to be a very subdued race once it restarts. No one is going to want to take any risks after what they just saw. And who could blame them?

Mayhaps. I'm sure they'll be trying to convince themselves that lightning can't strike twice. :pac:

Croft nominated Alan Van Der Merwe for driver of the day

All is forgiven Crofty

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Still have to say, I've never felt anything like I have watching that live. Can't even explain the emotion and feeling in the pit of my stomach. Honestly felt like I was watching a part of unfortunate history. So glad it wasn't unfortunate. Still feel shocked.

That debris went right under Grosjeans right front wheel

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    That debris went right under Grosjeans right front wheel

Was Karrun able to track where the debris went from Latifi's perspective? Would be interesting to find out if it ended up somewhere or if Grosjean's car was the final stop

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭BikeRacer

It happened over an hour ago and I'm still not right after it.

Was Karrun able to track where the debris went from Latifi's perspective? Would be interesting to find out if it ended up somewhere or if Grojean's car was the final stop

They just showed a replay from onboard Kvyat and it went right under Grosjeans right front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

It will start again at 18:35 local time (15:35 Irish time).

Advertisement