Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ever send back crisps or chocolate to companys?.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Emailed Tayto about a multipack of chickatees recently, bought for Mini Trigs, they smelled of Chlorine, they sent out a return package to send them back. We sent back the opened packet and the rest of the multipack.

Within a couple of days we received an apology letter with an explanation that their was issues with the machinery the day they were produced which probably caused it and an All4one voucher for €10.. not bad considering the 2e outlay

Yeah I bought a bag of Doritos with no flavour on them, so I threw them out and bought a new bag, but they were the same, so I sent them to Doritos.
    They ignored me. Fuppin baxtards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

My family are always at it.

Key wins:

Sister pointed out a spelling on a pack of monster munches years ago. Week or two later big truck pulls up outside with a few boxes.

Sent a box of jellies.The best before dates on the packaging v inner plastic sleeve were about 2 years apart. Got a massive box of jellies back.

Complained about porridge packaging once, got a massive hamper.

Complained about gone off Rancheros, another big box delivered by courier.

Most recent has been a complaint about a price differential between price on pack v price on shelf. Currently f**king myself as suggested by Tesco.

The white chocolate rarely works.

I like to have a bit of craic with the QC dept of the companies, try throw in some humour. Worked in the sector once, people were always complaining about sh1te, kids old wans affected by burnt raisins etc. I used always send a bigger box to the ones that made me laugh.

Every little helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Not cakes or chocolate but I remember two incidents as a kid in the 80's... one was a large blue bottle baked into the heel of a slice pan of a well known bakery. That resulted in a weekly delivery of bread, buns and cakes for about 6 weeks.

The other was a steak and kidney pie that had a ball of tinfoil inside the pie. That one resulted in a large hamper of frozen food.

As a kid growing up our next door neighbour worked for Gateux. When he'd drop off new produce to the shops he'd collect the short date stock and bring it to a local piggery. He'd always hold back a few crates and regularly drop us in boxes of swiss rolls, jam tarts, etc. Nothing to do with the thread, it just reminded me of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

There was a while a few years ago where the print kept falling off various Cadbury wrappers, and I'd find tiny little black letters lying around the place, which perplexed the hell out of me until I figure out where they were coming from.
    Emailed Cadbury's out of curiosity and they sent me an explanation and a 3e voucher, which I think is still on top of the fridge somewhere, and no doubt well past its use by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

COVID wrote: »
    A few years ago I sent back a can of 'Lilt' as its advertised 'totally tropical taste' didn't quite meet my expectations.
    They sent back 50 new cans, a two-week holiday in a luxury Kingston hotel, plus 10,000 Jamaican dollars spending money.............

........back in Dublin now, of course, looking out the window on this cold grey morning, we can but dream.

A whole 57 euros :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

My mother bought a fresh , newly killed turkey one year for Christmas off a local farmer, she threw it in the back of the old estate car she drove home.

As she drove home , the turkey stuck his head up and let a loud squak out of itself.My mother nearly shiit herself in panic ,eventually arriving home , roaring at my dad that she was going to get the shotgun and shoot the turkey and then the bastard farmer who sold her the turkey.

Some of the above may not be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Odelay

Jaysus I’ve something to post off to Durex. Will let you know how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

46 Long wrote: »
    Many moons ago a young 46 Long sent a letter of complaint to Gallaher's Tobacco Ltd. claiming that my ten-box of Benson & Hedges Special Filter contained in fact, only nine Benson & Hedges Special Filters.

A week or two went by before a polite lady wrote back to me with an apology, thanking me for my continued patronage of their fine tobacco products and including three aromatic 20 boxes of Benson and Hedges's finest cancer sticks.

I don't need to tell you who the hero was behind the bicycle sheds on that glorious day.

As did we. Tap the tobacco out of the top of a cigarette and write a complaint letter to B&H including the said cigarette only to receive a 20 box back in the post.

This would have been about 25 years ago in our young teens.

Advertisement