Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ooni pizza ovens & accessories thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭Ardent

I made this for other purposes and found it's perfect for the pizza oven. Can be disassembled after use and stored away. Stands available from Screwfix.

https://youtu.be/Z59QXPxFhPs

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

There might if you order from the UK site they agree to ship, but shouldn’t be if you order from the EU site?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I just got a 20 euro wooden slats outdoor table from Ikea which has served me well for 3 years now. Measure between the legs of the 16 Koda as Im not sure if the distances are bigger than 12 inch ovens.

Long term (as in by next summer) I think Im going to buy a used stainless steel catering table, specifically 304 food grade. There are a good few for sale on Donedeal from catering companies . I'll get a 6ft one so that will fit the oven, the gas bottle below it and still leave plenty of space to stretch out and top pizzas right next to the Ooni. I think that will be really handy when having pizza parties rather than going in and out of the house with pizzas.

It'll also be handy to have a long outdoor kitchen bench just for general BBQ, Im always looking for places to put hot stuff down that isnt the dining table and stainless steel is the perfect medium for that. It also shouldnt rust in an outdoor environment. Been meaning to get one for a while now but the pandemic got in the way, definitely going to get it sorted for next summer.

@the1eyedsnake buy from the EU Ooni store, if you buy from the UK one then yeah I would expect import/vat duties become payable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Thanks Muahahaha,

The 16" requires a minimum 60cm X 60cm platform to stand safely on.

I like the look of this stainless steel table which if the middle shelf was removed would hold the gas cylinder in a tidy fashion. It's a bit steep at over €120 delivered.

I'm also tinkering with the idea to install a floating shelf off my garden wall to permanently hold the oven, that would allow me to install it at a better height than most tables / trolley's tend to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Mail from Oonie, the package is out with GLS for delivery 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 48 the1eyedsnake

Is anyone else having trouble with payment?, i'm trying to pay with my AIb card and it flashes to visa for 1 second before saying payment could not be verified?

yeah a floating shelf is a good idea, ideally you would like it higher up than a regular height table to keep an eye on the pizza as it cooks very fast. Not quite eye level as you would probably singe the eyebrows off yourself looking into it but around chest level would be ideal. Bear in mind though that the gas hosing is only so long, I havent measured it but I would guess about 1m at best from gas bottle to the oven itself. Im sure you could replace it with a longer gas hose one though so long as its designed to hold the same gas pressure as the one supplied by Ooni.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Ordered 2 separate pizza ovens around black Friday but neither delivered yet. Are the delivery times usually quite long? Did anyone else order around the same time and if so any sign of delivery yet? Thanks.

• Advertisement

I ordered Black Friday weekend and got an email to say that Ooni had dispatched it last Tuesday and it was received by the courier GLS. However from previous posts in the thread I think that means they gave it to GLS in the Netherlands and not GLS here. Id hope it arrives by Friday but if not it should be here early next week.

Is one of yours an Xmas present for someone? If youve got the email saying GLS have it then I think you'll be fine to get it before Xmas day itself. The main thing is it is moving in the system.

Yeah I got the GLS email but that was on December 2nd and going by the tracking they haven't moved it at all from Netherlands. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I ordered on black Friday and have a status that the information has been sent to GLS, but that's it. A bit annoying really. I was looking forward to Stephens day Turkey and Ham pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭skinnyfries

I ordered Black Friday too, the oven was delivered last Tuesday and the accessories arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

i ordered on 23 nov and oven arrived 1 Dec. got no courier delivery emails. didnt order any accessories

Funny how there's so much disparity.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Yeah I received the oven on the 06th Dec after a mail on the 25th Nov.

Still no sign of the accessories. Ooni did send a mail saying they would be delivered separately.

I didn’t receive an email to say they’d be delivered separately and when only one out of 5 arrived, I wasted an afternoon on the phone to DPS trying to track down the outstanding 4🤯

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Markey1

Got confirmation that mine was handed over to GLS. Did any of you receive further updates on the GLS tracking before delivery?

• Advertisement

Yes, I got an email and text from DPD on the morning of the second delivery advising estimated time of delivery.

Just looking at my own via GLS track and trace and its still sitting in the GLS warehouse in the Netherlands since this day last week. Once it gets moving it should be delivered within 2 or 3 days. Glad I didnt prepare the batch of pizza dough as at this stage it wont be arriving before next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

I ordered on November 27th and still have the status of 'the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS'. Customer service have been apologetic but either themselves or the carrier must have a massive backlog, they still think I'll get it by the 24th but I'm not too hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Ended up making a floating shelf out of composite decking for my Koda 16, looks better in the photo than it actually is (my DIY skills are fairly rough to be honest) but it'll do the trick. Might paint the supporting batons white one of the days just to blend them in a bit.

Just checked the status of my own order and its still sitting with GLS in the Netherlands. Not that confident it is going to arrive this week, it would need to be in their depot here to give it any real chance

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ACAandCTA

Based on the tracking, mine was in Netherlands as it arrived at my front door!

Not saying that it will arrive before Christmas, but it could well be in transit and they haven't updated the tracking.

Mine arrived early least week and I ordered the first day of the sale.

Hopefully it is just the tracking that is off and it comes this week. Have all the ingredients to make pizza in the fridge for 10 days now so gagging to get going again

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

From experience of a couple of orders, it could be up to 2 weeks before it even arrives in the Netherlands - they issue the number but GLS don't even have it at that point. Once it does turn up there, seems to be 4ish working days. Might be of some help to someone waiting, but won't make it turn up any sooner I'm afraid...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Markey1

They've offered me 25% store credit if it doesn't arrive on time for Christmas. So while it won't be here on time, having the bit of store credit for accessories will be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Have the same offer, no sign of the tracking status to move yet, but have my eye on some if those skillet pans!

Advertisement