Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL season - Week 12 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

It will be death by a thousand cuts for denver.

This is an audition for Hill imo, and he's not showing he can be anything other than a #2

I'd be happy for all 3 Denver dud QBs to be sacked. Done with them. Bring Fitzpatrick in.

Hill isn't even a #2 - he is a gadget STer

Lock has to the end of the season to show he can be an NFL QB - the jury is still out but its not looking great.

As for this shambles - the NFL screwed Denver - the Broncos sent several hours of surveillance tape from the QB meeting room, along with contact tracing data and interviews to the league on Friday morning. According to a Broncos source, while the quarterbacks weren't textbook in following the COVID protocols, the video sent to the league shows them wearing masks for extensive periods, distancing and in possession of tracers. The meeting took place in the Pat Bowlen Room - which is used for press conferences, so it is not a small room.

In reality this is a consequence of the shambolic nature of the Ellis Trust running the Broncos - a team with a visible owner would have been able to make the NFL back off and either allow the QBs to play or postponed the game - as they have done with many other teams this year.

The Trust running the team has to end by the end of this season - either Brittany Bowlen is put in charge (and Ellis is sent to retirement) or the team is sold to Robert Smith - preferably the second option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Yeah, i actually meant to say Hill was a #3 at best.... That's why I thought they wanted to take a look, either that or to protect Winston in a game they were guaranteed to win.

I understand the Broncos could argue about a variety of mitigating factors, and overall I do feel they were a bit hard done by, i.e. They were at such a disadvantage and losing their bye week earlier for nothing they had done themselves, but the buck stops with the QBs as far as I'm concerned.

To leave a team quaterbackless (new word) in the middle of the season because you couldn't keep a mask on is unforgiveable imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Hill isn't even a #2 - he is a gadget STer

Lock has to the end of the season to show he can be an NFL QB - the jury is still out but its not looking great.

As for this shambles - the NFL screwed Denver - the Broncos sent several hours of surveillance tape from the QB meeting room, along with contact tracing data and interviews to the league on Friday morning. According to a Broncos source, while the quarterbacks weren't textbook in following the COVID protocols, the video sent to the league shows them wearing masks for extensive periods, distancing and in possession of tracers. The meeting took place in the Pat Bowlen Room - which is used for press conferences, so it is not a small room.

In reality this is a consequence of the shambolic nature of the Ellis Trust running the Broncos - a team with a visible owner would have been able to make the NFL back off and either allow the QBs to play or postponed the game - as they have done with many other teams this year.

The Trust running the team has to end by the end of this season - either Brittany Bowlen is put in charge (and Ellis is sent to retirement) or the team is sold to Robert Smith - preferably the second option.

I certainly hope he's The Cure for our ills.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

At least they rams vs niners game is close because it’s not been the best late window of games ever. Also, having Patrick mahomes as my fantasy QB has worked well this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Yeah, i actually meant to say Hill was a #3 at best.... That's why I thought they wanted to take a look, either that or to protect Winston in a game they were guaranteed to win.

I understand the Broncos could argue about a variety of mitigating factors, and overall I do feel they were a bit hard done by, i.e. They were at such a disadvantage and losing their bye week earlier for nothing they had done themselves, but the buck stops with the QBs as far as I'm concerned.

To leave a team quaterbackless (new word) in the middle of the season because you couldn't keep a mask on is unforgiveable imo.
    The blame doesn't solely lie with the QBs - the sensible thing to do was have one QB isolated, working without being in contact with the others - then if 3 went down there was still one able to play. Putting the 4 QBs into the one room for a meeting was a daft thing to do and that is either down to the coaches or the administration (or both)

• Advertisement

It's still on for TB. Would suit me in our head to head league if TB wins despite me picking KC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Stunning win for the 49ers I didn’t give them much hope tonight with all of those injuries.

Ball game in tampa.

It's still on for TB. Would suit me in our head to head league if TB wins despite me picking KC.

Narrator: It was not on for TB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,030 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I am some idiot playing Fant and Patrick on my fantasy with Broncos Offence like THAT (benched Claypool on the inkling the game won't go ahead). I probably wouldn't have beaten my Mahomes-owning opponent eitherways but egg is firmly on my face.

For some reason I thought they'd play short tosses to the WR and TE but it was actually hard to watch how badly disjointed it was.

• Advertisement

The trick I've found this year is to not watch the Broncos. It helps your sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,538 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Great day for the Seahawks and they haven't even played yet.
    Tonight's game is interesting, I fancy the Bears. Packers have struggled against good defense and I think the Bears Offense is better with Trubisky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

eagle eye wrote: »
    Great day for the Seahawks and they haven't even played yet.
    Tonight's game is interesting, I fancy the Bears. Packers have struggled against good defense and I think the Bears Offense is better with Trubisky.

Dear God I hope you're right but I have never been this pessimistic going into a Packers game, and that is saying a LOT. I didn't hear if Akiem Hicks is in, I know he was game-time decision but if he's not there we are surprisingly weakened as a defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,538 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dear God I hope you're right but I have never been this pessimistic going into a Packers game, and that is saying a LOT. I didn't hear if Akiem Hicks is in, I know he was game-time decision but if he's not there we are surprisingly weakened as a defence.

Hicks is out.

I've decided let myself be wooed by the potential of a Rodgers dominated first half.

So here I am...

So al and Chris are calling the game Tuesday night and have tonight off ?

Al Michaels was scheduled to take some games off this year anyway.

Were they scheduled to do Thanksgiving TNF?

TNF is normally on Fox and Aikman and Buck did the Cowboys-Football Team game though...

Al Michaels was scheduled to take some games off this year anyway.

Were they scheduled to do Thanksgiving TNF?

TNF is normally on Fox and Aikman and Buck did the Cowboys-Football Team game though...

The steelers and ravens game was on nbc on Thursday before it was moved to potentially Tuesday night. I doubt nbc would put in a second string crew in prime time on thanksgiving night.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The steelers and ravens game was on nbc on Thursday before it was moved to potentially Tuesday night. I doubt nbc would put in a second string crew in prime time on thanksgiving night.

Absolutely not. I just didn't know who was to broadcast Ravens-Steelers.

Chicago tore through the Packers D there.

The D rescued themselves there.

• Advertisement

Absolutely not. I just didn't know who was to broadcast Ravens-Steelers.

It’s cbs, Fox and nbc for the three thanksgiving games but maybe they rotate the prime time game but this year it was scheduled to be nbc and that’s al, Chris, and Michelle.

Roughing the cash machine

Roughing the cash machine

If they're being consistent on the RTP calls on Brady earlier then that was a roughing call too.

If they're being consistent on the RTP calls on Brady earlier then that was a roughing call too.

I have no doubt Brady would get that penalty as well.

Nice going trubs. Think I've seen enough already to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Famous interview by Charles Woodson a few years ago, Same ol Jay, he's going to throw you the ball, he was referring to the defence. Same ol Mitch.

Nice going trubs. Think I've seen enough already to be honest.

I was just thinking the same thing.

The defense look like they've finally quit. Hard to blame them.

Right, tv off. See you in 2021.

Edit: 2021 at the earliest. If they fire everyone.

• Advertisement

Eeesh.

That's me done.

Advertisement