Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL season - Week 12 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

They are as bad as each other, do most things wrong, fumbles missed tackles missed extra points, but it's entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

They are as bad as each other, do most things wrong, fumbles missed tackles missed extra points, but it's entertaining

I’m just turning on this game and and that’s doesn’t sound great.

Also there’s eleven minutes left in the fourth quarter. I know there’s only two games today but they don’t seen to be in a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

With any luck, Patricia will be fired this week.
    Embarrassing performances 2 weeks in row, on top of the terrible start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

That was amazing. Any chance it wasn't the design?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,538 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lionbacker wrote:
    With any luck, Patricia will be fired this week. Embarrassing performances 2 weeks in row, on top of the terrible start to the season.
    They've a heap of injuries haven't they?

eagle eye wrote: »
    They've a heap of injuries haven't they?

Yeah, on offence, which hasn't really been the biggest problem most of the year.
    The problem is the defence which is supposedly Patricia speciality. In the last five games they've given up 163 points. No offence is going to keep up when leaking that many points.
    He's turned what was a perennial playoff contender under Caldwell, into a laughing stock.

Lionbacker wrote:
    Yeah, on offence, which hasn't really been the biggest problem most of the year. The problem is the defence which is supposedly Patricia speciality. In the last five games they've given up 163 points. No offence is going to keep up when leaking that many points. He's turned what was a perennial playoff contender under Caldwell, into a laughing stock.
    I think that team was at the end of its time. He faced a rebuild if I remember correctly.
    I think if he gets another season that things will improve.

I think that team was at the end of its time. He faced a rebuild if I remember correctly.
    I think if he gets another season that things will improve.
    Not a hope. If you can't improve the team after three years, then your time is up. He's completely revamped the defence, brought in all his own players & its a complete dumpster fire.
    I'd be very surprised if he gets another season, especially looking at this photo of the Lions owner taken at todays game. It paints a thousand words.

https://twitter.com/mulho2mj/status/1332058937777065987

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Bad fumble there by Zeke, he has to hold on to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Not a hope. If you can't improve the team after three years, then your time is up. He's completely revamped the defence, brought in all his own players & its a complete dumpster fire.
    I'd be very surprised if he gets another season, especially looking at this photo of the Lions owner taken at todays game. It paints a thousand words.

https://twitter.com/mulho2mj/status/1332058937777065987

This gave me a proper chuckle:

https://twitter.com/thetheRedundant/status/1332065239425171457?s=19

That chase from McClaurin after the INT was really something. Cowboys come away with just a FG. Fair fúcks to the Football Team D.

Jesus.

It very quickly got away from the Cowboys. Yikes.

Yeah and I'm not blaming Dalton either. The loss of the tackles really hurt them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

This suddenly turned into a blow out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Lamar has covid!

RGIII time.

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Lamar has covid!

So is the game Sunday is even more doubt ? I take you mean Baltimore Lamar.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Does McCarthy keep his job? Those fake punts were madness. A run play on 4th and 10 in your own redzone?!

Does McCarthy keep his job? Those fake punts were madness. A run play on 4th and 10 in your own redzone?!

Normally I’d say no but this is Jerry Jones and all that goes with it so maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Normally I’d say no but this is Jerry Jones and all that goes with it so maybe.

Yeah Garrett's tenure would suggest so.

The game was close when they went for the first one. It's not as if you are playing a KC and are desperate to not give the ball back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So is the game Sunday is even more doubt ? I take you mean Baltimore Lamar.

there's no way at this point you could take to the field and say it's safe to play them if they're still discovering positives today.

Ravens have shut everything down until at least Monday. No chance they are putting those guys on a plane to Pittsburgh today or tomorrow.

League has to either put the week 18 system and extra playoff berth in place or make the Ravens forfeit.
    Or move the game to Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Some of those plays by Cowboys last night were mind boggling.

Dalton had zero protection all night and at times it’s the simple mistakes that are killing them.

Some of those plays by Cowboys last night were mind boggling.

Dalton had zero protection all night and at times it’s the simple mistakes that are killing them.
    And the trick plays were stupid. Not only that but the defense started doing a good job and then you decide to try a trick okay in your own half rather than punt and let your defense get a stop. Like what sort of a message is that to send to the defense?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Or move the game to Tuesday.

Ravens are due to play on Thursday though, unless they push that out to the Sunday. Nightmare for the league to sort out.

That NFL statement on the ravens vs steelers game is a mess. It says “should the game be played on Tuesday” I mean that shows the league are in no way confident this game will even happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Very quiet tonight? :pac:

Very quiet tonight? :pac:

Well the eagles aren’t playing until tomorrow night so I’m just watching red zone and there’s been nothing of much note.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Is that block illegal in the Pats game?

Advertisement