Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vaccine

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Fodla

circadian wrote: »
    Which came first? The mask wearing or the sharp increase in cases?

Does it matter? If masks are so effective then why are case numbers still through the roof in the countries I mentioned?

Ignoring the flawed logic; the US with 24/7 mask wearing? Ha good one

In most states masks are mandatory everywhere and compliance is extremely high.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,786 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Fodla wrote: »
    Does it matter? If masks are so effective then why are case numbers still through the roof in the countries I mentioned?

Masks are effective. Do they 100% stop the virus? no, of course not. They mitigate it. Likewise social distancing doesn't 100% stop the virus, it mitigates it.

Why with masks and social distancing, do people still get the virus? Think.

In most states masks are mandatory everywhere and compliance is extremely high.

Compliance is relatively low in the US. I have friends over there, they sent me a pic from just last month, it was huge amounts of people gathering, most didn't have masks. Another was from a packed beach in late Sept, basically no one had a mask on. It's pretty bad over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Sorry, you were asked for the evidence. You ignored this.
    Please supply the scientific study you are basing your claim on and quote where it states the corralation between usage of masks and the numbers of cases.

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Masks are effective. Do they 100% stop the virus? no, of course not. They mitigate it. Likewise social distancing doesn't 100% stop the virus, it mitigates it.

But it hasn't really mitigated it in any of those countries. It's still out of control in spite of the 24/7 mask wearing. In Spain they wear them everywhere. I was there a few weeks ago. 100% compliance. And still case numbers are through the roof there.

But it hasn't really mitigated it in any of those countries. It's still out of control in spite of the 24/7 mask wearing. In Spain they wear them everywhere. I was there a few weeks ago. 100% compliance. And still case numbers are through the roof there.
    Please provide the study that shows this.

You have proven to be very dishonest and willing to twist and distort things to defend you conspiracy theory beliefs. You are not trustworthy. No one will take your word for anything.

So provide the evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,426 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Can I ask cause I can never get my head around this bit of the conspiracy theory

What is the secret evil reason governments want us to get the vaccine?

You've missed the point, which is why I asked the below question

Here it is again:

You've missed the point, which is why I asked the below question

Here it is again:

The cynic in me says it's because the PCR test is useless and produces false positives.

But I guess you are arguing that it's still very infectious in spite of the mitigation measures.

• Advertisement

But I guess you are arguing that it's still very infectious in spite of the mitigation measures.

Yes, a mask doesn't stop the virus fully, it mitigates it. You can still pick it up from touching items in the supermarket, talking to a friend, from your kid who picked it up in school, that time you went to the restaurant, when you went to the gym, when you met with 4 friends in a bar, etc, etc there are hundreds of ways to pick up the virus.

Masks, distancing and lockdown aren't there to "stop" the virus fully, they are there to curb it to stop it from overwhelming our health systems. Once it's relatively "under control" again, then measures are gradually lifted. Again, none of this is perfect, and in our eagerness to lift lockdown measures before, many countries experienced another large wave.

The cynic in me says it's because the PCR test is useless and produces false positives.
    And given that you've ignored completely my requests to supply evidence to your previous claim, this is also something completely unevidenced and without any merit and most likely not true.
    There's no point in beating around the bush and asking for evidence and support we all know you don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Can I ask cause I can never get my head around this bit of the conspiracy theory

What is the secret evil reason governments want us to get the vaccine?

Probably to reduce the amount of people getting it, getting sick & causing a drain on Healthcare resources.

Is it a big conspiracy for a government to have the welfare of the citizens it was elected to serve & protect, to do just that.

The more people around the more of them there is to vote us back in next time.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Probably to reduce the amount of people getting it, getting sick & causing a drain on Healthcare resources.

Is it a big conspiracy for a government to have the welfare of the citizens it was elected to serve & protect, to do just that.

The more people around the more of them there is to vote us back in next time.

I more wanted an answer from a conspiracy believer. I agree with your reason

Some of us have been asking since this started and I'd say the most "coherent" answer we got is that the government is actually part of a tyrannical global group backed by the devil (literally the devil) that wants to track and control everyone for unknown reasons.

breezy1985 wrote:

I know, it is nigh on impossible to get an answer that holds up to a cursory level of scrutiny.

This is what a lot of people believe (just type 'The Great Reset' into Twitter and you'll see that thousands of people are incredibly suspicious of the Great Reset):

There are 10's of thousands of people online who think the world is flat. There are millions who believe in ghosts. Sorry, but it's not really a measure of anything but people's never failing ability to believe silly stuff.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I know, it is nigh on impossible to get an answer that holds up to a cursory level of scrutiny.

Does controlling people through health apps and health passports worry you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 273 ✭✭Hqrry113

King Mob wrote: »
    Cause you read on the internet it was bad and that the virus was fake and just accepted that without question.

Good way to make a medical decision alright.

I haven't read anything online, I don't need a vaccine I'm not worried about covid anymore than I'm worried about the flu, unless you're already half dead you don't need to worry about covid.

Hqrry113 wrote: »
    I haven't read anything online, I don't need a vaccine I'm not worried about covid anymore than I'm worried about the flu, unless you're already half dead you don't need to worry about covid.

I'm not too worried about Covid either. I am worried about catching it and passing it to older relatives and others. As mentioned, several European cities hospitals came close to reaching max capacity, and certain health systems were just weeks away from becoming overwhelmed.

The sheer ignorance on this forum never ceases to amaze.

• Advertisement

We are all controlled to a certain extent every day of our lives.

How will these apps control us.

I'm not too worried about Covid either. I am worried about catching it and passing it to older relatives and others. As mentioned, several European cities hospitals came close to reaching max capacity, and certain health systems were just weeks away from becoming overwhelmed.

The sheer ignorance on this forum never ceases to amaze.

Well let the old people who can barely lift their arm in their wheelchairs get the vaccine then, I don't want it.

Can we keep all the Great Reset comments to that thread.

Multiple posts have been moved to that thread

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Well let the old people who can barely lift their arm in their wheelchairs get the vaccine then, I don't want it.

Pure ignorance and selfishness. There are a lot of people who aren't old or infirm but who have compromised immune systems. It's not all about you.

Also do you want to see our health service overwhelmed to the point that other medical conditions don't get treated? But I'm sure you'd be very understanding if someone you knew got very ill but couldn't get treated because the hospital was overrun.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So don't get it.

Apparently judging by this thread and elsewhere we have a moral duty to inject ourselves with whatever hastily made substance the powers that be cobble together for a virus we still dont fully understand

Apparently judging by this thread and elsewhere we have a moral duty to inject ourselves with whatever hastily made substance the powers that be cobble together for a virus we still dont fully understand

On the one hand you're soapboxing that Covid is nothing to worry about, on the other you're obsessively fearmongering about the vaccine.

We get it. If you don't want to take the vaccine, don't.

I don't agree with your assessment of the upcoming vaccines but I think so, yes, every able body person does have a moral duty to take it. I wouldn't force it anyone however. I'll just think you're a selfish ****ing idiot if you don't.

How does a health passport control someone?

This passport conspiracy is new to me

• Advertisement

How does a health passport control someone?

This passport conspiracy is new to me

Based on whether the colour is green or red you can or can't go to a restaurant, bar, concert, football match, travel, go to the shop etc.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40077932.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/23/asia/china-xi-qr-code-coronavirus-intl-hnk/index.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement