Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France's Macron issues 'Republican values' ultimatum to Muslim leaders

Options
124»

Comments

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    That last statement of mine was more of a general one than a statement made directly at you. My apologies for that.

Fair enough, I appreciate the apology.
    It amazes me seeing willful ignorance of people defending Islam. How much more evidence do they need before they realize the truth? Does Ireland need a 9/11 of its own before the bleeding hearts here finally the truth?

Yeah, I can understand, however, nowhere in my post was I defending Islam.... and that's the danger. Just as people previously shut down discussion about Islam by throwing around Racist, Islamophobia, etc, we need to be careful not to shut down discussion in other ways...

Ireland... TBH I doubt a 9/11 would waken people up that much. It's not a single incident that would likely need to happen but a series of horrible incidents over a few months. The Irish have an amazing ability to shrug off just about anything, which we've seen before.

All the same, Ireland is good at following in the steps of others, and if a few countries in Europe, head down this path, maybe/possibly, our Politicians might seek approval from the Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

When you look at the bombing of the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester . 22 dead, 10 of them children.

The reaction was muted, the Mosque he went to with its constant hate preaching was untouched, people laid lots of flowers, and that was that.

A clear message was sent out to Islamic radicals, no matter how hard you push, we will bend further for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If you have a free hour, this is an eye opening interview

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If you have a free hour, this is an eye opening interview

Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Danzy wrote: »
    When you look at the bombing of the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester . 22 dead, 10 of them children.

The reaction was muted, the Mosque he went to with its constant hate preaching was untouched, people laid lots of flowers, and that was that.

A clear message was sent out to Islamic radicals, no matter how hard you push, we will bend further for you.

There is still more outrage in the UK over the Birmingham pub bombings than there is displayed over the Manchester Arena attack which happened ~45 years ago with a similar death toll of 21. I've noted when newsreaders introduce a topic on the Manchester attack to this day their tone is one as if it was a tragic accident rather than what it really was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

One way to combat extremism is doing what Morocco does.
    I've heard their prayers are written centrally and distributed out to the mosques.
    There isn't much room for imams to go rogue.

Note, it doesn't always work. Where there is religion there is the possibility of terrible crimes.
    On 17 December 2018, the bodies of Louisa Vesterager Jespersen, a 24-year-old Danish woman, and Maren Ueland, a 28-year-old Norwegian woman, were found decapitated in the foothills of Mount Toubkal near to the village of Imlil in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco.

A total of 18 men have been arrested by Moroccan Police in relation to the murders. The murders were described by the Moroccan general prosecutor as a terrorist act after a video of some of the suspects swearing allegiance to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant while decapitating Louisa Jespersen was released on the Internet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Danzy wrote: »

When you consider the reaction to the death of George Floyd it is shameful. British public figures still bow in veneration to an American BLM narrative. Meanwhile those British children at the Ariana Grande concert are completely forgotten about - no murals, no rioting, no kneeling gestures by sports teams, no demands for change. Just don't look back in anger, deescalate, demotivate and forget.

Let alone the related scandal of tens of thousands of British girls being groomed and raped by ethnic gangs brought into the UK by the government. An estimated 19,000 girls still being groomed every year and no scandal. The official report into the scandal has been buried by the Johnson government - they're still afraid to release it. And no scandal. It seems ethnic grooming gangs are just part and parcel of living in the multicultural UK.

You know the UK is a deeply sick society when the death of a drug using convicted criminal in a foreign country is more unacceptable to that society than the murder and rape of their own children.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

AllForIt wrote: »
    There is still more outrage in the UK over the Birmingham pub bombings than there is displayed over the Manchester Arena attack which happened ~45 years ago with a similar death toll of 21. I've noted when newsreaders introduce a topic on the Manchester attack to this day their tone is one as if it was a tragic accident rather than what it really was.

Islamic terrorism is a massive growing problem that won't be solved with a few empty election focused words from Macron. Islam has embedded itself deeply in French society and the problem is impossible to resolve and Macron knows this well.

What France has become should serve as a warning to other countries such as ourselves but unfortunately i see no signs of our leaders wanting to go a different avenue.

ElJeffe wrote: »
    Islamic terrorism is a massive growing problem that won't be solved with a few empty election focused words from Macron.

It's a problem, but it's not a massive problem. The number of attacks over the last decade haven't been particularly "massive".
    Islam has embedded itself deeply in French society and the problem is impossible to resolve and Macron knows this well.

No, it hasn't.. because French society (for French people, and most other westerners) is still removed from the Islamic migrants, because integration has consistently failed to occur. The migrants and those who naturalised coming from Islamic nations, tend to create enclaves, and keep themselves separate from French society.

While there has been some absorbing of Muslims into French society, the actual impact is really low.. as are the numbers involved. In most French cities, or their suburbs, Muslims live together in Ghettos or enclaves, promoting their own culture and society, rather than involving themselves directly in French society/culture.
    What France has become should serve as a warning to other countries such as ourselves but unfortunately i see no signs of our leaders wanting to go a different avenue.

Sure, it should serve as a warning, as should Sweden, Denmark, the UK, etc.. but let's not go overboard here. Deportations, and greater regulations/monitoring of migrants would solve many of the current issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Sand wrote: »
    When you consider the reaction to the death of George Floyd it is shameful. British public figures still bow in veneration to an American BLM narrative. Meanwhile those British children at the Ariana Grande concert are completely forgotten about - no murals, no rioting, no kneeling gestures by sports teams, no demands for change. Just don't look back in anger, deescalate, demotivate and forget.

For some reason "don't kneel on my neck" is more catchy than "don't saw through my neck"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Sand wrote: »

Let alone the related scandal of tens of thousands of British girls being groomed and raped by ethnic gangs brought into the UK by the government. An estimated 19,000 girls still being groomed every year and no scandal. The official report into the scandal has been buried by the Johnson government - they're still afraid to release it. And no scandal. It seems ethnic grooming gangs are just part and parcel of living in the multicultural UK.

You know the UK is a deeply sick society when the death of a drug using convicted criminal in a foreign country is more unacceptable to that society than the murder and rape of their own children.

I got a laugh out of this, purely for the absurdity.

Holocaust museum opens exhibit on George Floyd's death

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Since 2006.. by my calculations there have been 104 Islamic Extremist terror attacks on or in the EU...

The attacks murdered a total of 363 people. Injured thousands of others.

In addition 43 terrorist attacks since 2000 have been uncovered and foiled by various police forces in and across the EU. Saving one would imagine, around a thousand lives minimum.

If THIS is the price of unfettered immigration EU style, is it worth it ?

Is it ok to help tens tens of thousands of people from outside our country and continent, but aware the price for that, or the reward is terrorism and deaths ?

If I was a betting man, and I had a grand spare lying around... and I was of the mind and PP would accept the bet, I’m saying... within the next decade there will be an Islamic extremist attack here... only take a handful of people with an evil mindset... not the many good and decent Muslim people who have made here home... just the odd nutsville extremist dipshît... you only need a handful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I was listening to a convo on UK radio the other day; Muslim caller (sounded like your average peaceful Muslim) said 'we had to cancel our religious occasions so you should cancel xmas'. Perhaps he was unaware that xmas is celebrated beyond religion in western society which he seems to be unaware of so his attitude was a little worrying if you ask me.

AllForIt wrote: »
    I was listening to a convo on UK radio the other day; Muslim caller (sounded like your average peaceful Muslim) said 'we had to cancel our religious occasions so you should cancel xmas'. Perhaps he was unaware that xmas is celebrated beyond religion in western society which he seems to be unaware of so his attitude was a little worrying if you ask me.

Bugger that. He's chosen to live in a western nation... he wasn't forced to be here.. so.. he can live elsewhere if he's unhappy. I see absolutely no reason to pander to this kind of rubbish... regardless of whether a festival/custom is religious or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭del_c

not yet wrote: »
    A good start would be stopping the billions of euro sent to these communities from Saudi. There is a programme to place to fund the building of Mosques around Europe, funded Saudi Arabia.

Who funds, arms and enables Saudi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Rolo2010

biko wrote: »
    One way to combat extremism is doing what Morocco does.
    I've heard their prayers are written centrally and distributed out to the mosques.
    There isn't much room for imams to go rogue.

Note, it doesn't always work. Where there is religion there is the possibility of terrible crimes.

A much greater possibility when it's Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

del_c wrote: »

:rolleyes: Is this the part where you blame the west for everything ?

Themselves? They've got the funds to buy military hardware, maintenance and training from anyone.. and have.

Even without the support of the US, SA looks after itself by buying equipment, from many foreign powers, including the UK, and Russia depending on who is organising the purchases. Anyway, if you look worldwide at the main customers of military hardware, most of them are doing it as a way to curry favor with the major powers..

The US supports SA.. so too does Britain.. but don't be foolish enough to believe that they wouldn't be still there without US support. They would have bought anything that wasn't given, and lets be fair here, the US never gives anything away for free. All equipment requires parts and training for users. And so far, SA has been able to pay... that might change in the future, and then, I wouldn't be too surprised to see the US withdraw it's support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

TomTomTim wrote: »
    I got a laugh out of this, purely for the absurdity.

Holocaust museum opens exhibit on George Floyd's death

Saint George meets Holocaustianity! I can't believe they combined two of my favourite things. It's like a comic book crossover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Bugger that. He's chosen to live in a western nation... he wasn't forced to be here.. so.. he can live elsewhere if he's unhappy. I see absolutely no reason to pander to this kind of rubbish... regardless of whether a festival/custom is religious or not.

The sad reality is that people will continue to cuck to these demands. This why Leftys in the US say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas now [notice how they haven't demanded that Christmas lose its Bank Holiday status though]

And Muslims wonder they're hated in the West now. Come to our Countries, leech off our benefits systems, contribute nothing of positive value to our societies, set up their own ethnostates [why haven't these areas been stripped of Govt funding and services?] and then demand we change everything about our Countries and culture to suit them.

Mod: Banned

• Advertisement

Saudi Arabia has plenty of rich oil fields.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    The sad reality is that people will continue to cuck to these demands. This why Leftys in the US say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas now [notice how they haven't demanded that Christmas lose its Bank Holiday status though

I dunno... I've been to the US twice, and I'm in no hurry ever to return. Oh my Gosh... Morons.
    And Muslims wonder they're hated in the West now. Come to our Countries, leech off our benefits systems, contribute nothing of positive value to our societies, set up their own ethnostates [why haven't these areas been stripped of Govt funding and services?] and then demand we change everything about our Countries and culture to suit them.

Except that, Muslims aren't 'hated' in the West. Even immigrants without employment aren't 'hated' in the West. I don't think most people think or care about Muslims because they have very little personal contact with them. And most of their demands for change, fly under the radar of most people...

The French government launched a “massive and unprecedented” wave of measures to combat what it calls religious “extremism”, targeting 76 mosques suspected of “separatism”.

Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin on Thursday tweeted his interview with RTL radio, writing: “In the coming days, checks will be carried out on these places of worship. If ever these doubts are confirmed, I will ask for their closure.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/12/3/france-76-mosques-face-closure-66-migrants-deported

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

biko wrote: »
    The French government launched a “massive and unprecedented” wave of measures to combat what it calls religious “extremism”, targeting 76 mosques suspected of “separatism”.

Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin on Thursday tweeted his interview with RTL radio, writing: “In the coming days, checks will be carried out on these places of worship. If ever these doubts are confirmed, I will ask for their closure.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/12/3/france-76-mosques-face-closure-66-migrants-deported

Excellent actions by the French root the extremists and hate that's preached in these mosques

Yes, it's sad that France seems to be pretty alone in this for now.
    Other PMs are probably biting their nails and seeing if there will be a popular backlash before they dare do something similar.
    Most politicians aren't very courageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

They must be really worried about le Pen now

Bambi wrote: »

She is catching up to him in the polls from the last time I checked. So Yes, alot of this stuff reeks of desperation and trying to hang on to power.

If he was genuine in his sick and tired of Islamic Jihadists attacking France on a regular basis he would be doing alot more than lip service to solve this issue once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

About time to root out the muslim rats nest, get with the programme or go back to the desert and the 12th century

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Bambi wrote: »

Absolutely and rightfully so. She has some very solid policies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Bambi wrote:

That's all it is and nothing else.

Desperation to stay in power. Would never have did it otherwise.

Let's see if the voters fall for it.

Advertisement