Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭jj880

The refresh of the battery is not to be sniffed at also.

Sold 2 and got 2 today. Guy in Smyths was giving a spiel about 6 month warranty which hes obviously told to say. I just said thanks and left.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Seeing that some of you got new controllers, what controllers do you currently have?

I have:

White, Galactic Purple, God of War Ragnarok and Starlight Blue controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I Have the white one, cosmic red and starlight blue. I am tempted to get rid of the white one as I have that since I got the ps5 but would of been the spare controller so hardly used and get 39 for it in cex and get the black controller for 45 in smyths. So that would mean I would have 3 new controllers less then a wk old then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I exchanged my two white controllers for two black controller's, im a simple man with simple needs😁

Traded in my white ps5 controller and my son's white 1 as well into Cex. We're the spare ones we got when getting PS5 so they were more or less brand new as hardly used. Cost 12 euro then to trade them into smyths to get midnight black one for myself and cosmic red for my son. So that's it now all controllers traded in so have all brand new ones less then a wk old. So battery /warranty etc. Will be better on them. If people have a CEX and smyths near them they should do the same. Now only thing is CEX will check your controller for drift stick etc but literally 15 seconds test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Traded in my black one, and brought in my old white one which, imo, had left stick drift but only slightly. Haven't used it since I got the Edge. He tested both and gave me €83 cash. I then got a new black one in Smyths. Pretty sure it's now matt, whereas the one I traded in was shiny. But it is an A model, so have the upgrade.

Now have the new black one and my Edge. I only need 2.

Wasnt aware of that. I got 2 x A models also nice. So newer models have stronger triggers and a different coloured component in the analogue sticks. Anyone ever find out if the different coloured component helps stop stick drift? I cant find anything that states this for sure.

That would be excellent as I did have some drift issues but thankfully within 12 month warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sweet, i didn't know about the ds upgrade! For anyone else wondering, Check the fcc id at the beach. The original model ends in 1, the upgraded model ends in A.

Yeah that's class I checked on YouTube as I didn't know what the A grade was. All mine were. Saying that I took a pic of the back of my son's white 1 he got at for Xmas before I traded it in and that was an A one as well. But that's really good to know about that now.

Just wondering in regards the 12 month warranty with Sony in the box with the controller. Does that only kick in when you connect it to the ps5 for the 1st time and it asks for an update? So if you technically only do that say in a years time as you may only be using 1 controller you could technically be in warranty for a few years as you might not use 2nd controller for a year or 2. Or am I completely wide of the mark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The warranty starts from the date of purchase unfortunately.

Ahhh was hoping it wasn't. Thanks for fast reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Is anyone having issues with network connectivity on their PS5? For the last few weeks it has given me nothing but trouble, both wired and WiFi. Have tried automatic DNS, manual DNS. Can take two/three restarts of the PS5 itself at times to work correctly. Doing my head in at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

PS5 beta firmware has some nice stuff in it.

The 3D audio that worked with headphones, now works with all Dolby atmos compatible speakers/TVs/ect.

SSDs upto 8TB

Can have party chats without needing to invite people to the groups or create a new one. bunch of other social stuff and tidying.

Can also assign 2 controllers to the one player for accessibility but can also see that being useful for other stuff too.

Assigning the second controller is an update mainly required for the proper remaster of Metal Gear Solid. Kids today won't have a clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But where will the Codec frequency be for the digital version?

I haven't played the others, but did any of them do anything similar to those 2 things?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I love my Playstation lights:

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Rockstar have some nerve charging 50e for what looks like a basic port of RDR. Hopefully it's more improved than it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Given their port of San Andreas, I'm not holding onto much hope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

White, Galactic Purple, God of War Ragnarok and Starlight Blue controllers.

Strangely, those are the four I have (picked up the Starlight Blue and replaced my White with a new one (using CEX for an indirect trade in - similarly changed my Series X black controller for XBox Starfield controller)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It's actually genuinely mind boggling.

It's a PS4/Switch port, in 2023, 3 years into the PS5 lifecycle. It's also outsourced to Double Eleven Studios so they're not doing any work themselves. I'm struggling to think how they thought after the shambles that was the GTA Definitive Edition that an untouched port of RDR to last gen consoles was a good idea especially when we've gotten fantasic remakes like Resident Evil in recent years. And still no PC release!

If for some reason anyone hasn't played the original RDR at least wait and buy it secondhand, that way Rockstar won't profit from another sale and I'm saying that as a diehard Rockstar fan.

I know all the Rockstar studios contribute to GTA as they're clearly very ambitious titles but there's no reason another one of their 10 studios couldn't work on a full remake of RDR. Rockstar San Diego developed Midtown Madness (as Angel Studios), Midnight Club and Red Dead Redemption. They're clearly talented enough to be left to their own devices.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

Anyone know the timeline on the current beta for general release, missed my spot and the Atmos integration sounds excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I'd say general release will be sometime in September. Betas usually go on for a few weeks

System software just updated by not Atmos option

Just realised it's not the general release of the aforementioned beta as there's no search function for games. Carry on

Is there any reason a per second download limit setting hasnt been added?

Was thinking a while back this would be handy to have. PS5 demolishes my network for all other devices when downloading.

I notice that myself, can't even watch crunchyroll when downloading sometimes. Makes the store run like crap too, with videos not loading. I'm still waiting for them to update it to automatically change to ethernet when detected. And XMB folders.

Unfortunately my Huawei hg658 router is not a V2 model where you can admin every mac address with its own bandwidth limit. My viewing of Happy Valley (great show) was derailed for 2 hours last night while an Apex Legends update downloaded for junior. Them feckers seem to like their massive updates. It could be argued its not the PS5's job to set its own bandwidth and anyone with such a caveman router should get with the times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Been playing Forbidden West with Atmos and it sounds amazing, when it was raining the sound was coming out the height speakers, very effective. Also it doesn't introduce lag like the Xbox, makes a massive difference.

Advertisement