Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

Is there any point to platinum or double platinum?

I rarely look at trophies etc except if its monetized like on xbox.

I suppose it could be monies worth from a game but some are so tedious like collectable or anything that removes immersion if done incorrectly (koruk seeds is the only one done well imo) , it would drain any fun out of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,625 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There's no point other than to boost your trophy count and rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I reckon I won't be ordering anything from smyths anytime soon again... No tracking on Fastway working, I don't know why they bother using this service it's possibly the worst Delivery Service, may not be the case in big cities however...

An Post would have had my package here yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Yea I got Alan Wake yesterday morning via DPD, it really is a lucky dip with Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Fly_away

Which PS5 games offer a genuine next gen experience?

I keep seeing Ratchet and Clank getting mentioned, but are there any others? Most PS5 games I've played to date just feel like a PS4 game with slightly better graphics and better loading times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,625 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

What's a genuine next gen experience in your mind? Have found it's a subjective definition depending on who you ask.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Slightly better graphics is pretty much all you can expect from a generational leap these days given graphics reached remarkable levels of fidelity a good decade back.

Better loading times is actually the best thing that has happened to console gaming in bloody ages though!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd say Returnal, though the gameplay loop isn't for everyone. But the haptic, 3d audio and adaptive triggers really add to the experience. The particle effects and colours are also at the top level of what would be found on PS4.

Demons Souls as well is sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Altho not a full game, for me Astrobot is the best example. As well as shiny graphics and smooth gameplay, the extra immersion it gives from fully utilising the new controller pushes it to the next level

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Demon Souls I think, 60fps in performance was great and the loading times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I posted a little while ago about revisiting Astrobot to get the platinum trophy, it's a great showcase of the controller and graphics to come. The downside is I imagine it was purpose built with Dual Sense in mind so I doubt many games will really take full advantage of the controller.

However, it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to implement some features. Alan wake has a half trigger press to shoot which was satisfying. I hear WRC9 has great haptics but I am yet to try it.

I can't say I cared too much for it in Miles Morales though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Playing the PS plus game this month Hell let loose they've got great use of the triggers.

The only UI you've got for ammo is how many clips/ammo you've got on you but not in the gun. When the gun is cocked the trigger has a hard stop point but if you're empty or you run out while holding it down it goes soft.

The haptic is very satisfying when you reload the grande and you get that ting from the clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Vampyr receives PS5 boost patch. Been in my backlog a while, might be good timing to play this Halloween

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/10/surprise-vampyr-patch-bites-back-with-boosted-ps5-performance

• Registered Users Posts: 29,630 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I loved that game so much. Very clever on how every NPC has a backstory, connected to each other and you can 'level them up' by completing their story board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

^From the blog;

This time out, we’ll be focusing on announcements and updates for upcoming third-party releases headed to PS5 and PS4.

The show is looking to be ~20 minutes or so, and will share new looks at previously announced games, plus a few reveals from our partners around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Friendly reminder to mute 'silent hill' on twitter then

• Registered Users Posts: 28,930 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I look forward to a 5-10 minute accolade trailer for Deathloop. DLC trailer may be included or separate.

Right trigger I think is borked, still works but not as resistant as the left so probably the spring, still works though so will get me through the weekend 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It actually would not surprise me if there was a long winded DLC trailer. Love how all the reviews were 10/10 while the game was conveniently being pushed heavily and once the game is out a lot of people weren't too impressed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Contact Playstation. I had two controllers repaired/ replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭jj880

I disabled the triggers on both my dual sense a while ago. Not worth the hassle.

Yeah will do it Tuesday, just can't be arsed at times 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 29,630 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got an email to entice me back to ps now for half price year sub, so 30 euro for 12 months. I have until 31st Oct to do it. Not a coffee, just a link that brings me straight to the discount purchase page. So keep an eye on your email if you were a previous subscriber.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Yeah I got that other wk. So I got it myself think it was the end of September. Was happy out as got Hell let Loose which was free this mth for ps5 owners. Its a class game, takes a bit of time to get use to it as you can die a lot when you 1st play it but you get better over time. Would highly recommend it to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

I just got this email too, but I'm 99% sure I was never subscribed to PS Now, even for a trial or whatever. Always had crap WiFi up until a year or 2 ago so wouldn't have signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 28,930 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And it said the offer was just for me. I don't feel as special now. 😟

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You can download a lot of the games now so the poor quality streaming isn't as much an issue.

Advertisement