Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

34 Days of back to back snooker begins today !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

90% long pot success, doesn't really get any better than this. Only surprise is robbo hasn't already wrapped this match up.

Zhou on the wobble again. Should have been done 6-2, instead lisowski a chance to force a decider.

Zhou gets it done with the assistance of some calamitous safety from lisowski. Like Jack but all round game doesn't seem to be developing and doubting it will anytime soon on this evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,361 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Zhou gets it done with the assistance of some calamitous safety from lisowski. Like Jack but all round game doesn't seem to be developing and doubting it will anytime soon on this evidence.

Looked him up there he is 29 and never won anything at all. 10 years a pro ranked 16 now - highest 11 last year.

All three ranking finals he lost, he lost well.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Looked him up there he is 29 and never won anything at all. 10 years a pro ranked 16 now - highest 11 last year.

All three ranking finals he lost, he lost well.

Yeah, it's funny cos he played and practised mostly with Judd and Judd took the big step up and he didn't. Has some serious health issues which probably set him back a couple of years to be fair to him, but needs to win something, even a minor tournament and step up to next level. Pre match interview on bbc today was very instructive, was very open and honest about the doubts he has about himself. A good coach wouldn't go amiss for a start!

• Advertisement

Whatever happens tonight; that was farkin awesome snooker from Kyren Wilson last night - He literally (well almost) just DID NOT MISS - notwithstanding the odd average positional shot. Never seen anything like it. He's gone way up in my estimation as a player. Don't think he missed a shot with the rest either; out of about 10 or so that I saw.

Hope he beats Trump tonight...

Met 6 times in 2020 and it's 3-3, Kyren winning the biggest one of the lot. Has no fear of Judd anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Trump continuing his fantastic form so far.

Not much kyren can do about this.

3-0 to judd while the two boys on the other table are still only on the colours in the first.

• Advertisement

Huge fluke there by Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭amens

Rothko wrote: »
    Huge fluke there by Wilson.

Crazy indeed. A different game from his last one.

He seems to have changed how he walks into the shot, still rather mechanical but not the complete robot he was until recently. All he needs now is to permanently wear a face mask so we don't see his face and have his interviews muted and he'll be a star.

Immense frame of snooker that. Pattern very similar to selby-robbo match, one player dominating but still close on the scoreboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

What are your views on Dale as a commentator?

I’ve been surprised that he’s grows on me. He doesn’t have a buttery voice but his patter is good and good at explaining his technical knowledge

They don't call Wilson "The Warrior" for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭amens

I’ve been surprised that he’s grows on me. He doesn’t have a buttery voice but his patter is good and good at explaining his technical knowledge

Is he commentating for Eurosport? Listening to Taylor and McManus here. Any lad that's still playing the game is okay.

Very good comeback by Wilson to equalise at 3-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I think he's excellent. His enthusiasm for the game comes across, and he reads the game really well.

Dom is fine as most of them are. Quite like Peter Lines when he's on too.

amens wrote: »
    Is he commentating for Eurosport? Listening to Taylor and McManus here. Any lad that's still playing the game is okay.

Yes. He’s on Eurosport. Seems to be the resident commentator at the moment. He’s always on one of the games. Not like bbc where they used to change the commentary team every mid session.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

None of the commentators on Eurosport me, I can't stand that presenter though, he really grates on me.

What red was judd even playing for with that blue? Very odd shot, played a couple like that tonight.

Terrific contest now. Not just Wilson's celebrated battling qualities, but he seems to have a knack of getting to judd and making him doubt himself. Has a real chance here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,361 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I am glued to this Wilson v Trump game. Anyone who missed it get the highlights.

Good contrast of styles with Judd's flamboyance.

Plus, I have a new found respect for Wilson. Cue ball control magic. I said a few 'Jayus's' out loud.

I am starting to think Wilson is John Higgins 2.0, and will get a good few world championships.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

How does that pink go in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Wilson didn't have to take on that cut on the red

Surely Trump will take the career ranking titles record at a canter?

Wilson got himself into a real good position but then coughed up his chances. Missed blue frame 9 will haunt him for days.

Perry had run Lu ragged in that safety exchange. And no matter how many mistakes Lu made, none of them left good opportunities for Perry. Then Perry missed a red and left it on and Lu could win the frame. Cruel game sometimes.

• Advertisement

Good to see two young Chinese players in the semis but I'd be extremely shocked if it isn't a Robertson vs Trump final in the end.

Advertisement