Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

34 Days of back to back snooker begins today !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Dave Hendon doesn't sound very enthused by the stalement tonight. I think it's great viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I thought we'd never see that red being potted.

Just like for Vafei earlier i feel Walden will be sick to lose that frame and to only be level at the interval. Vafei never really recovered. Lets see can Walden put it behind him and at least make a close fight of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Dave Hendon doesn't sound very enthused by the stalement tonight. I think it's great viewing.

Phil Studd. Dave is a class apart from him!

zuutroy wrote: »
    Phil Studd. Dave is a class apart from him!

Off all the commentators i find Studd and Hendon similiar voices. Cheers for clarifying it anyway.

• Advertisement

Nicely cleared by Walden who has come out after the interval and opened up a two frame lead. Mark Williams looks a little subdued.

Off all the commentators i find Studd and Hendon similiar voices. Cheers for clarifying it anyway.

Same :)

If we saw them more often; it might be easier to put a name to their voice/s.. Very confusing indeed

Hopefully this is the last time we'll see Williams with that grubby beard. Not looking good for him here. Hard to see him win four on the spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Just listen to the Snooker Scene podcast and you'll tell the difference quick enough!

Bit of a liberty taken there by Walden with that long odds plant. A low percentage shot that looks like losing him the frame.

• Advertisement

The Amazing Bogdan would be proved of that Williams special!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Excellent break from Williams to win that frame, he seems to have found some rhythm

Very careless from Williams in not getting that simple snooker behind the yellow. Gave Walden a little bit of breathing space.

Seems like we'll have another stalemate here.

Don't remember Walden chewing gum when playing before. Or any other player. He's chewing like mad and it's a little off putting.

Decider! It's all gone wrong for Walden since that silly plant when 5-2 ahead. Will the snooker gods come back to haunt him?

You’d have to have Williams as a favourite for this decider

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Very impressed with this Pang Junxu here, top notch break to beat maguire in a decider. Loads of bottle and already beaten hawkins and allen this season. Another decent scalp to add to the list.

Well done to Pang too. It's good to see another young player take a huge scalp.

Dont agree with Jie Johnson about Walden going for that red on the cushion. It wasn't easy pot as he said and certainly wasn't easy to get on the black. Imo he was right to refuse it.

• Advertisement

Unlucky for Mark there when the white hit off the jaw of the middle pocket.

Dont agree with Jie Johnson about Walden going for that red on the cushion. It wasn't easy pot as he said and certainly wasn't easy to get on the black. Imo he was right to refuse it.

Yeah, I agree. I think he made the right call.

It’s Waldons to lose from here

Williams didn't get a sniff of a chance in the decider. Big win for Walden but i wouldn't give him much of a chance against Judd on that form.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,363 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Beard hindered Williams cue action?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I see the guy that beat Doherty has made it to the last 16. He must be a decent player.

Glenman wrote: »
    I see the guy that beat Doherty has made it to the last 16. He must be a decent player.

Certainly catching the eye on his last few performances. This is his second go on the tour and maybe starting to fulfil his potential. Hard to know, interesting anyway. Thought ken had his measure in that match at 4-2, it was quite cagey and tactical up to that point, but then Lu took command and won it convincingly.

Tough match for robertson here. McGill looking for masters qualification so has huge motivation here. Looking strong early anyway.

Very good match so far

• Advertisement

McGill seems to have a habit of leaving those reds right on the pocket.

Advertisement