Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

34 Days of back to back snooker begins today !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ding heading out so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Great break this from Grace under big pressure. Quite a few tricky shots. The years first major casualty is last years champion!

Well done David Grace

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Deserved win. Bringing back memories of his run to the semi here a few years back. Has been playing decent stuff this season to be fair to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Ding with the mask on before the pink to clinch the match has even dropped into the pocket. Tiniest bit disrespectful there maybe. Ding’s game miles off at the moment.

• Advertisement

For all Ding's talent the glaring ommission on his CV is the World Championship and even only reaching a solitary final is a very poor return.

Tight match here - 5 apiece - between the two Chinese (both top 16) , and they're showing a repeat of the Robertson match on Eurosport :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Tight match here - 5 apiece - between the two Chinese (both top 16) , and they're showing a repeat of the Robertson match on Eurosport :(

:confused: Zifan is a long way from the top 16. Seems Eurosport just aren't allowed show matches if the one they are covering finishes early.

zuutroy wrote: »
    :confused: Zifan is a long way from the top 16. Seems Eurosport just aren't allowed show matches if the one they are covering finishes early.

:pac: Well, he won anyway... I saw 11 to the left of his name on the livescore screen (best of 11 presumably :o) .... Think he's ranked 78th, or thereabouts..

Thanks for setting me straight Z :)

Couldn't resist the 15/2 on Double G Gerard Greene to beat the Scottish number 1 :D

• Advertisement

Gwan Dom

Playing well so far Dale, and gets on the board first, given Trump something to think about,,

Laid a nice snooka there,, Gwan Dom

Fancy Dale could give him a game here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Dale needs to play no miss snooker. I'd love to see it, but i don't think he's capable of it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Hasn't played a good shot since I posted that!

^^^^

:D

SPACEMAN!

Don't know why they were slagging off the intro music earlier on - I personally think "Bulletproof" by La Roux is a bangin 'choon' :pac: Fun fact - June Ackland from The Bill is La Roux's (female lead singer) mum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Gilbert 1-3 Milkins.

Milkins knocks in a 117, then follows up with a 103. In frame 4 Gilbert did something I have never seen a professional snooker player do before. Wobbles the cue ball in one of the black ball pockets from the break off.

• Advertisement

The table looks class on the Eurosport HD. Trump sending Dominick into outer space here!

Judd shpuld have wrapped it up 6-1 only for that kick on the black. To be fair to the Spaceman he has put two impressive frames back to back to reduce the arrears to 5-3.

Bit sick for Dale there. Clearing up to go 5-4 and looking in good form only to miscue in the most bizarre fashion and that was all she wrote.

Just heard Murray say "We always put 'live snooker' ahead of any chat." :mad: What a sickener - I'd prefer 'live snooker' or any 'chat' far more than some bloody repeat from earlier on :rolleyes:

And Judd marches on - little purple patch from Dale just delaying the inevitable.

Reckon they'll soon go back to the chat when Judd's finished with the Beeb :rolleyes:

I do like the UK always on in late November into December. Second only to Sheffield for me.

Given the Friday rest day, I'd like to see them use that day, and then bring the final back to two days best of 31.

The semis would then move to Friday best of 17 across two sessions and using the two tv tables.

Leaving the rest of the tournament as is at best of 11.

It would be good to see the longer matches as we saw some cracking long matches at Sheffield this year. And differentiate this tournament from all the others with finals that are best of 17.

Just heard Murray say "We always put 'live snooker' ahead of any chat." :mad: What a sickener - I'd prefer 'live snooker' or any 'chat' far more than some bloody repeat from earlier on :rolleyes:

And Judd marches on - little purple patch from Dale just delaying the inevitable.

Reckon they'll soon go back to the chat when Judd's finished with the Beeb :rolleyes:

Maybe they'll show this match through to it's conclusion before they show the Trump interview. At least there's that - won't be holding my breath though...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I do like the UK always on in late November into December. Second only to Sheffield for me.

Given the Friday rest day, I'd like to see them use that day, and then bring the final back to two days best of 31.

The semis would then move to Friday best of 17 across two sessions and using the two tv tables.

Leaving the rest of the tournament as is at best of 11.

It would be good to see the longer matches as we saw some cracking long matches at Sheffield this year. And differentiate this tournament from all the others with finals that are best of 17.

If only... It's not distinctive enough from other tournaments for me. I'd like it to go back to exactly how it was in the (glory) days, BO17 from last 32. Don't see it happening anytime soon, though. Don't think the bbc wants it.

So far the tv games have been very one sided. I presume tomorrow at 13.00 we will see Ronnie against Ursenbacher. I liked watching the Swiss when i saw him play as he's a lovely cue action so look forward to a pretty free flowing match.

Other games at 13.00 i'd like would be Jamie Clarke v Kurt Mafflin and a real old tear up between Mark King and Graham Dott.

Then at 19.00 the pick of the bunch for me is Sunni Akani v Mark Williams.

A good days snooker ahead.

Eurosport have been brilliant the past 5 years for snooker so I'll always cut them some slack.

• Advertisement

The arguement seems to be that there is a risk of matches finishing early. But how many finals are a blow out these days. We haven't seen a World Championship semi final or final finish with a session to spare for some time now.

Besides other parts of the BBC2 audience would be only too happy if the odd final finished early and they got some time back from the snooker.

Advertisement