Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There is a generation that has not grown up with .......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Does it do any good now?

I've absolutely no idea! Can't imagine it does though.

I suppose the alternative of a thumb dipped in whiskey can still be used!

(No children in my life, and as I'm rapidly hurtling towards 50, that boat has sailed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Spitting on bands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Spitting on bands

Cant see that one coming back anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The non-PC early Tom and Jerry cartoons. Thomas!

Gerry Ryan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Status Quo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Thin Lizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Decent guests on the Late Late Late Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Quantum Leap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The Houndcats and the Barkleys on video

• Advertisement

Quantum Leap.
    Oh Boy! I think they were talking about bringing it back. It was a great concept for a show.

Oh Boy! I think they were talking about bringing it back. It was a great concept for a show.

It might work, I must try to catch up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Decent guests on the Late Late Late Show.

When the LLS actually mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

carbsy wrote: »
    Typing in endless hours of code from VIC20 magazine just to see a stick man move across the screen.

Or hitting return to find out that you missing a single letter in the code and the damn thing wouldn't run.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭TinCanMan

Black & White TV. I remember being gobsmacked when we got our first colour one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

Brass weighing scales used to weigh really bad hash.....

Buying sweets in quarter pound increments.

Sam Fox or Linda Lusardi on the front of the Sunday World

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Talking to a stranger at a bus stop or a music festival cause you can't find your friends and don't have head buried in a phone.

Enjoying Clara Lara fun Park before they needed to bring in strict health and safety cause people sueing for injuring themselves being stupid.

Running around half built housing estates, running up stairs of half built houses. Same reason above.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

A plastic basin in the kitchen sink

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »

We still have one of them, easier to get rid of peelings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I remember bringing empty lemonade bottles back to the shop and getting your deposit back. Halfpenny usually. If you came upon one when out and about..... WooHoo....

Collecting wax chewing gum wrappers.......when you got the set you sent them off for a free camera or football. There was always one wrapper that was almost impossible to get. Someone came upon a shop in Ringsend that always had the rare ones. We had many pilgrimages to that shop.......and sore jaws.

https://www.adverts.ie/memorabilia/treasure-trail-wax-gum-wrapper-meerut-street-scene/14164418

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    The old tin one in your granny's scullery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Boiling water on the stove.

Does anyone not use an electric kettle now a days?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

If cooking pasta, I'll boil the water on the hob from cold. A lot of people boil the required amount in the kettle and then pour it into the saucepan. I prefer the other method.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

My uncle still has a large pot of hot water in the range for washing purposes. He uses a kettle on the has hob to boil water for the tae.
    Doesn't possess an electric kettle, and no desire for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Worrying about eating a sweet within three hours of taking Communion. Not sure if this was a venial sin or a mortaler.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Talking to a stranger at a bus stop or a music festival cause you can't find your friends and don't have head buried in a phone.

Enjoying Clara Lara fun Park before they needed to bring in strict health and safety cause people sueing for injuring themselves being stupid.

My brother injured himself quite badly in the mid eighties in the park due to their complete lack of basic health and safety. He spent a summer in hospital because of it and it was not down to his messing.

There was no suing back then. The owner seen that his hospital bills were taken care of and that he wanted for nothing when Christmas came around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Worrying about eating a sweet within three hours of taking Communion. Not sure if this was a venial sin or a mortaler.....

You'd need to ask your dentist about that one.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Running around half built housing estates, running up stairs of half built houses. Same reason above.

That was great fun. It was great to explore half built houses - we never did any damage, just a look around was the thrill.

Simpler times.

Advertisement