Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tams less grant on slurry tanker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭DBK1

E mac wrote: »
    Was looking at a Conor 2250 with trailing shoe. Waiting time would be 9 months.
    There’s a dealer near us that always keeps a few with trailing shoes in stock. They’d normally be 2500 or 2750 gallon but there wouldn’t be a massive difference in 2250 and 2500. If you want to PM me I’ll give you his details.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,389 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Never realised ye were so close Reggie ,nice of him to buy u a rank !!!

I'm as close to that fella as you are J

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oneten

lab man wrote: »
    The draw bar on major thanks are too deep if you drop the arms down you'll break the quick release clips for the linkage arms too high and you'll catch the driveshaft a cousin had one sold it within a few years

yep, proper c**t of a drawbar.
    but travels nice on a bumpy road

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

oneten wrote: »
    yep, proper c**t of a drawbar.
    but travels nice on a bumpy road

How in the hell are they selling so many tanks with that sort of a problem.
    Does it affect all makes of tractors probably ?
    Good info to know if you were buying!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭straight

westlander wrote: »

Most Important thing is that it's strong. The arms get caught on all drawbars/PTO's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Only peace you'll have it to unhook the arms off altogether.

That's wat he was doing and he said hed no longer have them tied up when hed have to change them back down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Yes it does

lab man wrote: »
    Yes it does
    Have an old abbey here and arms are down always
    Touch wood never have forgotten to not drop the arms but the head is getting older :)

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭mengele

I just lock the arms out towards the wheels of the tractor and keep them up. Never had any problems with them hitting the pto.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Problems start when it's borrowed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Yes the Major drawbar is very bulky. Forget about arms down unless they go low enough to touch the ground. Up is just about manageable but on any bit of a slope it will touch the pto shaft cover. For big jobs you could do something with the arms to get them up out of the way if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Gillespy wrote: »
    Yes the Major drawbar is very bulky. Forget about arms down unless they go low enough to touch the ground. Up is just about manageable but on any bit of a slope it will touch the pto shaft cover. For big jobs you could do something with the arms to get them up out of the way if possible.

Hate them down, if your on humpy ground and turning at same time, u could catch arm against draw bar, drive shaft would be more forgiven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭older by the day

First thing I did was cracked the two holders off the side arms on my first load. Why am I so arkward. Using a vice grips to get the balls out the last ten years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Jb1989

First thing I did was cracked the two holders off the side arms on my first load. Why am I so arkward. Using a vice grips to get the balls out the last ten years

The balls should weeve out with out vice grips if you turn the ball into the hook and then flip ball up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

For tank work i just take out the pin at the bottom of lift rods and put through under the arm instead of through it.lifts the ends out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭minerleague

K.G. wrote: »
    For tank work i just take out the pin at the bottom of lift rods and put through under the arm instead of through it.lifts the ends out of the way.

neighbour puts lift rod ends into the ball end of the lift arms

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

Just welded on bit of pin with hole for clip

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Omallep2

Jb1989 wrote: »
    The balls should weeve out with out vice grips if you turn the ball into the hook and then flip ball up.

And lube!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Shannonside galvanising is where a lot of tanks inc major used to get done. As for the north I doubt they would come all the way down to Limerick ?

https://shannonsidegalv.com/galvanizing

Btw good vid and major guy in vid

They actually do,slurryquip do ...it's 500 extra for them down to haulage obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Major with its big heavy drawbar is a good candidate for a hydraulic vaccum pump.

• Advertisement

Are any dribble bars bolted onto chassis rather than just hanging off the back doors on new tanks?

mengele wrote: »
    Are any dribble bars bolted onto chassis rather than just hanging off the back doors on new tanks?

Slurryquip, cross and grass tech to name a few all are chassis mounted

Slurryquip, cross and grass tech to name a few all are chassis mounted

Are these a better job long term I wonder?

mengele wrote: »
    Are these a better job long term I wonder?

I think they would have to be. Even Mastek now have an option of mounting their dribble bar on a frame instead of the back door.

I was very interested in the slurryquip one because it’s so neat and it has 50 mill pipes and chassis mounted. Nearly everyone that has one speaks very highly of them. I have only heard of one complaint and that was the brackets that mount the db onto the tank started bending and am not sure if this has been rectified.
    I think after a lot of road work this can happen. Only heard this from one person who put a comment on the slurryquip page and it was taken down. I’m sure they will rectify that as they seem very on the ball.

I'm looking for a 2000 gallon galvanised tank with dribble bar. There's a lot of choice out there any recommendations? Just a farmer and for my own use only. S&M, major, conor, redrock, abbey, belvac, any others?

I'm looking for a 2000 gallon galvanised tank with dribble bar. There's a lot of choice out there any recommendations? Just a farmer and for my own use only. S&M, major, conor, redrock, abbey, belvac, any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭Grueller

Slurryquip, hispec, nc and grass technology.

Grueller wrote: »
    Slurryquip, hispec, nc and grass technology.

Meant to say I'd prefer a dribble bar not hanging off the back door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭Grueller

straight wrote: »
    Meant to say I'd prefer a dribble bar not hanging off the back door.

I thought that grass technology was chassis mounted. I am grant approved for a tank and dribble bar but am not sure that I am going to purchase. I plan on researching them over the next while.

• Advertisement

Grueller wrote: »
    I thought that grass technology was chassis mounted. I am grant approved for a tank and dribble bar but am not sure that I am going to purchase. I plan on researching them over the next while.

I don't know. I'm the same situation as you.

Advertisement