Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tams less grant on slurry tanker

Options
  • 13-11-2020 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭

Just asking for a friend- how long does it usually take for payment once all paperwork is submitted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

stanflt wrote: »
    Just asking for a friend- how long does it usually take for payment once all paperwork is submitted

"A friend" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

It's been a couple of years now so I might be remembering wrong but I think it was about a month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

A neighbour of mine bought one with the band spreader at the start of the year and didn’t use it yet as he gets a contractor, there must be some grant for it, it cost 35k.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭pms7

Got ours in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭mengele

What make tankers are most people getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭straight

Will the prices of the tanks drop once the grants end? When do the grants end?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭alps

straight wrote: »
    Will the prices of the tanks drop once the grants end? When do the grants end?

Grant's may not be available to derogation farmers and those over exporting slurry 170kg from the end of the year....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

alps wrote: »
    Grant's may not be available to derogation farmers and those over exporting slurry 170kg from the end of the year....

Where did you see that?

simx wrote: »
    Where did you see that?

I heard that too. You can't get a grant for something that is compulsory. Doesn't make sense to me. I was against buying a new tank with dribble bar but I am considering it now. New tank will do me 20 years. It's hard to get the contractors when you want them. Am looking into 2000 gallon with dribble bar that is not hanging off the back door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭alps

After running with contractors for a couple of years, there's quiet a few guys contemplating buying themselves as contractors not available when required. On top of that, contractors are so busy that they keep.spreading regardless of weather conditions. No good..

Removal of this grant is just so anti green principles.

You probably still have a chance to apply, although some advisors say purchase needs to be completed by April 1st...not sure that's possible

• Advertisement

Ordered tank in Nov 2019,
    20-25 weeks delivery,
    still waiting..

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭mengele

pms7 wrote: »
    20-25 weeks delivery,
    still waiting..

What brand tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

20-25 weeks delivery,
    still waiting..

Must be a Conor if I was to guess? :)
    Some waiting list but good tanks

20-25 weeks delivery,
    still waiting..

Jaysus

westlander wrote: »
    Must be a Conor if I was to guess? :)
    Some waiting list but good tanks

I think I'd like a galvanised major myself with a mastek dribble bar but I've done no real looking at them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭stanflt

I think I'd like a galvanised major myself with a mastek dribble bar but I've done no real looking at them yet.

My friend bought the galvanised while the cousin bought the dribble bar

My friend bought the galvanised while the cousin bought the dribble bar

Oh he got it on the abbey

My friend got the galvanised

My friend got the galvanised
    Is he happy with it ?
    Any pros/cons?

westlander wrote: »
    Is he happy with it ?
    Any pros/cons?

Not really as he had to buy it as he was in derogation- price wise it’s a complete rip off when you think the last tanker bought was a belmac2100 for only 8250 incl vat- that figure was roughly what the vat alone cost on the new tanker

• Advertisement

mengele wrote: »
    What brand tank?
    OBE in N Ir
    Covid lockdown did cause few months delay when galvanizers closed down. It was just due to go when they closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

The draw bar on major thanks are too deep if you drop the arms down you'll break the quick release clips for the linkage arms too high and you'll catch the driveshaft a cousin had one sold it within a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭Grueller

I like the look of the grass technology tanks. Seem well built.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Not a fan of those high bars on the back. I remember seeing one manufacturer had put out a double hinged dribble bar - those other ones would get smashed on overhanging trees or shed doors down here.

Grueller wrote: »
    I like the look of the grass technology tanks. Seem well built.

Nice alright but 40 mill pipes on db might be a bit small ...
    Decent looking tank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Jb1989

lab man wrote: »
    The draw bar on major thanks are too deep if you drop the arms down you'll break the quick release clips for the linkage arms too high and you'll catch the driveshaft a cousin had one sold it within a few years

Only peace you'll have it to unhook the arms off altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Was looking at a Conor 2250 with trailing shoe. Waiting time would be 9 months.

OBE in N Ir
    Covid lockdown did cause few months delay when galvanizers closed down. It was just due to go when they closed.

Shannonside galvanising is where a lot of tanks inc major used to get done. As for the north I doubt they would come all the way down to Limerick ?

https://shannonsidegalv.com/galvanizing

Btw good vid and major guy in vid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭White Clover

lab man wrote: »

I have a major tank here. An acquaintance has same tank and similar tractor (next model up but same back end). His arms are mangled as you describe while mine are perfect. The only difference is I screw up the drop arms on mine, they clear the pto shaft with ease then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,118 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Reggie. wrote: »
    "A friend" :rolleyes:

Never realised ye were so close Reggie ,nice of him to buy u a rank !!!

Advertisement