Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate the clock change. I want more light in the evening

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I don't know why we can't put the clocks back one hour in the mornings and then forward again in the evenings. That would give us an extra hour of brightness every day.

Alternatively, we could just keep putting them back every hour, like there's no tomorrow, thus ensuring that there would be no tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Can we just pick a version and stick with it, the changing is a pain in the backside.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

or garlic

Actually like garlic, or maybe I should say garlic mayo or garlic butter. Don't like blood, so can't be a vampire. Troll maybe. And not the literary one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,960 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Can we just pick a version and stick with it, the changing is a pain in the backside.

I find the change almost imperceptible.

Poor Spud in Trainspotting. Now he was screwed by the change

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

md23040 wrote: »
    Attached is sun rise and sun set for Donegal and this is the darkest place in Europe for mornings because its the furthest West and far North.

:

No it isn't.
    You really can't think of anywhere in Europe further North than Donegal?

Without even going to the North of Scandinavia or Iceland, I can quickly see that sunrise in Donegal is 25 minutes before Oslo around the time of the winter solstice.

So Irish to think their home is darker than anywhere else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Either way daylight is lost in the winter time. Come December 21st there will be approximately 8 hours of daylight from 8.15am to 4.15pm.

I lived a decade in Orkney and there there is barely 4 hours of light in midwinter. Coming to Ireland in a February was amazing.

Then they get to play golf at midnight in summer!

• Site Banned Posts: 20 Tommy Bin Laden

I have to be up early for work so I appreciate the time change. It's much easier to get out of bed when it's brighter out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

.anon. wrote: »
    I don't know why we can't put the clocks back one hour in the mornings and then forward again in the evenings. That would give us an extra hour of brightness every day.

Alternatively, we could just keep putting them back every hour, like there's no tomorrow, thus ensuring that there would be no tomorrow.
    This 100%.

We need to stop time effective immediately and I will be relentlessly lobbying my politicians regarding this issue until it is sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

You people need to start working from home, it’s no longer relevant what time it is.

Advertisement