Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Walrus: LeVar Goes to the Pictures: The Reveal

Options
  • 09-11-2020 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

I've been super busy watching about four to five movies every day since last Saturday. Still have 8 left to watch, but even if I take my foot off the gas now, should be good to go for a grand reveal this weekend, and still have plenty of time to tidy up reviews and get other finnicky things like scoreboards and the like done.

As long as I'm not stepping on anyone else's toes, my plan is to reveal the first two rounds on Friday evening (the 13th, perfect day for a Horror Movie reveal, swiftly followed by some Comedies to calm the nerves again before bed), and the final two rounds on Saturday evening (the 14th, when things get serious and intellectual with some hard hitting Documentaries, before winding down in style with some Epic Soundtracks).

giphy.gif

A reminder of all the categories...

1. The Horror ; I don't scare easy, but I love a good Horror, Slasher or Teen Scream all the same, so that's all I want here, something that will hopefully have me cowering behind the couch and jumping at every little sound for days after, or at the very least sitting at the edge of my seat shouting angrily at the stupidity of the characters on screen.

2. The Comedy ; I'm sure I've probably mentioned my four years working as a Stand-Up Comedian (back in my early-mid twenties) here before, so needless to say I enjoy a good laugh, so hit me with your favourite comedy films for this one.

3. The Documentary ; I'm a sucker for a true (and often unbelievable) story, so documentaries tend to go down well with me, yet are often the hardest to get recommendations on, so show me what you got.

4. The Great Film with a Killer Soundtrack ; so in this one I'll be ranking both the overall film (the story, the acting, etc.) and the soundtrack, so there'll be more points on offer here than in the other categories (UPDATE: I've since thought of a better way to grade this one, and it'll actually be the same amount of points as every other category, but they'll be aggregated differently and in a more unique way than I had intended). I definitely think an epic soundtrack can elevate a lackluster film and vice versa, but I really want the best of the best here, so both aspects should be great as far as you're concerned and I'm sure I'll definitely be disagreeing heartily with some of them, such is the fun of Walrus... :D

giphy.gif

This is probably as good a time as any to announce that I won't be holding back in my reviews, please remember that it's just my opinion, and please don't take any of the harsh commentary of the film I didn't like to heart... don't be offended by some randomer on the interwebs. If you do get offended after I've said not to, then that's on you my friend for putting forward a f**king terrible film anyway ;)

So be here (hopefully) Friday the 13th of November @ 7pm for the Big Big Double Feature Movie Walrus Premiere

Comments

Advertisement