Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been flashed?

Options
  • 06-11-2020 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭

Only once for me.
    Was touring a palace in Bangkok.
    Turned a corner and a Thai man flashed me.
    Dreadful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Holy crap.
    Just googled the palace.
    It's called "Phra Borom Maha Ratcha Wang"
    Maybe he worked there.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Yup. Speed camera up ahead. Was quite thankful

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not as often as I'd like, and definitely would prefer if more women were to do it. The power ye have...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Yeah, once in France and once in Barcelona.

I think the one in Barcelona was a 'lady of the night' flaunting here 'wares'.

The one in France was at a festival. I had my camera out and two girls behind me called for me to take their photo. I obliged. Sometime between the focus light and the flash going off they pulled there tops up to reveal their chesticles. That was fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

Not flashed but I wish they’d stop the carry on in the dunes in Dollymount, do whatever you like but please do it away from the walking trail.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

iamstop wrote: »
    Yeah, once in France and once in Barcelona.

I think the one in Barcelona was a 'lady of the night' flaunting here 'wares'.

The one in France was at a festival. I had my camera out and two girls behind me called for me to take their photo. I obliged. Sometime between the focus light and the flash going off they pulled there tops up to reveal their chesticles. That was fun.
    Post said pic please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

Twice a few years ago in Cork by a guy “at full tilt.” This just happened when I was walking down a street. I’m guy btw and gave the gardai a call about him, as it was just really, really weird behaviour. He seemed a bit off his face on something tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

ye got a flash today from a uncoming vehicle to warn me about speedvan ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

I'd go blind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Yeah once when I was about 12 in the toilets in the Crescent shopping centre in Limerick. Aul fella, I just ran out the door as fast as I could, thought nothing of it at the time.

Loads of times when I worked security in pubs and clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Once by two women in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Once when I was driving a truck near Kildare town on the old Cork rd before the motorway was built. Lost control of the truck and went out through a bridge and down onto the railway tracks into the path of an oncoming train.
    The 2 ones that were flashing me then ran down the embankment to flag down the train. He sped up for a closer look before he slowed down.
    Or wait, I read the background story after I was stuck in traffic jams commuting to Dublin for the next 6 months all because some lad couldn't keep her between the ditches when he saw God's comfort representatives on Earth.
    True story. Mostly

I was around 19/20. Waiting for a bus in Dublin, a guy walking through the supermarket carpark behind the bus stop, flashed me as I was idly watching him walk by. I burst out laughing. I couldn't stop, thought it was hilarious. Had to attempt to explain to the other people in the bus shelter, that I hadn't just got mad. They didn't see the funny side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

saabsaab wrote: »
    Once by two women in Spain.

Lookers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Loads of times. Once walking down the street in broad daylight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Lynn Door

Once on a school tour. Bus was stopped in a bus station. We were all laughing/dancing/messing on the bus. Screaming started as a stereotypical man in a trenchcoat flashed. Guards asked if his penis was erect. We didnt even know what a penis was!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Lynn Door wrote: »
    Once on a school tour. Bus was stopped in a bus station. We were all laughing/dancing/messing on the bus. Screaming started as a stereotypical man in a trenchcoat flashed. Guards asked if his penis was erect. We didnt even know what a penis was!?

I shouldn't have laughed, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Loads of times. Once walking down the street in broad daylight.

Your so lucky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Yeah once when I was about 12 in the toilets in the Crescent shopping centre in Limerick. Aul fella, I just ran out the door as fast as I could, thought nothing of it at the time.

You obviously thought about it when you signed up to Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Your so lucky

It wasn't an enjoyable thing to happen. It's basically intimidating a woman on her own walking down the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Lookers?

Yes, in a kind of tarty way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

My mother encountered a flasher when she was a teenager. She was walking along a country road with her best friend when a car pulled up alongside them. The driver rolled down his window and asked for directions. His trousers were around his ankles and he was... ahem... "at himself" (**** his cock, I suspect). They were both very innocent and had never seen a naked man before. My mother was upset - not scarred-for-life or anything, just a bit frightened and disturbed. Threatened, even. Her friend, on the other hand, couldn't stop laughing and went around telling everyone what they had seen. For weeks afterwards, she'd burst out laughing every time she thought about it.

It's amazing how two people, same age, similar background, could witness the exact same thing and have such wildly different reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭garyskeepers

if anyone has any good 'high flashing' areas please let me know.. Asking for a friend

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

if anyone has any good 'high flashing' areas please let me know.. Asking for a friend
    I find the best area to flash is my crotch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

One who resides in Bray Head, was off the radar for a number of years. Came back spectacularly this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Thought this would have pretty much died out along with saddle sniffing and stealing knickers off a clothesline. Presumed most perverts had moved online at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

At a Pink gig in Malahide (i think?)

Went to loo, and it was a weird circular urinal, which meant everyone was standing around in a circle, across from each other while peeing.
    A guy was stroking his erect mutton dagger across from me...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

yeah, years ago I go off the bus with my oldest who was about 4 a man very young, was standing in a gap in a wall that surrounds a wood near when I use to live all he has on was a denim jacket and shoes he was naked other than that got the fright of my life. He was obviously waiting for passers-by.

What do they get out of it?

Advertisement