Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post mobile €15 for everything

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,501 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

DopeTech wrote: »
    Try 48, you might be tempted to stay with them!

I was with 48 for years when they first launched, and it was fine for me. A family member who would be a heavy phone user is still with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I was with 48 for years when they first launched, and it was fine for me. A family member who would be a heavy phone user is still with them.

Yes, apart from not being able to text some free competitions(50100,50400) I've seen no difference between this and my work sim from 3. My speeds and signal at least have been identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Strange indeed. If u really want to stay, then port to a free eir and port back. But not nice customer care

I got my SIM in the post. In fairness, the dispatch email does state what to do when you receive the SIM.

Rang customer care, answered in about 5 mins. Nice lady took my details and did the port.

As expected, excellent reception/coverage. Data speeds are indeed not the same as vodafone but I am pulling 30Mb when VF might be 50Mb.
    I had to add the APN manually. I gather from the agent that this issue will always happen on first use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I had to add the APN manually. I gather from the agent that this issue will always happen on first use.

If you delete the APN and then select 'Reset to Default', does it set APN correctly or just do nothing?

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    If you delete the APN and then select 'Reset to Default', does it set APN correctly or just do nothing?

It goes back to the 2 vodafone ones strangely (neither of which works in case anyone is wondering). Postmobile one disappears

It goes back to the 2 vodafone ones strangely (neither of which works in case anyone is wondering). Postmobile one disappears

Maybe it's retained in settings if a Vodafone SIM was used in the phone before.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭bronkobilly

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Maybe it's retained in settings if a Vodafone SIM was used in the phone before.

put postmobile sim in one handset comes up vodafone put the sim in another handset comes up vodafone i think its the phone not the sim

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

put postmobile sim in one handset comes up vodafone put the sim in another handset comes up vodafone i think its the phone not the sim
    That'll happen in Huawei handsets anyway.

Only thing I am noticing is very high ping times, 70ms generally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Have they improved the online account portal any? Was with them up until switching to GoMo last year and the customer portal was some white-label vodafone thrash. Not that it matters much with a PAYG plan but still quite poor.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Der863

TheDriver wrote: »

I have the same problem after porting from Vodafone to Post Mobile yesterday. Vodafone's Internet APN is locked and I'm experiencing very high ping times when using the Post Mobile APN. I'm in an area with full 4g coverage and I'm getting around 0.5 Mbps. Not usual for the Vodafone network. I'm using a Google phone if that makes any difference hopefully there is a work around this

Online portal is grand. Wouldn't say it resembles anything from vodafone but shows usage and ability to topup/auto top up.

It's good except for the very high ping times.

For people who can't change plans, I have the option on my portal to change plans to one of the older ones. Is this available for you to change to the newer plan?

For people who can't change plans, I have the option on my portal to change plans to one of the older ones. Is this available for you to change to the newer plan?

Worth a try, but not for me. Only the same price plans are available to select.

533631.jpg

Worth a try, but not for me. Only the same price plans are available to select.

533631.jpg

On my dashboard, the 15 is on left and I can choose the talk and text 20 or all you need 20.

On my dashboard, the 15 is on left and I can choose the talk and text 20 or all you need 20.

Looks like they've implemented a rule to allow you to move from cheaper to dearer, but not other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭bronkobilly

Looks like they've implemented a rule to allow you to move from cheaper to dearer, but not other way round.

its 15 euro a month for all calls texts and data on pay as u go for new customers if u are a or ready with post mobile and paying a higher rate than 15 euro just port to another network and port back then u are a new new customer plus one months free with your number.

its 15 euro a month for all calls texts and data on pay as u go for new customers if u are a or ready with post mobile and paying a higher rate than 15 euro just port to another network and port back then u are a new new customer plus one months free with your number.

I could do that, but to be honest, if I'm going to the bother of porting, I'll just switch to 48 for about half the PM price and I won't be coming back.

Does anyone have issues ringing eir numbers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

They appear to have fair usage caps. Data is 50gig
    https://www.anpost.com/Mobile/All-you-need-plan-terms-and-fair-usage-policy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Just a quick reminder re Tesco and their €15 offer.
    a €5 Tesco points voucher will get €15 worth of Tescomobile.
    So rather than spend the €5 voucher on Tesco groceries, you could get 30Gdata, unlimited calls, and using the €15 credit get unlimited texts and say a decent number of phone calls to the US, UK and Germany (that would be my interest) and Tescomobile rates for those calls used to be 2 or 3c a minute - phenomenally good!

I used to be big fan of Tescomobile, no problems and decent coverage but then when Three took over and put Tesco and others on the ****tiest parts of the network I moved to Meteor (brilliant) and then Vodafone for 4G. Now VF seem to be dropping the ball so maybe Tesco is worth a look again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭ffocused

For anyone thinking of switching to Postmobile here is my experience 2 months in.
    I ported from Eir bill pay where the data service was very patchy since GoMo launched. My main data usage is from Podcasts when going for a walk as I use WiFi at home and work. On Eir they would frequently refuse to play and report data connection issues.
    Since switching I have no issues at all and find it just as good as Vodafone payg who I was with prior to Eir.

I did get an email from Microsoft after logging into Outlook on Postmobile saying I had signed In from Malta once after signing in on my mobile. They may be routing some data through Malta which could explain the high ping times some are experiencing.

Their customer service is excellent, as I had a terrible time with my port from Eir where my port got stuck on Eir’s side, but was kept up to date via email from Postmobile. They have phone or email support and they actually respond to emails unlike the big players.

The only issue I have noticed is I am unable to send premium rate sms. I tried this to use up the free credit after switching but text fails to send. I have sent them an email this morning to query this, I think they probably have a bar on them by default that just needs to be lifted.

I have also asked about moving to the €15 plan and will update here when they reply.

Got reply today, €15 plan is for new customers only and they disabled premium rate sms on their network a few months ago.

ffocused wrote: »
    Got reply today, €15 plan is for new customers only and they disabled premium rate sms on their network a few months ago.

That's a bit crap. I suppose most won't notice or be bothered. Would u port out and back again?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AlanPG

Switched over the last few days from VF billpay. Fairly happy with it. Data slightly slower to VF but not that you'd really notice. I wasnt able to make an 1850 call this morning, I'll give support a ring - presume its a lock they can lift.

Setting the auto top up was a breeze.

I travel a good bit around the country so I was keen to keep access to the VF network.

That's a bit crap. I suppose most won't notice or be bothered. Would u port out and back again?

Thinking of moving back to Vodafone now, as I just discovered they have disabled tethering from phone.

Working from home today and had a power cut, so went to tether phone for data and the option is unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Thinking of moving back to Vodafone now, as I just discovered they have disabled tethering from phone.

Working from home today and had a power cut, so went to tether phone for data and the option is unavailable.

Had been with the a few years back and was considering returning but that's a proper deal breaker.

Tethering working fine for me at the moment.

• Advertisement

Any chance it's a phone settings / APN issue?

Have you tried each tether option ie Bluetooth, Hotspot, USB

Advertisement