Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post mobile €15 for everything

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bronkobilly

DopeTech wrote: »
    What's the advantage to buying it in a shop?

other networks u can buy credit in shops or pay by credit card. 48 card only there no advantage to buy in shops

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭DopeTech

other networks u can buy credit in shops or pay by credit card. 48 card only there no advantage to buy in shops

I'm just not seeing your point.why you would stick with a more expensive deal because you can buy credit in a store for it. Buying a membership or additional credit on 48 is very straight forward and as you can only use what you have bought you cant get bill shock.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

VonLuck wrote: »
    What is the coverage like with Virgin Media? Currently with Eir and having no issues, only that I'm being charged €30 a month!

Move to Gomo so, everything the same as you have with Eir for €12.99 p/m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

What's postmobiles performance like? Is it as good as Vodafone?

Edit: Read the other posts here on a larger screen. Might be worth a punt to jump and try it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

What's postmobiles performance like? Is it as good as Vodafone?

Edit: Read the other posts here on a larger screen. Might be worth a punt to jump and try it

Correct, anyone with a recent report (since they went on 4G) suggests same reception but less data speeds than VF but still more than adaquete. Deal would suit someone where the gomo or 48 deal doesn't suit in terms of service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Just received a free sim today. No info with it on how to swap my old number to it. Can't register for the online portal cause they didn't give me the phone number on the new sim. Anyone know how to port?

jdon72 wrote: »
    Just received a free sim today. No info with it on how to swap my old number to it. Can't register for the online portal cause they didn't give me the phone number on the new sim. Anyone know how to port?
    ordered one this morning its states to put your number on it to port over does it come with your number changed over confusing who's to say its your number that you are porting over i know wen i get it ?

From a poster a few pages back, you have to email them and they'll ring you to arrange the port and activate the sim

ordered one this morning its states to put your number on it to port over does it come with your number changed over confusing who's to say its your number that you are porting over i know wen i get it ?

I had put my number in too but my old sim still works and it's not swapped over

EDIT: Ended up calling customer care and they're swapping my number over now. Nonsense that they don't have an online portal to swap numbers like most carriers have

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

I put the sim in the phone and called the wife, number came up on her phone. Was able to register then.
    I got an email later in the evening with the phone number and links to top up.

• Advertisement

I had put my number in too but my old sim still works and it's not swapped over

EDIT: Ended up calling customer care and they're swapping my number over now. Nonsense that they don't have an online portal to swap numbers like most carriers have

They're such a small operation that online porting etc isn't worth setting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tamsta

New number works out of box, the only way to get your old number transferred is to call Post mobile support. I had to wait for nice (no pun intended, switch was made in less than 10 minutes) Indian guy to answer the phone for 40 minutes :-((( With 48 before and now, Post has no advantages to justify 2X price (in my personal experience and opinion).

Tamsta wrote: »
    New number works out of box, the only way to get your old number transferred is to call Post mobile support. I had to wait for nice (no pun intended, switch was made in less than 10 minutes) Indian guy to answer the phone for 40 minutes :-((( With 48 before and now, Post has no advantages to justify 2X price (in my personal experience and opinion).

I ordered one to swap my number and it came with no info on it. When I put it into my phone, it shows no signal. Called support at around 3pm today and they said they'd swap my old number over but it still hasn't ported yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I hope the Indian guy could understand you because I've no idea what that post means. Pun?

I ordered one to swap my number and it came with no info on it. When I put it into my phone, it shows no signal. Called support at around 3pm today and they said they'd swap my old number over but it still hasn't ported yet

I've spent 10 minutes talking to support guy (all the checks etc.) and after I had wait for ~30 min for actual switch to happen: my old 48 SIM card stopped working and the same moment new Post mobile SIM kicked in (I had to set new APN settings manually to get internet working later). Simple except 40 min waiting for someone real to talk to :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Moral of the story...go to your local post office and sort new sim and port there. A lot quicker

Can number transfer be done in post office?

Finally got my number swapped over but new problem now - on my iPhone, the network comes up as Vodafone and I can't put in the Post Mobile APN settings anywhere

Can number transfer be done in post office?

Yes

Finally got my number swapped over but new problem now - on my iPhone, the network comes up as Vodafone and I can't put in the Post Mobile APN settings anywhere

Can you delete vodafone apn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you search the Comreg compare site...
    https://www.comreg.ie/compare/#/services

....here's the detail for this plan...
    3000 other network texts
    3000 minutes of other-network and landline calls
    300 minutes of same-network calls
    300 same-network texts
    512.0 GB data

It also mentions FUP of 50GB so 512GB seems to be what they've informed Comreg to be the actual cap to meet the 'unlimited' description or maybe it's a typo?

Ten Pin wrote: »
    If you search the Comreg compare site...
    https://www.comreg.ie/compare/#/services

....here's the detail for this plan...

It also mentions FUP of 50GB so 512GB seems to be what they've informed Comreg to be the actual cap to meet the 'unlimited' description or maybe it's a typo?

was with eir wen they said unlimited i found its 80gb if its unlimited there still a cap on wat u can use

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Eir and GoMo now have a fair usage of 120GB

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Eir and GoMo now have a fair usage of 120GB

thanks i'll check them out it seems good

This PM plan isn't great for streaming which is probably a good thing the 50Gb is plenty for users who have wifi at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,638 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

This new offer isn't available to existing PM customers, so that's the reason I need to head back to my old friends in 48, or maybe to GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭DopeTech

This new offer isn't available to existing PM customers, so that's the reason I need to head back to my old friends in 48, or maybe to GoMo.

Try 48, you might be tempted to stay with them!

Did you ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,638 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

TheDriver wrote: »
    Did you ask them?

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Yep

Strange way to do business. Would surely only encourage people to move from them to the more competitively priced 48 or Gomo... Particularly as they have so few customers in the Irish market overall as is.

Advertisement