Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Election - Who would you vote for? POLL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Panch18 wrote: »
    Before Covid you’re average blue collar worker who isn’t very intelligent to begin with has seen the lowest unemployment rates in decades, the highest take home pay on his salary in a long time and a stock market that was booming.

They mustn’t be very intelligent alright

Yes this stuff doesn’t get reported on this side of the Atlantic we only hear the juicy controversial stuff.
    If a politician came to my county and said he was going to open up and expand long shut down and declining industries I’d vote for him regardless of how much an ass hole he was. Over the past 30 years too many decisions have happened that adversely affect rural areas while the big cities just go from strength to strength.
    However the fact that trump lost states like Michigan and Wisconsin and Is struggling in places like Pennsylvania probably means he hasn’t followed through on many of those promises or that such promises are too unrealistic in the face of relentless globalisation.
    Not surprising that he has held comfortably all the strong Agricultural states like Iowa, Kansas , Missouri. He was genuinely good for some farmers.
    However Wisconsin dairy farmers suffer badly under trumps trade war with Canada. That fed big time into him losing Wisconsin I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

ganmo wrote: »
    Haha love how twitter have to warnings on his tweets

Twitter will miss Trump now with all the traffic and new accounts he generated for them.

Gas that they put up warnings on this yet someone can stick up a tweet calling on the president of this country to be dragged out of the Aras and his head stomped on yet will do nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭jaymla627

_Brian wrote: »
    I see trump has started the legal process over mail in voting.

He’s been setting the seeds for this for a long time. Chipping away at the public perception with essentially zero evidence. Historically there has been something like 0.001% fraud in mail in votes.
    This is why he has been busy rigging the Supreme Court in his favour and now holds something like 6-3 Judges On his side.

Biden would have his hands full quelling the red necks with trucks and automatic weapons if/when trump looses. It could get very ugly very quickly. The proud boys the that Trump told to stand by won’t let this go easily, having a Racist biggot as president has been a boon for these extremists.

It will be a non-event, but if Biden gets notions to implement say a federal lockdown nationwide to curb covid 19 and ended up sending in the army our national guard into a state like Texas for example that wouldn't comply to force compliance with such a order all hell would break loose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Biden, as the best of a bad lot. If only the Dems had a better, perhaps younger candidate to work with.

Trump is good at fooling your average US blue collar worker, who isn't terribly intelligent to begin with.

Buttigieg Will be that guy in time it just came too soon for him this time round.

As for who i’d Vote for. If I was American I would go for Biden 1000%

Would I vote for him in an Irish election? No. But there’s the options

American farmers did far better under Obama’s than under trump

• Registered Users Posts: 15,799 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Before Covid you’re average blue collar worker who isn’t very intelligent to begin with has seen the lowest unemployment rates in decades, the highest take home pay on his salary in a long time and a stock market that was booming.

They mustn’t be very intelligent alright

Things go right. Takes credit for them even if it had nothing to do with him.

Things go wrong. It's China's fault, crooked Hilary's fault, Obama's fault, liberals' fault, Fauci's fault, "fake news"...etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Things go right. Takes credit for them even if it had nothing to do with him.

Things go wrong. It's China's fault, crooked Hilary's fault, Obama's fault, liberals' fault, Fauci's fault, "fake news"...etc.

Isn't that how all politics the world over works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Genuinely bad person??

How many wars on foreign soil has he started? or even continued?

NONE

Who's the last American president who can say that

Trump vetoes the bill to stop US involvement in Yemen (for people that didn't read the source this bill was to End U.S. Involvement in Yemen War)
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/us/politics/trump-veto-yemen.html

Trump has reduced the number of overseas troops by 5000, he still has troops in Afghanistan and to a limited extent in Iraq and Syria.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54060026

If you're going to make claims please supply credible source to back up the claims.

ARGINITE wrote: »
    Trump vetoes the bill to stop US involvement in Yemen
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/us/politics/trump-veto-yemen.html

Trump has reduced the number of overseas troops by 5000, he still has troops in Afghanistan and to a limited extent in Iraq and Syria.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54060026

So staying out of a conflict that he shouldn't be involved in

And reducing the number of troops abroad

Backs up my point

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

So staying out of a conflict that he shouldn't be involved in

Backs up my point

Your point was and I quote "How many wars on foreign soil has he started? or even continued?".

So did he continued the US participation in the wars in Yemen, Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria?

To make it more relevant to the forum U.S. farm bankruptcies surge 24% under Trump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Suckler

Backs up my point

Again, it doesn't - you've asked what ones "he's continued" Those are prime examples.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Good idea op and interesting results so far

Your point was and I quote "How many wars on foreign soil has he started? or even continued?".

So did he continued the US participation in the wars in Yemen, Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria?

To make it more relevant to the forum U.S. farm bankruptcies surge 24% under Trump

Between Iraq and Afghanistan there have been less than 100 US army casualties since Trump took over. The number of deaths of locals in those countries is also dramatically down since he took over

Now how many thousands of locals and US army died in Obama's reign? Many Many Many multiples is the answer

Simple fact is that a huge number less American soldiers, and Non American civilians, have lost their lives under Trump than Obama, or most other predecessors

Between Iraq and Afghanistan there have been less than 100 US army casualties since Trump took over. The number of deaths of locals in those countries is also dramatically down since he took over

Now how many thousands of locals and US army died in Obama's reign? Many Many Many multiples is the answer

Simple fact is that a huge number less American soldiers, and Non American civilians, have lost their lives under Trump than Obama, or most other predecessors

So did he continue the US participation in the wars in Yemen, Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

So did he continue the US participation in the wars in Yemen, Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria?

Plus deaths in places like Afghanistan have been increasing since the year he took over.

Plus they are refusing now to release military data to verify.

How many innocent Americans has he killed through his mismanagement of covid ??

he didn't withdraw from Iraq and Afgan if that's what you are asking

Do you think Biden will? Him being part of the Obama regime that killed a huge amount of both American soldiers and foreign nationals

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭Eleven Benevolent Elephants

Enquiring wrote: »
    I think these candidates are an embarrassment for America. These 2 are the best they could come up with? Two creepy, old men.

What's their gender got to do with it?

Did you call Clinton a creepy old woman?

Plus deaths in places like Afghanistan have been increasing since the year he took over.

Plus they are refusing now to release military data to verify.

How many innocent Americans has he killed through his mismanagement of covid ??

On the deaths from Covid

The death rate per million is not a whole lot worse than in France or UK, and is better than it is in Spain and Belgium for example

You don't need to look across the Atlantic to find people dying of Covid

he didn't withdraw from Iraq and Afgan if that's what you are asking

Do you think Biden will? Him being part of the Obama regime that killed a huge amount of both American soldiers and foreign nationals

So yes Trump continued on more than one current war the US are involved in.

Will Biden do better only time will tell, neither of them are a saint but Biden admits to his mistakes and attempt to fix them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Interesting account from an Irishman living on Long island on the local radio station.

He doesn't vote nor does he align himself with any preference.
    But he gave an account how most of his friends in L.I would be Trump supporters and there's a division then in New York city who would be Biden.

The reason they'd be Trump is not that they like him it's purely from a security point of view.
    Account he gave is after George Floyd's death there was rioting in the city. So the democrats took police officers off the street. In consequence crime went up 800%.
    He was struck himself on the road last week in a hit and run and phoned the police. To which the operator told him they'd be a while due to cutbacks. He was waiting 3 hours and got fed up and left and made no statement as there'd be no point.
    When Trump makes pro police speeches he gets the voters.

He said there's huge division out there atm with drivers swerving at one another on the road over what political bumper sticker they have.
    He said shops are boarding up in case of riots. His thoughts are if Trump gets in there'll be riots on the streets.
    If Biden gets in not so much.

The radio show host asked him to call it and based on what he see's he called that it could be Trump yet.
    But that between everything like the Bush election it could be December before it's decided.

• Advertisement

So yes Trump continued on more than one current war the US are involved in.

Will Biden do better only time will tell, neither of them are a saint but Biden admits to his mistakes and attempt to fix them.

America is a warmongering state and always has been. Don’t be expecting any changes there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,799 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Isn't that how all politics the world over works

Is being a race baiting scumbag how politics the world over works too?

You are outraged by his "race baiting" and yet millions of black people voted for him

I can’t fathom how people can hear the things trump has saod, see the mocking of the disabled, his disparaging remarks of us army veterans all these things. And still blindly support him.

He’s a truly awful human, I really can’t think of one single redeeming characteristic he has. When half a nation want this sort of character representing them on the world stage it just shows how much trouble America is really in.

You are outraged by his "race baiting" and yet millions of black people voted for him

Black peoples aren’t all immune to lies and propaganda.

Black peoples aren’t all immune to lies and propaganda.

Neither are a huge amount of white people it seems

Or maybe us clowns over on this fair isle have absolutely no clue about how America is, how it works, or what it's people want.

Neither are a huge amount of white people it seems

Or maybe us clowns over on this fair isle have absolutely no clue about how America is, how it works, or what it's people want.

That’s the thing.
    Trump worst work wasn’t through slight of hand or covert.

His own words directly from his mouth aren’t propaganda.

https://youtu.be/PX9reO3QnUA

This behaviour isn’t propaganda.

It’s the president of the US mocking a disabled person who called him out on his lies.

This is one of countless examples of his deplorable attitudes towards people who challenge his lies and bigotry

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

While much has been made of the race divide, the other striking thing is the rural urban divide. From what i have seen its trump for rural areas and biden for urban.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭gk5000

Biden, as the best of a bad lot. If only the Dems had a better, perhaps younger candidate to work with.

Trump is good at fooling your average US blue collar worker, who isn't terribly intelligent to begin with.

I think your post sums up why Trump was elected in 2016.
    The average blue collar worker and many others are fed up being insulted, especially by the liberal elite.

Trump may be in many ways abhorrent, but he has hit a vein that is continually neglected, insulted and condesended to. Many pro-Biden do not realise this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

What's their gender got to do with it?

Did you call Clinton a creepy old woman?

I think he was more renowned for creeping up on women.

Advertisement