Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Election - Who would you vote for? POLL

Options
  • 04-11-2020 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭

A bit of harmless fun folks, for the day that's in it. If you had a vote, who would you vote for and why?

Joe-Biden-would-have-become-the-oldest-US-President-in-history-if-he-had-beaten-Trump-784222.jpg

- Biden

- Trump

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Who would you vote for? 236 votes

Biden
    62% 147 votes
    Trump
    37% 89 votes

Comments

Neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

You forgot Kanye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

None of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Howie Hawkins - for the name alone.

In a country of over 300 million people they could surely have found someone better on both sides. Trump is a loon and I don't care much for Biden and his antics either - plus his memory lapses would be a concern too. Democrats should have walked this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

I think these candidates are an embarrassment for America. These 2 are the best they could come up with? Two creepy, old men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭enricoh

Enquiring wrote: »
    I think these candidates are an embarrassment for America. These 2 are the best they could come up with? Two creepy, old men.

Whoever leaves the us multinationals in Ireland alone!
    Trump- he's a better chance of being still alive in 4 years and he didn't start any wars in fairness.
    I think the us economy was going well before corona also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

enricoh wrote: »
    Whoever leaves the us multinationals in Ireland alone!
    Trump- he's a better chance of being still alive in 4 years and he didn't start any wars in fairness.
    I think the us economy was going well before corona also.

Honestly, the border issue is far more important. Whoever would be more supportive to us on that is favourable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Kim Jong-un or Arnold Schwarzenegger.

May as well keep the entertainment going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭minerleague

Enquiring wrote: »

+1, In fairness I wouldn,t have voted for hilary clinton either last time. Off topic but clips of Ronald Reagen been coming up on youtube here, know nothing of his politics but he could tell a good yarn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Trump. If everyone that's gives out about trump had the same ambition about becoming president as they do about giveing about him, it would suit them better.

I think most bad conversations about him simply boils down to jealousy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

In fairness thank fuk We're not in the US ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,520 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Trump. If everyone that's gives out about trump had the same ambition about becoming president as they do about giveing about him, it would suit them better.

I think most bad conversations about him simply boils down to jealousy.

That’s simply untrue.
    He’s a genuinely bad person. That’s not jealousy it’s just what he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭billyhead

I'd spoil my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Trump cares more about how he is thought of rather than actually leading.
    I believe he has done more to de stabilise american democracy than any other leader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

_Brian wrote: »
    That’s simply untrue.
    He’s a genuinely bad person. That’s not jealousy it’s just what he is.

Genuinely bad person??

How many wars on foreign soil has he started? or even continued?

NONE

Who's the last American president who can say that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I said in the other thread in politics that a Biden win is much more advantageous for Ireland than Trump.
    A Biden win would make the US a lot less attractive as a trading partner for the UK and would force the UK to make concessions to the EU in trade talks. This will significantly impact agri-foods.

Trump, on the other hand is set on the destruction of multilateral organisations like the EU and the UN, so his policies would be much more dangerous for Ireland.

Panch18 wrote: »
    Genuinely bad person??

How many wars on foreign soil has he started? or even continued?

NONE

Who's the last American president who can say that

So that’s it.
    The only way you measure a person as good or bad is if they have started a war ??
    Jez you’re setting the bar fairly low there.

So that’s it.
    The only way you measure a person as good or bad is if they have started a war ??

So the "genuinely bad person" did not start or continue any wars on foreign soils in his 4 years in office

No answer me this - how many lives (both American and Non) were lost whilst Dozy Joe was last part of an administration?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Panch18 wrote: »
    So the "genuinely bad person" did not start or continue any wars on foreign soils in his 4 years in office

No answer me this - how many lives (both American and Non) were lost whilst Dozy Joe was last part of an administration?

Its been buried pretty well in the past but if the democratic administration's led by obama had left libiya alone and stayed out of the Syrian conflict isis would never of mothballed into what it was and million of lives would of been saved, along with the issue we are now seeing in mainland Eurppe of Muslim led jihad attacks, but Trump is the megalomaniac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭White Clover

I'd say Biden has it.

• Advertisement

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Its been buried pretty well in the past but if the democratic administration's led by obama had left libiya alone and stayed out of the Syrian conflict isis would never of mothballed into what it was and million of lives would of been saved, along with the issue we are now seeing in mainland Eurppe of Muslim led jihad attacks, but Trump is the megalomaniac

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭jaymla627

So that’s it.

If you have a hour to pass google Bohemian grove and then maybe look into Bill Clinton's very close relationship with Jeffery Epstein, Donald Trump is just the tip of the iceberg American politics is a sh**show with like Ireland where the public sector run the country, out their it's the CIA and military interests that are in control

jaymla627 wrote: »
    If you have a hour to pass google Bohemian grove and then maybe look into Bill Clinton's very close relationship with Jeffery Epstein, Donald Trump is just the tip of the iceberg American politics is a sh**show with like Ireland where the public sector run the country, out their it's the CIA and military interests that are in control

The first thing they need to do is change how campaigns are funded. It's so easy to buy politicians lots of ppl give to both sides

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Suckler

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324108200141082624

Haha love how twitter have to warnings on his tweets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Has Biden it won? Neveda & Arizona would get him over the line, no?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/us-election/results

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Biden, as the best of a bad lot. If only the Dems had a better, perhaps younger candidate to work with.

Trump is good at fooling your average US blue collar worker, who isn't terribly intelligent to begin with.

Biden, as the best of a bad lot. If only the Dems had a better, perhaps younger candidate to work with.

Trump is good at fooling your average US blue collar worker, who isn't terribly intelligent to begin with.

Before Covid you’re average blue collar worker who isn’t very intelligent to begin with has seen the lowest unemployment rates in decades, the highest take home pay on his salary in a long time and a stock market that was booming.

They mustn’t be very intelligent alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Sadly the once mighty USA is so divided a nation that it doesn't really matter who wins, they are on a downward spiral.
    The Biden victory will at least serve to remove the tangerine man child from power and not before time.
    I don't think history will be kind to trump, his administrations bungling of the pandemic has needlessly caused the deaths of many thousands of people.
    On the economic front his numbers were realistically no better than Obamas, regardless of the propaganda, and had more to do with the situation he inherited than anything he actually did.
    Im just glad I live in Ireland, even if today has been the first dry day here in a week.

• Advertisement

I see trump has started the legal process over mail in voting.

He’s been setting the seeds for this for a long time. Chipping away at the public perception with essentially zero evidence. Historically there has been something like 0.001% fraud in mail in votes.
    This is why he has been busy rigging the Supreme Court in his favour and now holds something like 6-3 Judges On his side.

Biden would have his hands full quelling the red necks with trucks and automatic weapons if/when trump looses. It could get very ugly very quickly. The proud boys the that Trump told to stand by won’t let this go easily, having a Racist biggot as president has been a boon for these extremists.

Advertisement