Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nations cup November 2020 GENERAL THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    In relation to any ex player working as a pundit? Heaslip is annoying but he's work to do to get up to Lenihan or Toland standard annoying. He's only at the Quinlan stage at the moment.

They’re all at different levels of annoyance though, it’s strange.
    Quinlan sounds like he hates every minute and it’s a chore.
    Lenihan is an old man set in his ways at stage.

Toland and Heaslip are equal in that they’re both of the opinion anything they have to say must be heard and ASAP, as often as possible and they’re both just noise makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭swiwi_

If Georgia had a line out this game might have been a lot closer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

Jesus, taking the kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Sums up how the game is gone how it’s 57 mins gone and we are going for 3 points against Georgia at home...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Was Burns injured heading off? If not they should start him next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

swiwi_ wrote: »
    If Georgia had a line out this game might have been a lot closer.

I don't think it would, it doesn't feel particularly close to be honest. Ireland are cruising along jerkily in first gear leading by 13 with 1 disallowed try and another held up over the line with the clock dead for half time.

Awful touch finder by Byrne. Hooked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Ah Byrne

razorblunt wrote: »
    They’re all at different levels of annoyance though, it’s strange.
    Quinlan sounds like he hates every minute and it’s a chore.
    Lenihan is an old man set in his ways at stage.

Toland and Heaslip are equal in that they’re both of the opinion anything they have to say must be heard and ASAP, as often as possible and they’re both just noise makers.

They both talk more than the main commentator, always a bad sign

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭rodders999

Absolutely dire. I blame Jeff Bezos.

• Advertisement

Good day at the office for Beirne today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭theVersatile

That was a useless chip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Niallof9 wrote: »
    Jesus, taking the kicks.

Why wouldn’t you take points on offer? :confused: we should have done it more against England.

Done with Byrne. Not good enough.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭fitz

Byrne is not helping his case so far.

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This is hard to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Wtf is Byrne trying with these kicks through?

God almighty we are brainless, no wonder we continue to fall for England’s trap every game...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Byrne is hopeless, what was that kick. It was nowhere near any of the Irish backs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

We are hopeless. This Farrell experiment will end in tears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Can we bring Murray back on at 10 please.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

clsmooth wrote: »
    Why wouldn’t you take points on offer? :confused: we should have done it more against England.
    Georgia arent England.

Ths is grim to watch. What were Ireland doing in training this week?

Byrne strikes me as a guy who is good to follow a plan but heads up rugby isn't for him or when the plan changes mid-move. Stockdale is kind of similar in that he doesn't see what's around him in the form of better options - maybe I'm harsh on Stockdale there cos he does try these long passes, interested to hear what others think about his reading of the game

Earls got no ball today, Keenan either - we don't get enough quality ball to our widemen, this is a regular feature

Great to see Shane Daly out there, well deserved.

We've become very unimpressive. No sign of any connectiveness in possession and we've lost the ability to break down teams through a varied phase play game.

We have no composure and I think there is a real lack of confidence throughout the squad. We're trying to play a brand of rugby we don't have the players for and given the nature of the modern game we should take the fact that we can't poke consistent holes in the Georgian defence as a sign that our attacking game is neutered and ineffective.

Whatever happens over the last 20 minutes, it's clear to me that Ireland are at sea and aren't adapting to life post Schmidt under this coaching system. It won't happen for a while but I suspect we are on the road to needing a change at the top of the setup. I feel like the provinces would be taking a bigger cut out of Georgia here than Ireland are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Jesus, maybe the problem was more than Bealham

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Marmian didn't even have the ball there and two Georgian players trying to tackle him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Georgia arent England.

Ths is grim to watch. What were Ireland doing in training this week?

Agree, we’re no where near clinical enough. It feels like a similar story to the English game in terms of metres gained, possession etc if you’re not breaking a team down, take your points. Better than running into brick walls regardless of the opposition. Any game against Georgia or Italy is going to be grim to watch unfortunately. It’s been like that for the last 15 years regardless of the strength of our team.

We've become very unimpressive. No sign of any connectiveness in possession and we've lost the ability to break down teams through a varied phase play game.

We have no composure and I think there is a real lack of confidence throughout the squad. We're trying to play a brand of rugby we don't have the players for and given the nature of the modern game we should take the fact that we can't poke consistent holes in the Georgian defence as a sign that our attacking game is neutered and ineffective.

Whatever happens over the last 20 minutes, it's clear to me that Ireland are at sea and aren't adapting to life post Schmidt under this coaching system. It won't happen for a while but I suspect we are on the road to needing a change at the top of the setup. I feel like the provinces would be taking a bigger cut out of Georgia here than Ireland are.

Let’s keep running into brick walls so because that has really worked this second half and last week.

• Advertisement

Really well done Stockdale,good hunting

Advertisement