Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

He was interviewed about it there by Cormac on Drivetime.

Told by his solicitors to keep schtum about it. Wouldn't say whether he has his phone back or not.

It looks like there might be a few more twists in this so called nothing story.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    It looks like there might be a few more twists in this so called nothing story.

Oh?

Oh?
    It looks like he might not have gotten his phone back just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭jmcc

It looks like he might not have gotten his phone back just yet.
    I think O'Toole's phone is also part of the investigation.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »
    I think O'Toole's phone is also part of the investigation.

Regards...jmcc

So it looks like it's not phoney investigation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Told by his solicitors to keep schtum about it. Wouldn't say whether he has his phone back or not.
    It wouldn't have been the most thorough investigation to be fair, if they only took his phone on Saturday and he had it back already.
    It mightn't be the phone he agreed to leak the confidential documents with, to a member of the public as the sitting Taoiseach and head of the Fine Gael party two years ago, but it could have proof of illegal activity on it. All criminal investigations should be thorough, especially if they are committed by a senior member of the government, even if he received legal advice after the fact telling him that it mightn't be (ilegal) - assuming he gave his legal advisors correct and detailed information.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,451 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Suckit wrote: »
    It wouldn't have been the most thorough investigation to be fair, if they only took his phone on Saturday and he had it back already.
    It mightn't be the phone he agreed to leak the confidential documents with, to a member of the public as the sitting Taoiseach and head of the Fine Gael party two years ago, but it could have proof of illegal activity on it. All criminal investigations should be thorough, especially if they are committed by a senior member of the government, even if he received legal advice after the fact telling him that it mightn't be (ilegal) - assuming he gave his legal advisors correct and detailed information.

Dear God, the tales that some people spin.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Found any of those links yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »

I know, Leo trying to suggest they "weren't really mates" was gas altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Only after announcing to the national media that he would be charged. That's called prejudice.

Check out the George Floyd case where the judge said that comments by a congress woman may have caused a mistrial.

He knew what he was doing. God love those that repeat the axiom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Varadkar making his cameo debut in Simon Harris' tiktok :)

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/simon-harriss-newest-tiktok-gives-23961054

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Varadkar making his cameo debut in Simon Harris' tiktok :)

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/simon-harriss-newest-tiktok-gives-23961054

it is good to see leo being able to let his hair down and relax a bit , that house move ( you linked to earlier in this thread ) that he never had to do must have been very very stressful lol !

it is good to see leo being able to let his hair down and relax a bit , that house move ( you linked to earlier in this thread ) that he never had to do must have been very very stressful lol !
    He needs too as the next week or two with the DPC will be interesting for FG.

He needs too as the next week or two with the DPC will be interesting for FG.

Don’t tell me. There’ll be something BIG in tomorrow’s papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Maybe the poster that breathlessly told us about last Sunday's story in his/her 1st post on the site will be back with news Maryanne?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116919861&postcount=8899

Maybe the poster that breathlessly told us about last Sunday's story in his/her 1st post on the site will be back with news Maryanne?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116919861&postcount=8899

That poster wasn't far off the mark in hindsight, unless of course anyone would want to dismiss the Tánaiste of the state being questioned under caution, and having their phone seized as it has to be forensically examined because of their actions as Taoiseach as a nothing story.

I'd say it's unprecedented though.

Law and order party my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    That poster wasn't far off the mark in hindsight, unless of course anyone would want to dismiss the Tánaiste of the state being questioned under caution, and having their phone seized as it has to be forensically examined because of their actions as Taoiseach as a nothing story.

I'd say it's unprecedented though.

Law and order party my ass.

Agree, but I think the reason that poster posted was to get people salivating about the prospect of Leo doing jailtime or resigning as they elaborated in their second post. They were disappointed. Two posts and disappeared.

Agree, but I think the reason that poster posted was to get people salivating about the prospect of Leo doing jailtime or resigning as they elaborated in their second post. They were disappointed. Two posts and disappeared.

I dunno, I didn't even see the posts until he/she had already closed the account, hard to know if it was a WUM or a shill for whatever newspaper they claimed to work for.

More details about what was about to break would have possibly tipped me in a certain direction I suppose, as now we'll never know if they were genuine or a WUM who just got extremely lucky with their vague "revelation's"

Be great if they reappeared today with more titbits lol.:D

It’s the hope that kills ya, Murph.

It’s a beautiful day outside so don’t be ruminating and spitballing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

We need Leo back in Martins job - one of the greatest leaders this country has ever had.

Older people won't particularly understand him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

theballz wrote: »
    We need Leo back in Martins job - one of the greatest leaders this country has ever had.

Older people won't particularly understand him.

Sure himself and Micheal are virtually joint Taoiseachs. I hear more from Leo than Michael on the news everyday.

Didn't Michael himself call Leo Taoiseach last November not once but twice if I'm not mistaken.

I have no idea if there will be. I was referring to the fact that certain FG sites were pulled down and the DPC will be talking to them about that.

This story appears to have broken WiFi Paddy. He has resorted to homophobic dog whistles. Even some of his pirate flag crew are getting sick of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Paddy Burke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

This story appears to have broken WiFi Paddy. He has resorted to homophobic dog whistles. Even some of his pirate flag crew are getting sick of him.

The veil always slips. You can tell the ones who are most rabid in their pursuit of Varadkar have alternative motives. It's as plain as day to see.

The Sindo is running a story about Kate O'Connell being interviewed about Varadkar leaking a confidential document to his friend. Anyone know what that's about as the story isn't up on the website yet?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

jmcc wrote: »
    The Sindo is running a story about Kate O'Connell being interviewed about Varadkar leaking a confidential document to his friend. Anyone know what that's about as the story isn't up on the website yet?

Regards...jmcc

Share what you saw?????

Share what you saw?????
    Multiple question marks? :)
    E0VRUWGXMAgBCj1.jpg

Just a small mention on the front of the Sindo.

Regards...jmcc

They'll be here en masse shortly to tell us all it's a nothing story.
    Wasn't Kate O'Connell letting it be known that she was getting fed up with Leo last month or so?
    I doubt it would be anything much on page 3..

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    They'll be here en masse shortly to tell us all it's a nothing story.
    Wasn't Kate O'Connell letting it be known that she was getting fed up with Leo last month or so?
    I doubt it would be anything much on page 3..
    She didn't seem pleased with the mess Varadkar has made of FG and she was a Coveney supporter. She's also a possible candidate for Dublin Bay South (Eoghan Murphy was Varadkar's leadership campaign manager).

Regards...jmcc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement