Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Find it hard to believe there is Dubs fans out there that take any enjoyment out of this. A bloody great team no doubt, but about as uncompetitive a sport there is. 10 Leinsters on the trot, 1 championship loss since 2014. Everything set up in their favour.. game has been completely ruined. I grew up a mad Gaelic fan but I didn’t even bother watching the game tonight. Give me the competitive games of the 00s and 90s over the ****e anyday.
    Yeah I used to watch of gaa football matches myself but have watched very few in the last few years. Its boring for a team to dominate so much and to not have one genuine challenger. 10 leinster titles in a row in ridiculous. The sport is dying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Panrich

Rolo2010 wrote: »
    Costello was sent off for a verbal incident but the we don't know what was said.

That's usually a black I thought so it must have been pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,462 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jesus will they shut up about Meath beating last year’s 4 point tally.

Lost by 16 last year...21 this year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

No celebrations whatsoever. It's so depressing.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    It could depending on what occurred. Fully expect Dublin GAA to appeal.

Barrister's at the ready again I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭C__MC

Kevin mc stay
    That extra goal makes the scoreline looks worse
    As if 2.21 to 0.7 wasnt bad enough

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

21 point margin.
    Fair play to the Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Rolo2010 wrote: »
    Costello was sent off for a verbal incident but the we don't know what was said.

He said "Dublin don't have an unfair advantage" then the ref said "Come on, you have to go for that" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The Dubs will find a way around that happening.

Just throw a hape of cash and a Mitsubishi at the CCC and it'll be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭moghrasa

Cos there's no debate? :)
    Dublin have no shortage of mighty players, but Fenton is terrifying. I remember being at the Roscommon/Tyrone and Dublin/Donegal super 8's double header back in the first year of Super 8's. The nonchalance with which he completely and utterly dominated midfield was astounding.

Michael Murphy is a fierce man when it comes to fielding the ball, and Fenton was beating him by 3 or 4 inches to every aerial ball without ever seeming to break a sweat. Con is brilliant, Cluxton is brilliant, so many of them are brilliant. But Brian Fenton is a transcendent talent and no team will achieve anything against Dublin until they field a solution to the problems he causes - and on the evidence of the last 5 years, there is no solution.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Showed a great variety of skills and were not in top gear.

Awesome really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

max life wrote: »
    Yeah I used to watch of gaa football matches myself but have watched very few in the last few years. Its boring for a team to dominate so much and to not have one genuine challenger. 10 leinster titles in a row in ridiculous. The sport is dying

The sport isn't dying at all. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

It’s more likely that Donegal will loose to Cavan than beat the Dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

threeball wrote: »
    Rugby and the results are the same.

Yeah, it'd be like letting Leinster play against Young Munster or something. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Dublin players going mild!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'd love to know the cumulative yardage of all of Scully's goals for Dublin. Each one seems to be a close-range flick to the net. Total distance might reach the edge of the D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I think at this stage RTE should just forget about broadcasting the Leinster Final live and play back the Leinster Finals from the 1990s. So disappointing, but what can be done?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cluxton with 16 Leinster titles. I presume that's a record.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I think at this stage RTE should just forget about broadcasting the Leinster Final live and play back the Leinster Finals from the 1990s. So disappointing, but what can be done?

It was so better when Dublin were being hockeyed off the pitch,

The sport isn’t dying.

Leinster and the AI final is decided for the next few years.

The rest of the games are fascinating

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Rolo2010

It is at intercounty level. A lot of counties have lost top players because they just don't have the interest to play anymore. Club football is still strong in most counties but some like Sligo are suffering even there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭C__MC

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Cluxton with 16 Leinster titles. I presume that's a record.

He is now third in the roll of honour if he was a county in Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Think the lineman said a punch for the Costello incident.

That's just on lipreading though.

Edit: No punch at all on that replay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

Costello working hard to get the red rescinded straight after the final whistle!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

It's dead in Leinster outside Dublin to be fair. The Meath - Dublin quarter final in 2007 attracted 82000 people. You'd be very lucky to get half that these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,413 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

No celebrations whatsoever. It's so depressing.

It was like moments applause as a mark of respect for the 10th year anniversary of the death of the Leinster Football Championship.

Meath will always have Tayto though!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Spillane looks purple!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Rolo2010

Greatest football team of all time followed by the next one and then another after that.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Spillane looks purple!

He’s gone to get sick now I’d imagine after admitting that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭blowitupref

3rd routine win for Dublin in this championship. Dublin 3-21 Meath 0-9. Over to Donegal, Mayo, Tipp, Cork or Cavan to see can they be competitive against Dublin.

Advertisement