Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Good response

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

great take by Mullen.

Wow incredible by Mayo. Level again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Calm down lads. 3 minutes in and they're level.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

sligeach wrote: »
    Absolutely pathetic from Mayo.

And yet they are level within 2 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

So, 6 in a row.

Comhghairdeas Baile Átha Cliath.

Credit to Mayo who, after a horrible start, gave it a right lash and although they beat the handicap, they fell short in the end for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    yhey fell short in the end for the win.

A good bit short. 5 points is a good win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

So who are we looking at for all stars? Surely the Cavan keeper and the Galligan chap have to get one? Quinlivan from Tipp. Cillian O Connor for Mayo. Probably looking at a lot of Dubs then. Robbie McDaid in his first year had a great year. Fenton is nailed on. Con O Callaghan and Dean Rock.

Could probably make a case for another Tipp or Cavan player thrown in. Any cork lads stand out enough for one with their big win over Kerry?

dobman88 wrote: »

Any cork lads stand out enough for one with their big win over Kerry?

To be honest no. It was a poxy win over Kerry tbf.

To be honest no. It was a poxy win over Kerry tbf.

Fair enough, I thought they might have had a shout for 1 for sentimental reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

So who are we looking at for all stars? Surely the Cavan keeper and the Galligan chap have to get one? Quinlivan from Tipp. Cillian O Connor for Mayo. Probably looking at a lot of Dubs then. Robbie McDaid in his first year had a great year. Fenton is nailed on. Con O Callaghan and Dean Rock.

Could probably make a case for another Tipp or Cavan player thrown in. Any cork lads stand out enough for one with their big win over Kerry?

McLaughlin from Mayo excelled at 7 this year. However, a poor final may cost him.

McLaughlin from Mayo excelled at 7 this year. However, a poor final may cost him.

Sure stick him on the other wing. Positions dont really mean much for all star teams anyway.

Sure stick him on the other wing. Positions dont really mean much for all star teams anyway.

Galligan
    Mullen
    Cooper
    Fitzsimmons
    Durkan
    Coen
    McDaid
    McCarthy
    Fenton
    Howard
    Kilkenny
    Quinlivan
    COC
    COC
    Sweeney

Galligan
    Mullen
    Cooper
    Fitzsimmons
    Durkan
    Coen
    McDaid
    McCarthy
    Fenton
    Howard
    Kilkenny
    Quinlivan
    COC
    COC
    Sweeney

Similar to what I'm thinking. But I have to have Thomas Galligan in there. Cavan dont win Ulster without him imo and definitely one of the players of the year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Murchan has more of a Rugby accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    So, 6 in a row.

Comhghairdeas Baile Átha Cliath.

Credit to Mayo who, after a horrible start, gave it a right lash and although they beat the handicap, they fell short in the end for the win.

PP cut the spread to 4 at half time and was gobbled up. that chap might be sending out CVs :) Especially if he was same one who cut Dublin to win AI to 5/6 at one stage before a ball had been kicked.

Only joking. I'd say they cleaned up today given that most bets would have been on goalscorer, MOTM and so on. Racing Post actually called the points total for unders which was a decent shout.

Fair enough, I thought they might have had a shout for 1 for sentimental reasons.

Definitely not. They caught Kerry on a bad day. Unlikely to happen again anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

6 in a row, some achievement.

Next question: will they make it 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I'd put money on 10.

Kerry win one of the next two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I think they will make 7 but some county will beat them in 2022.

It's very hard to keep up that level of training, commitment and hunger for so long.

I'd much much rather a county beat this superb Dublin team than go messing with professionalism or the splitting Dublin in two nonsense. After Dublin are beaten we can look at all that.

Kerry, Galway, Mayo or Donegal/Tyrone to end their reign. Perhaps a late Darby-like goal does it.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I'd put money on 10.

Could've had 15/2 pre game yesterday which is a shockingly low price. Probably 5/1 or less now.

I think the 7 is nailed on. I just cant see who is going to make up such a gap. They've beaten the teams touted as being their best challengers comprehensively in the last couple of years. I wouldnt put money on 10 cos it's a shìte price but I wouldn't be surprised to see it come in.

They have their house in order now, they have the production line ticking along nicely and fellas still have that hunger, see Robbie McDaids interview yesterday. He was clearly elated and emotional for his 1st win. Some of the lads that lost the U20 final yesterday will be using that hurt to try and push on to win a senior medal. They've dominated this decade and I think they'll dominate the next. My only hope is that when they're eventually caught, its Kerry that win the "handy" one.

Could've had 15/2 pre game yesterday which is a shockingly low price. Probably 5/1 or less now.

That's gas, Kerry are 7/2 to win next year so probably not a huge difference odds wise in them winning next year and Dublin doing 10 in a row!

JeffKenna wrote: »
    That's gas, Kerry are 7/2 to win next year so probably not a huge difference odds wise in them winning next year and Dublin doing 10 in a row!

Thays an equally shocking price for Kerry. They should be a lot more than 7/2. Absolutely nothing recently is pointing to them being all Ireland winners soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Thays an equally shocking price for Kerry. They should be a lot more than 7/2. Absolutely nothing recently is pointing to them being all Ireland winners soon.

Absolutely nothing?

Kerry won 5 minor titles in a row up to 2018.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Best value I saw was Dublin/Limerick double next year at 4/1. Couldn't go wrong with that bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

I think they will make 7 but some county will beat them in 2022.

It's very hard to keep up that level of training, commitment and hunger for so long.

I'd much much rather a county beat this superb Dublin team than go messing with professionalism or the splitting Dublin in two nonsense. After Dublin are beaten we can look at all that.

Kerry, Galway, Mayo or Donegal/Tyrone to end their reign. Perhaps a late Darby-like goal does it.

There's more chance of the Kerry 4 in a row side from the 80s making a come back to end their reign.

Donegal to do it...ffs. Same for Galway and the others.

Absolutely nothing?

Kerry won 5 minor titles in a row up to 2018.

And we have the best of that crop already established in the team. Hammered by 6 in the final last year after not being able to beat 14 men in over a half of football, couldnt get out of a pìss poor super 8 group in 2018, beaten by a pretty average cork team this year. And the U20s lost to Galway well this year.

So yeah, nothing points to Kerry being best placed to be the ones to end the run and talk of it, as much as I'd love it to happen, is a bit of nonsense.

• Advertisement

Also, I said it a few weeks ago and I dont see any reason to change my mind. Mayo are best placed to have a proper cut off Dublin. The way they play and their defensive tenacity. I think they will come straight back up from division 2 and their younger lads will get the experience required for another cut off Dublin. This year was just a year too early for them

Advertisement