Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump - the Megathread - read Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,403 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I really liked his replacement plan for Obamacare.

It was really in-depth, detailed and inventive in covering preexisting conditions, reducing deductibles and premiums.
    2 weeks....2 weeks...

Gatling wrote: »
    They allowed trump into office , case and point of their shambloic elections ,

Get rid or the electoral college votes ,one person one vote

Tbf i dont want to be completly off topic here....but the electoral college has a place/value...may need some reform etc......but if you look.at the uk,where london has more MPs than scotland....there is a fair bang of unfairness off that too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

This place has become quite the echo chamber, too many middle class Irish people reading tabloid style 'hit-pieces in ostensibly liberal broadsheets for four years.

Anyway, that aside [and if it is allowed], I think now is a good time to create a new Donald Trump Appreciation Thread, where free thinkers, or at least more nuanced individuals, can come to escape the media-driven uniformity of opinion apparent in the other threads. So, I will get the ball rolling:

The Donald Trump Appreciation Thread:

Seems appropriate to salute this hero-warrior one last time and bid him farewell as sitting president of the United States of America (unless it is proven that fraud is responsible for Biden's election). Whether you love him or loath him, he shall be remembered as one of the most important US Presidents ever, no other leader in living memory has captured the zeitgeist of their times so profoundly, or symbolised and epitomized it so supernally in World History.

Trump is a flawed personality but also a maestro, a genius in the mould of Picasso or Mozart, a self made man (spirituality if not financially), the GOAT, the Übermensch. Part salesman, part postmodernist, walking embodiment of free speech and taking a shot a something without shame or regret, champion of memes, troll overlord, and non interventionist. Will we ever see his like again?

This is a man who had the courage to withdraw from the phony WHO (responsible for the phony Swine Flu hysteria a decade back), that interceded in Iran in a way that resulted in the smallest loss of life possible when many of the career politicians, neo-cons and democrats around him were baying for blood, that, when everyone else was spreading messages of fear and resignation, told the people not to fear Covid but to continue living their lives with joy and courage.

Here is a man who brought in laws to benefit native Americans [there is a reason his popularity with ethic minorities has soared in this election], and that signed into law a bill to make cruelty to animals a federal felony.

This is a person who in spite of having a rich and colourful and daring life, and with teams of people working overtime trawling through his personal history to defame him, has never been caught out doing anything particularily awful, let alone heinous, like so many of the Epstein/Clinton crowd.

Here are some of his other achievements while in office:

• The poverty rate in America fell to a 17-year low
    • More than 400,000 manufacturing jobs were created since he was elected
    • Trump signed the Save our Seas Act which funds $10 million per year to clean tons of plastic from the ocean.
    • The First Step Act's reforms addressed inequities in sentencing laws that disproportionately harmed Black Americans and reformed mandatory minimums that created unfair outcomes. Over 90% of those benefiting from the retroactive sentencing reductions in the First Step Act are Black Americans. Contrast this with abominable and downright nasty Crime Bill supported by Biden historically.

So forget for a moment the echo chamber that this site has become, and remember this, no other political character, or leader, or party that you can think of in the western world, will ever garner as much admiration and love and respect as Trump has done these last four years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcF0r9ajBno

Thank you for your attention.

repXW
    Given enough time, drugs, professional help and disinfectant Trump should pull tru dis humiliation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭blackbox

Great hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

• The First Step Act's reforms addressed inequities in sentencing laws that disproportionately harmed Black Americans and reformed mandatory minimums that created unfair outcomes. Over 90% of those benefiting from the retroactive sentencing reductions in the First Step Act are Black Americans. Contrast this with abominable and downright nasty Crime Bill supported by Biden historically.

Best thing to do with something like that, that means so much to Donnie is fund the thing to help people he is seeking to help..

Budget: Though the First Step Act authorizes Congress to appropriate $75 million per year between 2019 and 2023, only $14 million was explicitly earmarked for funding the legislation when President Trump released his 2020 budget priorities in March 2019. This lead First Step Act advocates to worry that the bill's underfunding represented an attempt to "starve it to death."[44]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Step_Act#References

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I really liked his replacement plan for Obamacare.

It was really in-depth, detailed and inventive in covering preexisting conditions, reducing deductibles and premiums.

...and two weeks away

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

If his personality weren't so unnecessarily crude and combative, he would be viewed as a moderate president, definitely not a war hawk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

blackbox wrote: »
    Great hair.

As with most things related to the man, not his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Mad_maxx wrote:
    If his personality weren't so unnecessarily crude and combative, he would be viewed as a moderate president, definitely not a war hawk

He definitely united his people anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

I think if given the fictional chance he probably could have made some improvements in the EU with regards to the EU's kumbaya 'good in theory' approach to political Islam.

A bullish intolerant Merican could maybe balance out the Brussels hand wringers, bring us to a reasonable midpoint.

The left probably will have a revival now which will lead to a more understanding approach to the temporarily misguided jihadis, salafists and wahhabis who can totally be reformed and reasoned with.

So imaginary appreciation to the Donald for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Bans will only be handed out to those who break the forum rules

If you want to discuss Donald Trump's achievements go for it, but if the thread descends into pro-Trump and anti-Trump posters screaming at each other then cards and bans will be needed.

Everyone be warned - the purpose of the thread is clear from the op and while any points raised can be respectfully challenged it is not an open invitation to bombard this thread with anti-Trump rhetoric

Can I ask - has it been looked into by boards.ie moderators where posters are posting from/when they started to post here? There seems to have been a huge influx of really weird, alt-right, largely Trump supporting nincompoops with bad English of late. I know large social media websites like Reddit/Facebook have seen an influx in posters paid to present certain narratives underneath certain news stories. I really, really think this is happening in boards.ie of late and it would be great if the mods/owners could look into it.

There's always been trolls here, but lately they are of a different breed. I think it's something worth looking in to.

On the topic of Trump, he lost all respect from me after he went after John McCain. The GOP should have told him where to go when he insulted a man who endured this for his country. Irrespective of your opinion on McCains policy - he walked the walk more than anyone, and certainly more than mealy-mouth Donald. Republicans now reaping what they sowed - massive division within their party, election failure and a blight on their once laudible history.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

I heard he was 7 feet tall and will consume Biden in the supreme court with fire balls from his eyes and bolts of lightening from his arse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

You can laugh at him all you want, but The Wall will be a fitting standing monument to everything else he achieved long after he's left office.

Oh, wait. Ah, it's still accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

• The stock market surged under his Presidency after 6-7 years of growth beforehand. All the indices increased by 40%-50% on his watch.
    • The economy kept growing too. Everyone says Obama did it or Obama did it better. But Trump kept it going and was coming from a much higher base.
    • The corporate tax cut was something he promised and delivered (and probably helped drive the market).
    • He settled North Korea down. He met with Kim Jong-un and tensions eased after a couple of decades of threats and rhetoric.
    • He didn’t get into any war.
    • He made it harder for people to immigrate. Maybe that’s not a good thing but it’s what he and his base wanted and he delivered.
    • He was never afraid to make a decision or to be decisive.

I’m not a Trump fan and am delighted to see the back of him but I do get fed up of the one-dimensional portrayal of him on this side of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

This place has become quite the echo chamber, too many middle class Irish people reading tabloid style 'hit-pieces in ostensibly liberal broadsheets for four years.

Go for it with Trump- if you want to hold him dear go for it!

But *please* - must we import this left/right or class war bs divisiveness from the states? It's got nothing to do with Trump or the reasons people dislike him. The division was the tool. The left or the right were just collateral damage..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I liked that he wasnt a professional politician and that he made the great and the good sh1t the bed for 4 years straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

A horrible person and I hate how he flaunts wealth like that lavish way of living is something you should aspire to. On the other hand I did enjoy the entertainment for 4 years, but another 4 could really damage the world, as if he hasn't done enough damage already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

MOH wrote: »
    You can laugh at him all you want, but The Wall will be a fitting standing monument to everything else he achieved long after he's left office.

Oh, wait. Ah, it's still accurate.

Trump was in Floyd?

Bass or synth?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Can I ask - has it been looked into by boards.ie moderators where posters are posting from/when they started to post here? There seems to have been a huge influx of really weird, alt-right, largely Trump supporting nincompoops with bad English of late. I know large social media websites like Reddit/Facebook have seen an influx in posters paid to present certain narratives underneath certain news stories. I really, really think this is happening in boards.ie of late and it would be great if the mods/owners could look into it.

There's always been trolls here, but lately they are of a different breed. I think it's something worth looking in to.

On the topic of Trump, he lost all respect from me after he went after John McCain. The GOP should have told him where to go when he insulted a man who endured this for his country. Irrespective of your opinion on McCains policy - he walked the walk more than anyone, and certainly more than mealy-mouth Donald. Republicans now reaping what they sowed - massive division within their party, election failure and a blight on their once laudible history.

Might check your ip see where you are posting from, how about that? Plenty of new accounts/second accounts popping up in support of Biden as well.

DeanAustin wrote:
    • The stock market surged under his Presidency after 6-7 years of growth beforehand. All the indices increased by 40%-50% on his watch. • The economy kept growing too. Everyone says Obama did it or Obama did it better. But Trump kept it going and was coming from a much higher base. • The corporate tax cut was something he promised and delivered (and probably helped drive the market). • He settled North Korea down. He met with Kim Jong-un and tensions eased after a couple of decades of threats and rhetoric. • He didn’t get into any war. • He made it harder for people to immigrate. Maybe that’s not a good thing but it’s what he and his base wanted and he delivered. • He was never afraid to make a decision or to be decisive.

He also redistributed the heavily skewed ownership of stocks in the stock market!

• Advertisement

Oh and the quote was;

"they let you do it. You can do anything. .. . Grab 'em by the pussy."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I wonder who the lads go after when Trump is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,353 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

He told the most lies of anyone in history. A great achievement. Bigly. Covfefe.

U ok hun?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

He was a true Alpha male, didn’t give a fcuk about sugar coating his words. They broke the mould when they made him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

A legend. Hopefully he's back in 2024. Let's hope this leads to a trump dynasty. Maybe melania next, ivanka or Donnie junior.

Let's keep the left triggered.

They'll need a new bogeyman alright

He was a true Alpha male, didn’t give a fcuk about sugar coating his words. They broke the mound when they made him

Hahaha, ffs!

A legend. Hopefully he's back in 2024. Let's hope this leads to a trump dynasty. Maybe melania next, ivanka or Donnie junior.

Let's keep the left triggered.

:D:D

He might be on day release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Think he's a repulsive, disgusting human being... but this made me laugh :pac:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/257552283850653696

Advertisement