Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Cheers folks!

Its not a huge amount in the scheme of things, but considering the year we all had, it will make a big difference to our humble gaff. Thankfully we had all we needed for Christmas so no need to go mad in January. I've triple checked and checked again. I defo have a winning raffle number on the ticket. Sorry for dropping it into the thread like that. Just had to spill it beyond the house. Had it been a jackpot win, my account would've been deleted.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

giphy.gif

Things just went from bad to worse.
    There's an obituary episode to Fungi the dolphin coming on TV now.
    Someone send me drugs now.

Is it that Baz "I'm back milking it in RTE "lad??? Presents a rebuilding your house show that is a direct rip off from the USA years and years ago? I'm heading for the DVD collection here. It has to be better than TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Awaiting the return of Bella however I am off tonight so no need to trudge anywhere thank fcuk

I read that wrong. Bella is my cat and for a moment I wondered how you knew she was out... :eek:

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Its beyond brutal.:mad: Every morning I scan the schedule and so far I have about three recordings left to watch. In previous years I'd have over ten so far. Hoping to get out for a walk tomorrow if the weather isn't crap as usual. I'll go to the shop and maybe spend a fiver on something stupid, to justify the walk and actually see other human beings. If the TV was decent, it wouldn't be so bad without the pub, a meal out or visits.

youtube is great. And you have US!

I have not had or seen TV for... nearly 30 years. Ditching it was one of the best things I ever did.

Only human I have seen for???? was the ferryman my neighbour bringing turf and the hamper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Snowing here and they thoughts of having to drive in that in the morning :(.

Congrats on the win G :) The milky bars are on you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Congrats, G! A great year for you to get a win too!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Gave up and went back to bed.

Movie picked from the collection. For Queen and Country with Denzel Washington.(1988) Now some food to go with it. Chicken Goujons and chips with the Chef curry sauce. Paul McGrath recommends it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

All I'm doing is eating. Mr Sam did a fab turkey curry for dinner. Rip to the bird now. We did it justice though.

Just sitting down now to chill. No alcohol tonight, not able.

Anything good on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Hello all, random question, does anyone know the brand/make of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭thomil

Probably "People's Liberation Army Prison Camp 54" or something like that. Definitely a non-brand product, that's for sure.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Back home in Dublin. Favorite chair, watching the telly with my OH.

Seems to be sweet FA worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Listening to the rain beating down outside , Aileen Wournos : Mind Of A Monster on Quest Red here .

Couchside half watching Jack Reacher while messing on my phone, think I need to put it away occasionally, it6s definitely a distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm bingeing on The Crown.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Happy Christmas. Hope you all have a better 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

In A&E with Dad. His hernia again. He's finally sleeping after some heavy duty pain meds. I came in with ambulance and was supposed to go home after updating nurse but all taxis have stopped running for the night and no ones available to collect ms as everyone is under some kind of influence or another Thankfully the ward manager has let me stay. Its going to be a long, long night

Really sorry to hear that Sardi. Hope your dad is ok. He must be in awful pain. Hope you can get some rest there. Won't be easy I'm sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hope your dad is ok Sardi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Well wishes to you and your pops. I hope you both get some rest tonight x

I finally slept.

Headache etc all gone; it was exhaustion. Such a relief. Apparently slept through a thunderstorm but ot was the gale hurling stuff against the window woke me... First real sleep for a long time.i "Sleep that knits up the ravelled sleeve of care..."

g;E5000 is huge! If you need a helping hand with it... happy to oblige..

FFS! Same sh1te again. ED doctor pushed it back in manually and told us we can go home. Surgical consult didn't even come and review him, apparently once thay can push it in manually they dont want to operate. How many more times do we get to go through this rigramole? And we have to stay here till morning. On the plus side, Grumpy is Happy cos he's full of pethidene and tramadol.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sardi I can't imagine the frustration :( :mad: I wish I had something constructive to suggest.

We just got home now. Grumpy tucked up in bed as high as a kite. I'm exhausted but too wound up to sleep. Thanks for the well wishes.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    We just got home now. Grumpy tucked up in bed as high as a kite. I'm exhausted but too wound up to sleep. Thanks for the well wishes.

It's time to do something nice for you. Something you wouldn't normally do, a real treat. I command it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

So sorry to hear that Sardi, did they give a specific reason other than they can manually push it back in not to operate? It’s very frustrating

Autosport wrote: »
    So sorry to hear that Sardi, did they give a specific reason other than they can manually push it back in not to operate? It’s very frustrating

Because of complex medical history anaesthetic is too risky. But they didn't even review his most recent medical tests. The surgical on call didnt even see him just deligated to the ED doc over the phone! Utterly disgraceful carry on. What happens when they can't push it back in? Far riskier emergency surgery than if they schedule and prepare him, that's what. They just don't want the hassle of him and are hoping he shuffles off before they have to deal with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Not a care in the world,

537359.jpeg

• Advertisement

Oh sardi, that's so rough, on both of ye, I don't know how you do it.

G, congrats, what a super win, a very happy new year!

I'm at work..... Feel a head cold coming.... Now what to do!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement