Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

If you are in walking distance of a pub that's selling spiked coffees or mulled wine then you should get one of them :)

I'll be driving. :(

Couchside ,I've a horrible headache caused by complete stress so trying to unwind. Work was grand but my gang are driving me crazy today, between looking for spins to work, making food for lunches, worrying if they're doing their college stuff or staying in bed when I'm not here, filling out fcuking forms and then getting letters back looking for more info and trying to source different documents, last minute searches for clothes and taking stuff out of the laundry basket ,pure fcuking laziness, I'm fit to be tied. Before anyone says they should look after themselves I know that but it's part of that age group imo and I don't mind doing it but this afternoon was a nightmare.
    Loads to do but I might just sit here until bedtime, might have a drink too, I absolutely hate filling out forms so I think that's the stress, I usually ignore stuff ☺️ but can't this time, I genuinely think some departments just ask for more ****e hoping people will just give up and I'm almost at that point. FFFFSSS

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Couchside ,I've a horrible headache caused by complete stress so trying to unwind. Work was grand but my gang are driving me crazy today, between looking for spins to work, making food for lunches, worrying if they're doing their college stuff or staying in bed when I'm not here, filling out fcuking forms and then getting letters back looking for more info and trying to source different documents, last minute searches for clothes and taking stuff out of the laundry basket ,pure fcuking laziness, I'm fit to be tied. Before anyone says they should look after themselves I know that but it's part of that age group imo and I don't mind doing it but this afternoon was a nightmare.
    Loads to do but I might just sit here until bedtime, might have a drink too, I absolutely hate filling out forms so I think that's the stress, I usually ignore stuff ☺️ but can't this time, I genuinely think some departments just ask for more ****e hoping people will just give up and I'm almost at that point. FFFFSSS

I'm the worst agony aunt/uncle on the planet, because the only advice I can offer you is, have a drink and I don't mean tea or coffee.:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, very busy. Today and tomorrow we are interviewing final year dissertation students via Zoom as part of their assessment/marking process.

...and of course, the Zoom would have to play up earlier in the middle of two of the interviews. Grrr!!

In other news, got the Christmas tree up (its a 7 foot tall skinny one!) last night. :)

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Deskside, very busy. Today and tomorrow we are interviewing final year dissertation students via Zoom as part of their assessment/marking process.

...and of course, the Zoom would have to play up earlier in the middle of two of the interviews. Grrr!!

In other news, got the Christmas tree up (its a 7 foot tall skinny one!) last night. :)

We put ours up on Friday. It is glorious in its gaudiness :D

@leg, that's a shame. I like the idea of it but I'd have to take the bus and they have Covid on them.

• Advertisement

@Duvet, How many is in your gang? I would have had my mother drove mad as an older teenager and young adult. All the picking up and running around after me she did. Sure at 29 I was still "mammy this and mammy that" :D

They are lucky to have you but makesure there is time for you :)

Just thinking there. If mammy was well today I'd be the exact same, hanging out of her apron strings and ringing her a million times a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

There are local free to good home groups on Facebook, Grandeeod. If you use FB. People typically collect the items.

Sleepy and warm. Fireside

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭thomil

Kitchenside here, watching a stew bubbling away on the hob for tomorrow. The weather forecast looks like it might come in handy ;)

Hope you're all staying warm :)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

There are local free to good home groups on Facebook, Grandeeod. If you use FB. People typically collect the items.

Sleepy and warm. Fireside

Cheers. I have it stored away and will only release it to some kind of charity or someone in need like you suggested. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Bad day. B2tch sister us back, berating me for not letting her in. Because we are in Level 3. When reminded her house visits aren't allowed yet she complained she was the only person in Ireland 'not allowed' to see her own father. We might not see her for weeks on end. Sge never phones to enquire how he is or if he needs anything, and does nothing to help. Just talks endlessly about herself. My anxiety is ratcheting and got a really bad migraine. Currently listening to Nick Drake to calm down. Must feed my furry mammals their supper then prep the Lamb cutlets, carrots and onions and throw them into some stick in the slow cooker for Grumpy's dinner tomorrow. Not feeling good at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Bad day. B2tch sister us back, berating me for not letting her in. Because we are in Level 3. When reminded her house visits aren't allowed yet she complained she was the only person in Ireland 'not allowed' to see her own father. We might not see her for weeks on end. Sge never phones to enquire how he is or if he needs anything, and does nothing to help. Just talks endlessly about herself. My anxiety is ratcheting and got a really bad migraine. Currently listening to Nick Drake to calm down. Must feed my furry mammals their supper then prep the Lamb cutlets, carrots and onions and throw them into some stick in the slow cooker for Grumpy's dinner tomorrow. Not feeling good at all.

Send your lovely sister my way and I’ll sort her for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Sardonicat wrote: »

FFS there is one in every family, wouldn't worry about her tbh. Take care of yourself
    Couchside, depressed at the utd game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Couchside watching Jack Reacher. In the book he is 6ft 5 and in the film he's Tom Cruise ;)
    Was outside briefly bringing in santa stuff from the car and it's bitter cold 🥶

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Couchside watching Jack Reacher. In the book he is 6ft 5 and in the film he's Tom Cruise ;)
    Was outside briefly bringing in santa stuff from the car and it's bitter cold 🥶

As Seph would say What did you buy us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote:
    As Seph would say What did you buy us

Exactly.

How big a plate do I need to slide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Autosport wrote: »
    As Seph would say What did you buy us :D

Hmm, let me see. A LOL mega remix thingie, make your own lava lamp, mp3 player and some board games...

Several boxes of sweets and chocolate - heroes, celebrations, Thornton and quality street

Ye can argue among yourselves and I will slide away.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, chilled and pleased with two pieces of art I drew this evening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good Morning all, the sun is shining, and its work time for me :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

IT IS BITTERLY COLD! And noisy. Elemental tomfoolery all the night long and then the cats got HUNGRY.

Well, no tree here. The one year I really wanted it. DPD strikes again.

Sunday is Advent 2 when my adornments go up so there will be lights at least...

Need to organise my supplies also as only one real shopping ferry trip left now.

Deskside, another week almost done, have a great day lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside, another week almost done, have a great day lads.

Today is Ted's Friday & off until Tuesday.

Deskside with coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

The weekend is so near I can taste it. It tastes quite winey and ..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside wrapped up in that fleece blanket my company sent out and watching the "lovely" weather outside.

Oh, and my early Christmas present arrived yesterday, loving it so far :D

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

I'm properly hungry for the first time in days. I'm thinking bacon butty. I'm thinking a layer of melted cheddar and mozzarella. I'm thinking some sliced tomato. I'm thinking mayonnaise. I'm thinking its going to be a delicious, slurpy mess. Less thinking. Time to go get.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sardi I'm hoping you had that sammich, you so deserve it..

Sardi I'm hoping you had that sammich, you so deserve it..

Changed my mind. Got spuds in the steamer for mash to serve with Dad's Irish Stew, I threw in a few extra so I'm going to have grilled rashers, fried mash, fried egg and beans a bit later. How does that sound?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'll ignore the beans because the rest sounds amazing ;)

I'll ignore the beans because the rest sounds amazing ;)

Grand so, no beans for Grem. More for me!

Grem doesn't like beans?? Wut?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Grem doesn't like beans?? Wut?

She's always ignoring the beans. Beans be like, hey friend, over here, could we have five minutes of your time for a wee chat and Grem be like, silent treatment all over the shop. Poor ignored beans :( :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement