Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

IT'S FUNDRUMMMMMMMM DAYYY!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Much more likely to be your inner lycanthrope, have a goo at the moon!.

Speaking of which, Grumpy was all over the shop yesterday and the night prior. Tantrumming because he couldn't make time go faster, if you dont mind! I have to laugh at these things or I'll lose it more than I already have! Who knew my Dad was a Time Lord? He kept that quite the 50 years I've known him. What does that make me? Has anyone seen my Tardis?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭3d4life

bubblypop wrote: »
    Whoever posted the famous five skit, goddam you, I'm 30 mins behind already :)

30 mins.........pfffft !

You can waste days and still not have done them all :D

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+comic+strips++famous+five

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Phew what a morning. I'm all upside down with things gwan I'll blame the moon :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

Just back from a lovely walk inhaling all the smells of the trees. I'm a tree sniffer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭wildwillow

A few holes of golf and all is well in the world. Within the five km limit luckily. Mostly dreadful shots but a few good ones, satisfied because it is almost 12 months since I played.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

If you listen really carefully right about now you will hear an uncooked pizza calling out for me to come and cook it and eat it.

I am coming baby...I am coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It was toolbox day today. I dismantled a single bed and assembled a new double bed for Ms G. Then I set up a mini christmas tree with lights in her room. I arranged more lights over both ends of the bed for a real christmas scene. Looks great.

The single bed is a decent pine one and only 5 years old. I rang two local charity shops and both said, no thanks. WTF!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    It was toolbox day today. I dismantled a single bed and assembled a new double bed for Ms G. Then I set up a mini christmas tree with lights in her room. I arranged more lights over both ends of the bed for a real christmas scene. Looks great.

The single bed is a decent pine one and only 5 years old. I rang two local charity shops and both said, no thanks. WTF!

You could try a homeless charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I remember after the first lockdown ended , the Jack and Jill charity shop in town here were inundated with stuff , to the point that they couldn't accept anything as the storage units were all full .

Home , in for the evening.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You could try a homeless charity?

One of them was.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

One of them was.

Adverts or Done Deal. Make yourself a few bob for Christmas.

To thine own self be true

Gran, could you contact Women's Aid/Men's Aid? Any organisation like that that help people get set up in a new place in a hurry.

Might be too far away from you but age action have a large warehouse in cherry orchard, dublin. They sometimes collect, might be worth ringing them, just to see if they might be passing you at any stage. No-one will take used mattresses however.

When did kids start getting double beds anyway! It's gas, my friends kids have all had doubles since they were out of cots. When I go to my mams house, I still sleep in a single bed, so did any boyfriend I ever brought home! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

This seems to be my daily update but the moon is absolutely gorgeous.

I could see a brightness between the neighbours houses, very low. I thought someone has gone mental with Christmas lights, but nope moon rising.

Dave has been MIA these days hope he's busy with the camera.

Got my New Wave/Punk playlist going while Grumpy's dinner cooks and I potter round in the kitchen. So far I've had The Stranglers, The Damned, Television, early Cure. Joy Division currently blowing my mind, as always. Music has been the constant in my life that has kept me sane. I do find it strange that my go to choice at the moment is music from my childhood and not my teens/twenties. I don't know what to conclude from that other than the fact I must have been a very cool and edgy baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm pretty certain SVP sent a van when we were dumping furniture, all hard wood stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

A lot of people did big clear outs over the first lockdown so charities might be creaking at the seams at the moment. They've had very little chance to sell stuff too. I'd be wary about strangers calling to the door if you put it on adverts etc.

I'm tableside, it feels like it should be bedtime.

Ah I'll keep trying to off load the bed preferably to a charity. Gonna store it until the new year if I have too.

As of now, just finished helping Ms G revise for her German test tomorrow. Das ist gut, ya?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Minions Covid test came back negative. They are so unimpressed with a return to school tomorrow.

Think I will take my sneaky sick day tomorrow and hit the shops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m alive :D

Autosport wrote: »

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭thomil

That's always the most important part. Everything else is negotiable.

Well, that's my approach to things anyway.

Deskside, in a bit of a melancholic mood.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

thomil wrote: »
    That's always the most important part. Everything else is negotiable.

Well, that's my approach to things anyway.

Deskside, in a bit of a melancholic mood.

The start of a good day is when you wake up ;)

Now that that’s out of the way how are Ye all keeping :)

Well I'm grand so far anyway. About to dig into a bowl of chicken curry and chips in a bit. Not a takeaway. Home made. Really hope you are getting better from that dose. My mother had it years ago. Its not nice.

Had some delicious bacon sandwiches earlier and I wouldn’t say no to another :D

Feeling a million times better, worse feeling in the world is vertigo, I found the nausea is the worse part for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tae and confuzzlement here..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I thought I was alive once - it was nice....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I never doubted that for a second ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Treeless in the Atlantic... DPD strikes again... The ignore the facts that they do not deliver to offshore islands even after I tell them again and again and tell senders An Post only. I think they are illiterate....

So things get dropped somewhere and sometimes never arrive but they claim they have delivered them.

So my small artificial Christmas tree is MIA. And Amazon are blacklisted in this house now. Demanding a refund ...

Off at some stage to find some suitable branches to use as a tree.. lol..

Did someone mention bacon butties? With honey...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement