Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonald’s 2e Big Mac on the new app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I don't see any of the two Waterford City McD on that list so I am assuming they're not partaking in this promotion either, although the Dungarvan one which I think is owed by somebody else is on the list. A guy called Joe Byrne owns both city ones.

I thought that list was the list of places that weren't doing the deal, i.e. the two Waterford City stores are doing the deal.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I thought that list was the list of places that weren't doing the deal, i.e. the two Waterford City stores are doing the deal.

Oh, you are right, my bad, I just opened it and assumed those listed were partaking in it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Tried in Longford DriveThru (€3 Coffee/McMufin deal) told oh come round to the payment window to see. Oh we would have to charge €3.90 !!

davehey79 wrote: »
    Tried in Longford DriveThru (€3 Coffee/McMufin deal) told oh come round to the payment window to see. Oh we would have to charge €3.90 !!

I assume you are not 9 years old. :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Don’t get your meaning ? Obv not 9 and driving anyways !!! Haha
    Was in a rush so just took it and as happens next window obv made a mistake and I got the coffee and full breakfast meal in the bag !

• Advertisement

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    To help prevent an epidemic of obesity.

Big Mac's are 500 calories, hardly high in calories compared to similar items.

Edit: I see you just like letting us know of your wisdom.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114955377

What about high calorific sweetened drinks, saturated fats etc. I prefer non- processed food thank you very much.

This is a thread about a Big Mac, take your opinions about unrelated things elsewhere. If you don't want to take up the offer, there's no need to tell us about your groundbreaking opinions.

I was responding to an earlier poster who seemed to suggest fast food was healthy I.e. not contributing to obesity..

No one suggested this, OmegaGene only suggested that your post was pointless. You decided to read it that way so that you can seem superior to any of us seemingly unhealthy folk who took up this offer.
    It costs nothing to be nice you know.

Yes, which is why you shouldn't post in a thread for no reason other than to make people feel bad for spoiling themselves once in a while.

There was a clear suggestion that fast food didnt contribute to obesity when
    Aristotle said "Big Mac's are 500 calories, hardly high in calories compared to similar items."

Yes, that's me. And a Big Mac does not contribute to obesity, calories do. A Big Mac is 20-25% of an average person's daily recommended calorie intake, which is less than many healthy foods, including some salads.

Regardless, the point being made is that you coming into this thread stating "Why would anyone eat this?" and "To help prevent an epidemic of obesity" is attacking posters for no reason. People who have taken up this offer are fully aware that it is not the healthiest thing they can spend their two euro on. They do not need someone to post the incredibly obvious just to remind them of this and make them feel bad.
    There is no need to be so mean spirited. I did not intend to make anybody feel bad about anything. I suggest many would already feel bad after eating fast food irrespective of what I have to say.

Well then there is absolutely no point to any of your comments in this thread. If you're bored, head to After Hours. This thread has gone off topic far enough.

You seem to think a big mac is healthy.

No, I never said this at any point.
    It's not. It contains a high amount of ones recommended daily allowance of saturated fat which contributes to cardiovascular disease, and a high amount of ones recommended daily allowance of Sodium.

That's great to know, I nor anyone else in this thread knew about this because none of us did junior cert science, thank you for letting us all know. I expect to see you post similar comments in all threads in Bargain Alerts about alcohol, baking etc. Or is it just fast food that you feel compelled to let us know your revolutionary opinions about? I assume you're a teetotaller right? Otherwise, you'd just be a hypocrite.

And how does any of that cause an epidemic of obesity as you say anyway?

And since you don't plan on going back on topic nor of leaving the thread, what were you hoping to achieve with your incredibly brave "Why would anyone eat this?" comment? Everyone would suddenly realise that they actually don't like Big Macs?

Edit: Seems not. It's OK for you to drink some Budweiser but you are so concerned about people eating fast food that you felt the urge to remind people that it's bad for them?

• Advertisement

I find your responses quite sarcastic and nasty

Good, well thought out response. I recommend you stick to After Hours.

Stop trolling

You think I'm trolling, when none of your posts have anything to do with this deal? You just wanted to make people feel bad about eating a Big Mac while you sipped on some beers?

Let's get back on topic.

"Sipped on some beers" What rubbish from you. Speak for yourself.

I don't drink because it's unhealthy, but thank you for asking. I also don't however feel need to post in the booze thread telling people that it's unhealthy because people get enjoyment from it and live and let live.

"Sipped on some beers" what is the purpose of this comment other than a ridiculous and quite nasty comment to try to portray me as some kind of Alcoholic?

You drink beer. You have no right to suggest to anyone not to buy a Big Mac because it's unhealthy, and especially no right to suggest that people who are taking up this offer are contributing to an "epidemic of obesity" while you drink something that is ~200 calories per pint. Unless you are suggesting no one should ever have more than two pints?

How would you feel if someone posted "Why would anyone drink alcohol?" in the booze thread? You would see it as just as pointless and attention-seeking as I and others see your "Why would anyone eat this?" post in this thread.
    I agree we should get back on topic but you keep going off topic.

No I haven't, I am only replying to your off topic posts. I have already contributed posts related to this deal at the start of this thread. If you have nothing to contribute to this thread in relation to this deal, and you obviously don't as you only drink coffee in McDonald's, then I recommend that you stop posting less you wish to further embarrass yourself.

You've completely changed the topic to alcohol.

No, I am pointing out your hypocrisy that you feel entitled to tell us all about the health concerns of the saturated fats etc. in a Big Mac (that we are all already fully aware of) when you are not bothered by the health concerns of things you yourself consume, nor have you bothered to point out such health concerns for other people in the booze thread.
    You have no reason whatsoever to suggest I am " sipping beers" late at night as I reply to you. You brought this up as a cheap shot trying to make me out to be an Alcoholic. How distasteful.

I never said that you were an alcoholic, just like I never said a Big Mac was healthy. You just like to think I said these things because you can't think of a sensible reply.
    What's more I pointed out quite clearly that mc Donald's is ok in moderation from a dietary perspective although it's not the type of restaurant I'm accustomed to frequenting and nor did I enjoy the food on the rare ocassion I did.

So you knew the answer to your own question of "Why would anyone eat this?". So why have you posted in this thread at all?

@Aristotle

You are ignoring the question.

Why did you say I was "sipping beers" late at night?

No I'm not, because I did not say that. I said you were sipping on beers while someone else was eating a Big Mac. I did not say anything about tonight. That is now three things you've fabricated about what I said in just the last few posts.

I suggest you re-read what you said.

You clearly said I drinking beers whilst posting on this site.

I'm fully aware of what I said thank you.

"You just wanted to make people feel bad about eating a Big Mac while you sipped on some beers?"

Note that I said "while you sipped" not "while you are sipping". But if can't grasp that that means that I'm not referring to tonight, maybe I'm wrong?
    For the record I'm not and rarely drink beers let alone" sipping beers" late at night. Please stop making ridiculous unfounded and ignorant remarks such as these.

So it's OK for you to rarely drink beer, but you felt it was so important that no one should take up this offer, be it a rare treat or otherwise, that you felt the need to ask "Why would anyone eat this?"?

And why have you not had the urge to tell people in the booze thread to only drink on the rare occasion? You know, for their health?

Why are you even bringing up the subject of my drinking (sipped or sipping ) beer or alchol. It's totally out of context. Totally unrelated subject.

I have already answered this, but maybe you misread another one of my posts? I am pointing out your hypocrisy that you feel entitled to tell us all about the health concerns of the saturated fats etc. in a Big Mac (that we are all already fully aware of) when you are not bothered by the health concerns of things you yourself consume, nor have you bothered to point out such health concerns for other people in the booze thread.

Speaking of out of context and unrelated subjects, are you going to explain why you opened a thread which, from the title, you could tell would be of no interest to you as you only drink coffee in McDonald's, then proceeded to post an irrelevant question to which you already knew the answer to?
    The impression was given that I was drinking alcohol which for the record is totally inaccurate.

No it wasn't. You misread my post and don't want to admit to it.

Can we get this thread back on track please? Preferably without you posting in it as you have no interest in the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I just clicked redeem.

10 minutes is counting down, I hope McDonald's aren't strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

If ya want to get max bang for your buck use the self service screen to order the big mac. You can add extra pickles, lettuce, onion for free.
    Think of it as the healthier, added veg option:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

123654789 wrote: »
    If ya want to get max bang for your buck use the self service screen to order the big mac. You can add extra pickles, lettuce, onion for free.
    Think of it as the healthier, added veg option:D

Or if you want the healthy option you can order the big mac without the bun and you get it in the box to eat with a fork, my friend who is in weight watchers does this all the time. Think you have to ask for the fork:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Lads, start another thread somewhere else please about nutrition.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The exclamation mark in the red triangle people - report these ridiculous posts

vicwatson wrote: »
    The exclamation mark in the red triangle people - report these ridiculous posts

The poster has been temp banned. You can't expects mods to be on the site 24/7, especially during a holiday. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone getting loads of alerts from the app for streaming events that don't work?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Anyone getting loads of alerts from the app for streaming events that don't work?

Deleted the app this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The poster has been temp banned. You can't expects mods to be on the site 24/7, especially during a holiday. :)

Who said I expected them to be on 24/7 (shrugs shoulders) was merely advising peeps to use the report function

vicwatson wrote: »
    Who said I expected them to be on 24/7 (shrugs shoulders) was merely advising peeps to use the report function

How do you know the report button wasn't clicked?

Besides, let's not have any more off-topic posts, that's two from you now. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Deal worked fine at Nutgrove drive thru. They didn’t scan it but checked to make sure it was activated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

nialldinho wrote: »
    Deal worked fine at Nutgrove drive thru. They didn’t scan it but checked to make sure it was activated.

when it's activated and used is that it gone then or does another deal pop up in its place on the app?

Advertisement